Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where's Angry?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 10:17am

Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

Thanks for doing this, Thor. Keep us posted. I wimped out and couldn't bring myself to call. I had a bad experience doing something similar with my now late brother.

One of my fave old bands had a song (well, not really a song---more like a sound segment) called Grandma's House, which was mainly just the sound of Grandma's phone ringing--- but Grandma's not picking up. Kinda dark, but kinda funny.

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 1:26pm
She obviously can't hear the phone ringing because she's outside in the garden tending her flowers.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

She obviously can't hear the phone ringing because she's outside in the garden tending her flowers.

Y'mean the daisies she'll soon be pushing up?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 1:41pm
There is nothing wrong at grandma's house.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 1:49pm

LOL, but there might be something seriously wrong at Grandma's house.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 1:51pm
Nothing a coat of paint wouldn't fix.

And maybe an exorcism.....

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 2:11pm

Grandma's been exorcised...and exercized.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 2:19pm
A friend of mine had one of their albums back in the 70's.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 2:30pm

I only liked the ones with Stan Ridgway. That'd be an EP and the first two albums. There was also a record with live covers of spaghetti western music.

I loved the cover of the first album as I was playing around with infrared photography at the time, myself.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 2:39pm
The rocks look like giant lizards.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 2:46pm

Crocodiles!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 8:55am

Well, no text or callback, and no obit or anything online. So, we're in limbo on this one, I guess.

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 2:03am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Well, no text or callback, and no obit or anything online. So, we're in limbo on this one, I guess.

Hope it wasn't a fire at wherever he lives or something, or possibly some other health issue.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 10:55am

With no obituary and an uncharacteristic absence from CIH as well as his own website, I wonder if COVID is in the mix. My neighbor's been in the hospital on a respirator since sometime in Jan or Feb with the illness.

ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 5:41pm
Man, you step away for a couple of years, come back and everyone's dead. Great.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 7:17pm

LOL, but let's not jump in Angry's grave yet...I mean, if there is one.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 5:59am
He was worried about becoming homeless a year or so ago, so that might have actually happened...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 8:32am

^ From what I gather from his website, it sounds like he's had to move a lot over the years. He has 5 web pages between 2009 and 2017 re having to move. On the first page (2008), he said he'd moved 4 times between 1999 and 2008 alone.

MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 1:55am
Perhaps he just gave up like aka Ron did?
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 6:38pm
I hope that he's just homeless or having issues moving and not dead. It'd be great if he came back here or his website. He last was on both March 21st.

I don't know if he's vaccinated or at high risk for severe complications of COVID.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 8:14pm
If memory serves me correctly, isn't he wheelchair bound? I hope he's ok. He always makes me smile. As do all of you guys and gals.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

If memory serves me correctly, isn't he wheelchair bound? I hope he's ok. He always makes me smile. As do all of you guys and gals.

I think he is. There's some photos on his website of him in a wheelchair.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 12:43am
I've been searching and searching for anything relating to Craig. Still nothing.

On one of the other forums I belong to, there was a user who was gone for quite a few months. He's fine now, but he had so many visits to neurologists for a brain condition. 

I always liked his posts here, so it's a shame. I know his dad died a few years ago, but I'm not sure about his mother.

It's strange that in this day and age, it's hard to find out sometimes if one has died. Fresno County death certificates are available, but you have to pay for them.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 8:32am

I did searches for Fresno, Sacramento, Seattle and Juneau, Alaska (I think he grew up there). No luck. As I said once before, the name "Craig Johnson" doesn't help. There are many.

The last update to his website still says 3/21/22, same as here.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 12:48pm
His last Facebook posts on both his personal page and his LED page were from around March too.

I even looked through the FB pages of some of his friend for possible comments about him that might give a clue, but nothing.

Just have to keep searching I guess.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic