Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Verizon- 'iPhone13 Pro: Every Sister'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Verizon- 'iPhone13 Pro: Every Sister'
    Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 8:29am

^ Thank God I never go anywhere.

Sponsored Links

MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 3:06am
Something funny. We have Consumer Cellular and have the option to call Canada from the US. Now we are in Canada and, guess what? Our cell phones don’t work up here! Never even thought about that before leaving Florida!
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 12:06am
I was literally forced to upgrade my phone, because I had 3G, and by this time next year, 3G will be gone. I have a Motorola 4G phone now. We'll see how much longer 4G's going to be around. Ermm

And back to topic... Kate McKinnon seems to have a sister, or found someone to play her sister, who's even more annoying than she is. Confused
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 1:20pm
Of course there's always fine print, a long contract with this crap.

The "best" deal is if you have last years 12 Pro 128GB which sold for the same price of $999, trade that in for $640 towards the newer device, same GB storage. ( 13 Pro 128gb). Then get some money off for 30 months off your new unlimited Verizon plan.

You're stuck with this phone for 2 1/2 years, meanwhile the whole new (and very late) redesigned iPhone design SHOULD come next year with finally a full screen, other upgrades to cameras as usual. 

I have a very minimal Verizon plan of 29.99 a month, (3GB data per month, but even that is perhaps too much) no contact and not locked in. No expensive unlimited plan involved. Still have GB of data rolling over every month. 

It may be enticing for some, just not me.

jgf View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by MustangMarj MustangMarj wrote:

Until a few years ago, I made do with a simple flip phone (hanging my head in shame). I only used my phone to call home if I was running late so Don wouldn't worry. Now? I have an iPhone something or another that manages my life for me. I have grown!
window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

Until a few years ago I still used a plain old "hangs on the kitchen wall Ma Bell" telephone.   And would still rather have that than this alleged "smart" phone.

Progress?

Old phone - take it anywhere, plug it in, it works.  Could use same phone for years.
New phone - "will not work on this system", and whether you like it or not must be replaced every couple of years or "will no longer work".

Old phone - no worries about batteries.
New phone - batteries may last three days IF you do not use phone at all.

Old phone - to dial local number - pick up receiver, press seven buttons, done.
New phone - to dial local number - turn on, check battery condition, 14 "button" presses, done.

Old phone - update?  what update?
New phone - "smart" phone constantly nagging to update something, if that isn't installed it will nag to install it so it can be updated.

One thing in common (for me)
Old phone - stayed at home.
New phone - stays at home.

I once had a workaholic friend who complained he wished he could get away from the office occasionally.  I looked over and noted his laptop and cell phone, always nearby, "You can't get away from the office because you carry the office around with you". 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 8:31am
Originally posted by MustangMarj MustangMarj wrote:

Until a few years ago, I made do with a simple flip phone (hanging my head in shame). I only used my phone to call home if I was running late so Don wouldn't worry. Now? I have an iPhone something or another that manages my life for me. I have grown!

Same here. And now I'm addicted.

MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 1:48am
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 1:07am
Ouch

I wonder what the payment might be for a 'so called' free phone and plan and how long are you locked into a contract.  I don't need this much phone!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic