Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old Navy - Xmas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old Navy - Xmas
    Posted: 14 Oct 2022 at 3:41am
It's not even Oct. 15 yet!
73 F'ING DAYS UNTIL XMAS, are you kidding me!? AngryAngryAngryAngry

I do blame Amazon, Target & Walmart for kicking off the wonderful joyous season with their little sales/Prime Day 2 BS. Now Xmas will really be shoved down our throats earlier than ever! F- off!

Sponsored Links

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2022 at 3:45am
Too early. We're not even into Halloween yet.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2022 at 6:48am
Have some fun with it.  Decorate your Halloween displays with Christmas stuff... 
(Put Santa hats on skeleton skulls, those goofy antlers on giant spiders, do weird things with/to pumpkins...)
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2022 at 4:12pm

Boo humbug.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2022 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Have some fun with it.  Decorate your Halloween displays with Christmas stuff... 
(Put Santa hats on skeleton skulls, those goofy antlers on giant spiders, do weird things with/to pumpkins...)

Some people have been putting up Halloween trees for years....

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifestyle/family-kids/mum-shows-halloween-tree-prompts-22775314

I think the idea cropped up back in the 90's after the release of the Tim Burton movie The Nightmare Before Christmas

I lived upstairs from this weird guy back then who did that at Christmas.

Did a Nightmare Before Christmas tree with skulls and spider webs etc.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2022 at 6:00pm
Maybe the ad would be better without that cow Jennifer Coolidge, but... not by much. Thumbs Down
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2022 at 6:00pm
the hag that is on these ads...ugh.
Shes like a crappy version of Karen Black, Fay Dunaway and a shark all rolled
together into one putrid mass
she has NEVER been appealing unless she plays a scuzzbag
which she often does
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2022 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

Maybe the ad would be better without that cow Jennifer Coolidge, but... not by much. Thumbs Down

Stiffler's Mom!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2022 at 11:11pm
...And now we have more dancing. Dead

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2022 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

Stiffler's Mom!

... don't got it goin' on, no more. Tongue
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 12:11am
I have no idea who she is, as I have never seen anything she's been in.

Lucky me.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 12:53pm
She's been in a ton of movies, TV shows. Only recall her in "Best In Show" (Like a mockumentary /parody of The Dog Show world...kind of like the movie Spinal Tap) also...yeah, Stiffer's mom in American Pie.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0177639/

Pazuzu413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazuzu413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

the hag that is on these ads...ugh.
Shes like a crappy version of Karen Black, Fay Dunaway and a shark all rolled
together into one putrid mass
she has NEVER been appealing unless she plays a scuzzbag
which she often does
A grosser version of Karen Black, that's exactly who she remindes me of. Faye Dunaway was gorgeous. 
Nemo me impune lacessit
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 6:50pm
As I see these horrible commercials while it's still 75 degrees outside (because it's been unusually warm in October in WA), I think to myself about those people who celebrate Christmas all year long...there are real people who never listen to anything but Christmas music, still have a lit-up tree in the spring, summer and fall, eat fruitcake all year long...
they are JUMPING for joy! Not me.

Black Friday has become redundant too. QVC was doing Black Friday weeks ago. It used to be the day after Thanksgiving, before it creeped up into Thanksgiving night. Now it's literally 24/7 and even in spring. WTF?!!
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 7:57pm
It's supposed to be 75 this weekend, so it's weird seeing Christmas ads already.

One year, the one radio station near me went all-Christmas on a rare November day where it was 71 degrees!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

As I see these horrible commercials while it's still 75 degrees outside (because it's been unusually warm in October in WA), I think to myself about those people who celebrate Christmas all year long...there are real people who never listen to anything but Christmas music, still have a lit-up tree in the spring, summer and fall, eat fruitcake all year long...
they are JUMPING for joy! Not me.

Black Friday has become redundant too. QVC was doing Black Friday weeks ago. It used to be the day after Thanksgiving, before it creeped up into Thanksgiving night. Now it's literally 24/7 and even in spring. WTF?!!

Those sre the people who shop after Christmas for all the 50% off deals on Christmas decorations.

I don't care if it's free; if you're not sick of Christmas by that point, you're a lost cause.

I was sick of Christmas by July, when the supply chain opened up and Walmart got bombarded with last year's stuff.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

As I see these horrible commercials while it's still 75 degrees outside (because it's been unusually warm in October in WA), I think to myself about those people who celebrate Christmas all year long...there are real people who never listen to anything but Christmas music, still have a lit-up tree in the spring, summer and fall, eat fruitcake all year long...they are JUMPING for joy! Not me.

Same with Halloween.

They keep their decorations up all year and boast about it on FB groups dedicated to Halloween and/or Christmas.

I don't understand how they can maintain enthusiasm when it finally arrives, after having it in front of their faces day in and day out through spring and summer.

I think people like that must be simpletons.

C'mon, man!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 12:12am
Christmas movies begin on Hallmark Channel, Friday at 6am. Movies & Mysteries will air a Christmas film, 'A Christmas to Remember,' the night before. Is this the earliest Hallmark Channel has gone holiday?
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 12:15am
'Tis the season for the 1000 variations of "A Christmas Carol" to be on TV all of the time. 
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 2:52pm
I think people like that must be simpletons.

I THINK thats why this forum EXISTS
as the sane alternative to the seemingly sluglike MAJORITY
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 10:54am
Simply put, I despise the Holidays...I'm sure I mentioned this quite a few times already. But this will perhaps be the new normal, shoving this BS down our throats starting early-mid October now. Reasoning it's early this year because of companies fearing slow sales due to the price of EVERYTHING. So...these commercials get us into the spending spirit earlier??  And if this little experiment works, expect it next year also. Yeah...well f- you! Personally, it doesn't make sense what so ever.

I cannot wait until Nov. 1. sarcasm. 8 straight days of non-stop insipid PA Political ads (which started way way back in Feb., March ) mixed with Xmas commercials. I may have to find a few shows on my jailbroken Fire TV stick... binge everything and skip regular TV altogether.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 7:50pm
In Ohio, those political ads are nonstop too, and probably will get worse until Election Day.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Simply put, I despise the Holidays...I'm sure I mentioned this quite a few times already. But this will perhaps be the new normal, shoving this BS down our throats starting early-mid October now. Reasoning it's early this year because of companies fearing slow sales due to the price of EVERYTHING. So...these commercials get us into the spending spirit earlier??  And if this little experiment works, expect it next year also. Yeah...well f- you! Personally, it doesn't make sense what so ever.

Well, you can't just blame advertisers and retailers. There are plenty of people (usually women, usually older) who live for Christmas, who are constantly on the lookout for crap for the grandkids. To these people, the mere hint of Christmas revs their engines.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Simply put, I despise the Holidays...I'm sure I mentioned this quite a few times already.

I used to feel that way in my younger years.

I used to say that my favorite day of the year was January 2nd.

Crap's all over with and it's back to good ol' normal.

But I've done a 180° turn around on it.

Now I live for October and the beginning of the "festive season".

Decorating the house, easing up on my dietary restrictions a bit. Buying some sweet cakes and goodies at the store. Shopping for my Thanksgiving and Christmas pig outs. Going through a couple each of fruitcakes, cream pies and cheesecakes between then and Christmas.

Ice cream...

And just all the colorful lights and the festive mood in the cooler, more comfortable air makes me feel like it's something to look forward to and worth waiting for the rest of the year.

Gotta have something to get me through the heat and boredom of spring and summer.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 11:43pm
Summer's still my favorite season. I like the time between Halloween and New Year's too. January there's not a whole lot to do in Ohio.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic