Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wayfair - Christmas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wayfair - Christmas
    Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 2:16am
Watching USA channel, basically background noise of old Law and Order episodes and a f-ing Wayfair Xmas ad airs....already.....on Oct. 17! Angry

I can't find the crap ad online, but it I assume this will air again before the night is over. I only caught this slop because I didn't skip commercials (I have my DVR rewound 1 hour so I can skip ads)

Nauseating. 

Sponsored Links

HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 7:44pm
They wont even allow for thanksgiving to get here
we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by HART HART wrote:

They wont even allow for thanksgiving to get here

They all don't, unfortunately. 
MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 2:02am
When I see Halloween and Christmas decorations at the same time in one store, during the month of September, I become annoyed!
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 3:19am
Originally posted by MustangMarj MustangMarj wrote:

When I see Halloween and Christmas decorations at the same time in one store, during the month of September, I become annoyed!

Same with me.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 8:41am

Yeah, at Walmart, we get Christmas stuff in as early as August. By October, we have to start putting this stuff where we can. The back room just isn't big enough. We put a lot in rented trailers behind the store, but with Lawn and Garden having wound down for the fall/winter, we start utilizing that space for trees and decorations. One thing a store doesn't want is empty areas and shelves. Looks too Soviet Union.

I used to be sick of Christmas by November. Now, I hate it all year round. That goes for all holidays.
They all create clusterf*cks to one degree or another. With so much holiday crap coming in from our distribution center, it's hard to maintain control over the back room.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 3:32pm
I haven't even put my witch out yet.

Oh wait, I am the witch...

Never mind!

(But seriously, I really haven't decorated for The Big H yet...)
The artist formerly known as Madawee

MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 3:38am
Earlier and earlier every year. Soon the day after Halloween will be the new "Black Friday."
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 4:59am

Wink

I would have called it going left to right like the merchandise in the picture....

Christhanksfalloween. 

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 5:09am
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

I haven't even put my witch out yet.

Oh wait, I am the witch...

Never mind! 

(But seriously, I really haven't decorated for The Big H yet...)

My living room this year.... (full screen it otherwise you can't see much)

πŸŽƒ πŸ’€πŸŽƒ πŸ’€πŸŽƒ πŸ’€πŸŽƒ  πŸ’€πŸŽƒ πŸ’€πŸŽƒ

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 8:38am

Were those twinkling lights from actual strings of lights or was it an effect you added into the video?

edit: you're right. I had to full screen it to see the lights (and the bats) were special effects.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 2:38pm
The twinkling lights at the end are "fireflies".

Or at least that is what the effect is called.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 2:59pm
Nice work, Jimbo!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 3:07pm
Thanks. 

Windows 10 has a good video editor. Thumbs Up 

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic