Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DirecTV - Serena Williams as Wonder Woman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DirecTV - Serena Williams as Wonder Woman
    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 7:05pm
Oh, hello... ARE WE WOKE YET? Angry Also, just the sound of the guy with the beard's effeminate voice makes me reach for the MUTE button. 

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 7:16pm
f**k AT&T!
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 4:06pm
Even John McEnroe seems to hate the idea.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 6:15am
Such a misleading ad;  Sadly, you will never see a good show like that on DirecTV...
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 2:53pm
I persist in the opinion that she has like near ZERO appeal in all her endeavours
SHE seems to feel she is quite the 'personality' and
yes, 'woke' definitely plays into this 
My fave Serena ad moment? Her giant MAN PITS exposed on the Secret 
'yo Yo YO' antipersperant ad
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 5:18pm
I thought wokes caused high cholesterol 
we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 5:24pm
So!  Wonder woman is black now?  The shot at :15 seconds.  She looks like she has a plastic face!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

So!  Wonder woman is black now?  The shot at :15 seconds.  She looks like she has a plastic face!

If Rapunzel can be black, Wonder Woman certainly can.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 8:11pm
I can't wait until all the woke white talking heads and other white TV wokies lose their jobs to blacks until there are no more white people on TV.

And I hope that afterward, they all get a good, long and loud public laughing at, too.

See how woke they are then. 
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 8:23pm

Maybe I even read it here, but I understand the new Wonder Years reboot is about a black family.

HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 8:35pm
The Wonder Years' Invites You to 'Return to Wonder' (PHOTOS)
we are the music makers
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Maybe I even read it here, but I understand the new Wonder Years reboot is about a black family.

Sounds like they took a show with an absurdly improbable premise and remade it into a show with an even more absurdly improbable premise, but now it's woke. 

Every time I stop and think about how I haven't paid one cent over the past 18 years, to watch the insufferable garbage that 99.9999% of TV is, it just makes me feel good inside. 

Smile

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by HART HART wrote:

The Wonder Years' Invites You to 'Return to Wonder' (PHOTOS)

They should start calling it The Woker Years.

C'mon, man!
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 9:14pm
Wink
we are the music makers
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 10:20pm
When they re-made the Honeymooners staring two black characters, that was the beginning of the end.
BTW, the movie bombed.
There's a sucker born every minute.
raynjuls View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raynjuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 2:54am
Right there with you... unattractive, entitled and always looks like someone crapped in her Post Toasties... cannot stand her.
When a true genius enters the world, you will know him by this sign; all the dunces will be in confederacy against him....
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 3:44am
Originally posted by Dejoh Dejoh wrote:

When they re-made the Honeymooners staring two black characters, that was the beginning of the end.
BTW, the movie bombed.

I never even knew they did that.

I thought it started when they cast Will Smith as James West in the crapification of The Wild, Wild West.

Or maybe Eddie Murphy as The Nutty Professor. 

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 8:34am

These days, I don't know if we're supposed to notice these things or not. Are we supposed to not notice a person's skin color (be color blind), or are we supposed to hone in on it?

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 2:57pm
On her 'migraine' ads, she makes me worry about that sainted 'kid' of hers
as she looks like she could strike out in random violence in some of her
'close ups of agony'..also shes in 'fashion' how? wtf
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 4:08pm

^ Probably because, even though she may not be, she at least looks like she's trannysitioning. And, as we know, that's quite fashionable these days.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

Oh, hello... ARE WE WOKE YET? Angry Also, just the sound of the guy with the beard's effeminate voice makes me reach for the MUTE button.

Where have I seen this queer guy before?  So annoying!

Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

These days, I don't know if we're supposed to notice these things or not. Are we supposed to not notice a person's skin color (be color blind), or are we supposed to hone in on it?

Yes.
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 12:57am
Came out in 2005.  A real stinker.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 3:52pm
Headric The Centertainer! Or aka
Cedric the HUMAN WASTE OF OXYGEN
I don't get either him or Steve 'Mask Face' Harvey as FUNNY
Throw Kevin James in there as well
Loud does NOT = funny
Now that i see this, Cedric essentially plays this on that totally
non-racial show of his Duh HOOD
MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Dejoh Dejoh wrote:

BTW, the movie bombed.

Oh yeah I completely forgot about that movie. That's how bad it was.

Never have watched the abortion that is Wild Wild West, and never will.

They're doing the same sh*t with Doogie Howser, only it's Doogie *37-letter-over-the-top-Hawaiian-Name-that-I-don't-feel-like-looking-up*. They're so shameless in their ripoff that they acknowledge how much of a ripoff they are in the previews for the show.

If they wanted a Wonder Woman parody, Serena Williams ain't it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic