Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

And Now For Something COMPLETELY Different!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: And Now For Something COMPLETELY Different!
    Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 2:49am
Oh my....this commercial is so bizarre it's off the charts.  Can any of you imagine a kid TODAY milking  a plastic cow??  LOL

Sponsored Links

IHaveStandards View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IHaveStandards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 3:37pm
I'm guessing that commercial is from the late 70s or so. I grew up in the 60s and 70s, and that era was the tail end of the family-farm era, when the majority of American families lived on or near a farm, and most families had at least one farming branch in it. It was a much simpler age when being able to milk a cow had a certain fascination for most kids.

In our jaded Grant Theft Auto IV age, it seems incredible that any company would decide to produce such a toy. But back then it made sense.
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 9:22pm
I am in my 40's and grew up near plenty of farms.  I harken back to those wonderful simple times, too.  BUT... I never had the slightest interest to yank on a cow's girlie-bits in real life.  Tongue  And if someone had given me that plastic cow I'd have told them the idea I should play with it was udderly repulsive.  Wink    I always wondered why a cow had a need for so many udders when they usually have just one baby at a time??  Maybe I need to go look that up.  Big%20smile
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 12:20am
Don't cows have multiple stomachs......the possible reason for multiple udders? Dang if I know.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Don't cows have multiple stomachs......the possible reason for multiple udders? Dang if I know.
I'm udderly confused...Confused
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 12:29am
Maybe we need to STEER this thread in another direction.  We've milked it for all it's worth.  LOL
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic