Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liberty Mutual Pool Party!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liberty Mutual Pool Party!
    Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 1:47am
I saw my dad at the home he's at and this commercial came up...

He said the commercial sucked...and must they have their laptops and tablets in the pool?

Better idea for this commercial...the laptops and tablets are plugged in and everyone gets electrocuted...then a giant bag of rice crushes the survivors.
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 6:10am
It's not a proper pool party until someone BBQ's the emu... 
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 6:15am
Liberty x4 my A$$. And that emu can kiss my a$$ (well, not causing bleeding at least...) too!
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 8:45am

I get Youtube shorts from "Useless Farm" that feature this emu named Karen.

Karen's a real sweetheart.

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 6:11pm
Way better than that stupid Limu Emu!
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 3:23am
I never saw the full version until now. I keep seeing (and just saw it a few minutes ago) the shorter version which I just couldn't understand. It's so short, it's pointless.

d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 3:45am
I don't know who the target demographic is for this commercial. 

Young people? Maybe. But are they going to be swayed by this? (I'm not young, maybe I don't get kids today. I just know I'd look at this like "Meh, dumb commercial" when I was younger.)

It's certainly not geared to people my age. (Closer to 60 than 50) I don't have any kids (that I know of) so it really doesn't resonate with me. But then I remember when people used to go around saying "Get a piece of the rock" for insurance. 

(video added for youngsters that do not get the reference)
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 2:55pm
i think this one qualifies for 'desperate reach with zero related content' award of 2022

Everything about this smacks of 'NOW what do we do--the limu has covid and Dougs
been revealed as a serial killer' Oh wait.... something INANE and summer related!!
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 5:37pm
What's the point of the 15 second version? It makes no sense!
jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 1:22am
Originally posted by radioandnascarfan radioandnascarfan wrote:

What's the point of the 15 second version? It makes no sense!

You're right - it makes absolutely no sense. 

I think the only possible reason could be that at least they're not subjecting us to the full commercial. :-)
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 6:08am
More $$$ straight into David H. Long's pocket. (The CEO and president of Liberty Liberty Liberty)
Now there's a stupid Limu Emu ad in a bowling alley. The saga never ends for one of the worst advertisers on television.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 3:02pm
Doesnt it seem as if these adtards MAY have worked the Geico & Progressive ads and been FIRED for being too stoopid--for THOSE ads? This is the absolute NADIR of creative-bottom feeding rules at Liberty
BOTTOM FEEDING hmmmm
jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 5:47am
There are two Progressive "Flo" ads that run constantly now. I've never seen them all the way through because I avoid them like the plague. One is the one that starts with that terribly sung "Loyal Order of Riders" jingle. The other one starts with the dad and son and soon closeted Jamie is putting his creepy hand on the boy's shoulder. Shudder.

It is way past time for Flo and gay Jamie and the rest of them to hang it all up. 
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by jon1 jon1 wrote:

There are two Progressive "Flo" ads that run constantly now. I've never seen them all the way through because I avoid them like the plague. One is the one that starts with that terribly sung "Loyal Order of Riders" jingle. The other one starts with the dad and son and soon closeted Jamie is putting his creepy hand on the boy's shoulder. Shudder.

It is way past time for Flo and gay Jamie and the rest of them to hang it all up. 

Making things worse, there are actually two different "motorcycle" ads.
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

Originally posted by jon1 jon1 wrote:

Making things worse, there are actually two different "motorcycle" ads.

Note how those  Jamie with hot wife ads were SUPER short lived
NO ONE  is fooled--Jamie enjoys butt play
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 5:44am
Flo went away forever, then appeared suddenly in the past few months with more cringy ads.
Yuck! WTF?! I've been wishing for her TV demise for years. Hey, at least if she takes Jamie, she can take an emu and a mustached idiot for free!

How can these insurance companies keep throwing these vomit-fests at TV viewers? Angry
jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 6:08am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

NO ONE  is fooled--Jamie enjoys butt play

No, I think Jamie wishes he did - but he's a virgin. He's still very much the foolish/stupid little boy. Gay boy perhaps, but a boy. Always has been. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 8:29am

Flo's been with us now for 14 years! That's quite a run.

I've never had a problem with her.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 2:27pm
Flo has never bothered me either.

I think that's because instead of portraying her as some kind of "beautiful, strong, superior, empowered, modern woman leader" who I'm supposed to take seriously, etc, etc, they made her very plain looking.

And she's usually the butt of whatever the joke is.

When commercial characters are shown to not take themselves too seriously, I'm mostly OK with them, even if the attempts at humor aren't that funny.

The thing that I hate most about characters in TV ads, is when they try to portray them as über hip or cool or superior or whatever.

When they make their own spokes mascot sort of a geek, I don't hate them.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 1:01am
I will take Flo over Emu commercials any day! Sure, she is not gorgeous (on purpose), but I find the Progressive ads a little more entertaining.

Take that comment with a grain of salt, please!
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 5:46pm
I like Flo. She has to be one of the longest running advertising characters right now. I believe she was introduced in either 2008 or 2009.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 9:11pm
ucch! Really? U don't think she kinda 'phones it in' and sux up a paycheck for
kinda bad acting and a crap ton of makeup? She is buffoon numero UNO
...& dont get me started on Gaymie!!
...Or the horrible adenoidal Mara who they keep featuring even though
her turd personality = no laffs
U can tell Progressive occasionally sickens of her & tries new
equally crappy vague ad campaigns
to no avail
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 9:58pm

Here she is in some earlier roles. I like the one in which she plays a Britney Spears sort of pop star (at about 30 seconds).

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

ucch! Really? U don't think she kinda 'phones it in' and sux up a paycheck for
kinda bad acting and a crap ton of makeup? She is buffoon numero UNO
...& dont get me started on Gaymie!!
...Or the horrible adenoidal Mara who they keep featuring even though
her turd personality = no laffs
U can tell Progressive occasionally sickens of her & tries new
equally crappy vague ad campaigns
to no avail

So let me ask you.... if everything else about the ads was the same, except that Flo was portrayed a beautiful, hot, sexy actress with big tits, would you like them then?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 6:01am
Quote So let me ask you.... if everything else about the ads was the same, except that Flo was portrayed a beautiful, hot, sexy actress with big tits, would you like them then?

The ads, or the...? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic