Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Christmas ads 2021 (Here we go again)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

Today's the first time this year I've seen this perennial staple of holiday drek from the Pennsylvania lottery. Ermm God I hate this ad so much... especially in recent years since they remade it for HD TV.

Just compare this to the original that I was already fed up with, which must have ran for 20 freaking years. The half-assed cinematography and acting is like worlds apart.

Brutal. I actually saw this during Jeopardy on Nov. 2!!  Still not the earliest I've seen this annual sh*tshow, Nov. 1 was the earliest a few years ago. (Annoying muppet Gus the Groundhog aired Nov 3).

This "remake" of the 12 Days Of Lottery" crap,
I can't stand new Joe, he sounds like a robot!

Maybe they reused Joe's same line over and over instead of having him say "happy holidays" multiple times. 
Sponsored Links

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 7:08pm

LOLLOLLOL.... That says it all. Lazy acting. And we're going to be stuck with it for a loooooooong time... Dead
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 2:04am
The War on Christmas cannot end until Christmas stops its illegal occupation of November. I am calling on the Klaus regime to return to the borders agreed upon in the Black Friday Agreement.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 3:15am
Originally posted by NJtoTX NJtoTX wrote:

The War on Christmas cannot end until Christmas stops its illegal occupation of November. I am calling on the Klaus regime to return to the borders agreed upon in the Black Friday Agreement.

LOLLOLLOL

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 3:29am
And WHAT the HELL is this???? I mean, nothing like waking up on Christmas morning to find that Santa got you...a new prescription???? Confused

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 2:46pm
Probably the first Christmas-themed drug ad I've ever seen.
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 3:21pm
Mr Heat Miser GIFs | Tenor
we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 3:51pm
Good grief.

A Christmas pharma commercial.

These corporate clowns will try anything to increase sales.

I understand turmeric is good for inflammation, btw. 

Put it in food or a beverage.

Tastes kinda weird, but not too bad. 

It is a spice used in food, afterall.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 4:28pm
Nobody can dispute how obnoxious these are, but at least some advertisers are TRYING to add some comedy and entertainment.
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

Nobody can dispute how obnoxious these are, but at least some advertisers are TRYING to add some comedy and entertainment.

Yeah, even when the attempts at humor are lame, I usually appreciate the fact that they tried to make me laugh.

Usualy.

Not always. 

C'mon, man!
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

Yeah, even when the attempts at humor are lame, I usually appreciate the fact that they tried to make me laugh.

Usualy.

Not always. 

its trew its trew

Blazing Saddles (1974)
we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
TV Watcher #1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV Watcher #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 11:16pm
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/qNkL/verizon-black-friday-better-iphone-13-pro-800-off-featuring-kate-mckinnon

No idea how to get the video up like you tube & ain't trying no more... but I've about had it with this dy**
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 12:20am
Originally posted by TV Watcher #1 TV Watcher #1 wrote:

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/qNkL/verizon-black-friday-better-iphone-13-pro-800-off-featuring-kate-mckinnon

No idea how to get the video up like you tube & ain't trying no more... but I've about had it with this dy**

Kate McKinnon is kinda funny, but like everyone else these days, in the end she's just another product whore, shamelessly hawking junk.

In ths case, cell phones.

C'mon, man!
Fahrenheit1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fahrenheit1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 12:25am
I'm getting really sick of this overplayed commercial for Old Navy Jingle Jammies
I hate how it wants to so badly wants to capitalize off Christmas without saying the word Christmas and there's a smug wokeness to it. 

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 12:44am
♫ It's the crap... crappiest time... of the year... Dead

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 2:22am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by TV Watcher #1 TV Watcher #1 wrote:

Kate McKinnon is kinda funny, but like everyone else these days, in the end she's just another product whore, shamelessly hawking junk.

In ths case, cell phones.

Funny, she wears so much stage make-up for various roles on SNL, I never realized before how generally UNattractive she is.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 2:30pm
Pandora

Perhaps one of the few Christmas songs I still like, the CLASSIC versions from Sinatra, Bing Crosby. Nat King Cole...even The Pretenders from the late 80s is not too bad I think.

This version is pure slop! Dead
Lot of these younger artists today have this odd singing voice, I can't stand it!

(junk)

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 12:51am

Pandora

Perhaps one of the few Christmas songs I still like, the CLASSIC versions from Sinatra, Bing Crosby. Nat King Cole...even The Pretenders from the late 80s is not too bad I think.

This version is pure slop! Dead
Lot of these younger artists today have this odd singing voice, I can't stand it!

(junk)

I like the Carpenters and James Taylor versions myself.
Gsrecaps View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gsrecaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 1:10am
I just saw an annoying Olive Garden ad that is Christmas themed.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 3:42am
CAUTION: Toyota Jen is back!   You have been warned
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 2:39am
Another so-called celebrity who thinks he can sing. Nobody asked. Don't sing. Stop it. Get out, OUT! Thumbs Down

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 2:42am
The return of Travolta Claus... and he's doing the stupid Batusi dance from "Pulp Fiction." Ermm You have been warned... 

Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 3:14am

Another so-called celebrity who thinks he can sing. Nobody asked. Don't sing. Stop it. Get out, OUT! Thumbs Down

Oh, he doesn't just think he can sing. He can really sing. He has a fine voice.

Yes(!), it's a stupid commercial, but...1) he is a celebrity, and 2) he's a musician who can sing and play (keyboards), for real. I think you're barking up the wrong tree here.
jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 3:33am
Originally posted by Thuumb Thuumb wrote:

Oh, he doesn't just think he can sing. He can really sing. He has a fine voice.

Yes(!), it's a stupid commercial, but...1) he is a celebrity, and 2) he's a musician who can sing and play (keyboards), for real. I think you're barking up the wrong tree here.

I think this is one of those cases of "one can't sing everything equally well." He definitely sounds "off" in this ad - pitch-wise as well as in terms of style. 
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 5:22am
50 days of this BS...and counting. I am totally over all of it.
F- OFF XMAS!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic