Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Infomercials on TVLand

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Infomercials on TVLand
    Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 11:55pm
Not that *I* watch TVLand anymore, but just when I thought TVLand couldn't get any worse, they've replaced some of their less unbearable shows with

SCAMfomercials!

"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 12:19am
http://forums.tvland.com/tvln/board/message?board.id=programcomments&thread.id=16747&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Just like Cartoon Network, I just scroll on past TV Land also. Don't even bother wasting my time adding to thread after thread pleading with TV Land to add a real show.
I see our Regulus is there preaching about the power of DVDs.Wink
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 12:28am
I want to see old tv shows.

"Barney Miller"
"WKRP In Cincinnati"
"Taxi"
"Dick Van Dyke"
"Mary Tyler Moore"
"Bob Newhart"
"Make Room For Daddy"
and many more....

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 12:45am
"Cannon"
"Rockford Files"
"Cheers"
"Bob Newhart".....The one where he owned an Inn.
"Wings"
"Barnaby Jones"......Jed Clampett as a private detective.

"Hawaii 5-0"
Sooooo many classic shows I'd watch.

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 4:05am
FOX has announced that they are replacing all of their Saturday Morning Kids Shows with these Abomonations!Dead
Poiuyt Power!!!
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 5:30am
Just when I thought TV Land was starting to get smart again.   The other day I noticed they stopped using the bug as an advertising tool.   But can you believe that TV Land now shows CSI???   CS-f**king I!!!!   This now makes TV Land like the tenth channel that shows CSI now.   And they've dumped even more old programming for this new crap.   They now have a prime time that consists of 3rd Rock from the Sun and CSI.   WHY!!!

When are they showing paid programs?   I checked the guide and didn't see any listed.  Unless they're just not showing what is scheduled.

The other day I tuned in for Three's Company and was angered and disappointed to see Designing Women!!  WHY are they showing that damn show AGAIN!!
hsolo1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hsolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2008 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Just like Cartoon Network, I just scroll on past TV Land also. Don't even bother wasting my time adding to thread after thread pleading with TV Land to add a real show.
I see our Regulus is there preaching about the power of DVDs.Wink

Cartoon Network had some great programming with Justice League and Justice League Unlimited then after 3 seasons they abruptly dropped it.  They fill the space with an Anime styled Teen Titans, Krypto The Superdog (aimed at the preschool set), now they're wasting airtime with Batman: Brave and the Bold. Another thing that gets me, Live action movies- Men In Black, Jack Frost, etc. lets have some decent animated programming and please lets drop scooby doo and crapanimation.
mbaker View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008 at 8:37pm
It's only a matter of time before infomercials start flooding the cable networks. Heck, some networks show them early in the morning, but what happens when they start taking over their main schedules?
If it's got wings, i can crash it!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 2:35am
^^ I see the whole thing COLLAPSING on them! I haven't heard anyone say anything good about Television Subscription Services in YEARS. I feel, especially with the Economy faring as it has lately, that people will question why are they spending the money when there isn't anything worth watching. When that happens look out! 
Poiuyt Power!!!
shareachocolate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shareachocolate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 7:05pm
One of the things I don't understand about the FCC is that WE PAY FOR CABLE, DISH, etc. and over half of the channels we pay for are filled with INFOMERCIALS more than half the time. Who's looking out for us? Oh, wait, was I talking about a government agency actually protecting the people and not helping the networks make even more money. What was I thinking. Sorry, must have zones out for a moment.
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 8:21pm
I hate paid programming.   I'd honestly rather see the station go off the air when they have nothing to show.   Those color bars are much more entertaining than watching  a network whore itself out for money.

The worst one of these offenses is our local CBS station.   WOIO CBS 19-CLEVELAND 
Just wanted to make sure they're on the wall of shame!!   A few times last summer they actually dumped primetime CBS network to show paid programming.   That's right, instead of watching the King Of Queens, we got to see paid f**king programming at 8pm on a Wednesday night!!  

And you're right about cable channels.   We pay for that crap, why should we be subjected to hours of paid programs so the networks WE pay can make more money?   And why  do we have to have channels that show nothing but paid programs all day on cable?   There's about 10 channels in the 180s/190s on my cable that show infomercials all day.  And it's disguised in the section with "shopping" channels. Angry
mbaker View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 7:20am
Originally posted by shareachocolate shareachocolate wrote:

One of the things I don't understand about the FCC is that WE PAY FOR CABLE, DISH, etc. and over half of the channels we pay for are filled with INFOMERCIALS more than half the time. Who's looking out for us? Oh, wait, was I talking about a government agency actually protecting the people and not helping the networks make even more money. What was I thinking. Sorry, must have zones out for a moment.
Ah yes, the same wonderful FCC who thinks that 'wardrobe malfunctions' are A-Okay.
If it's got wings, i can crash it!
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2008 at 6:32am
I think all of this has to do with advertizing, in that these large companies just blindly throw money at the networks to play their ads, so the networks don't really care if you watch it or not. They make their money and that's all that's important to them. I know it seems strange that they aren't concerned with veiwership, but as long as these advertizers throw down the coin, they just don't care.
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2008 at 11:53am

Never been much of TVLand - will watch 'Hawaii Five-O', when I stumble onto it. "Book 'em, Dan!" (NEVER was "Dan-o').

Here, we've seen an actual DECREASE in infomercials - and many have gotten shorter. And, well...as has been pointed out, they will find a way to fill that time. Means we get even MORE CSI (think I've seen 'em all - twice). HOWEVER, Roadrunner now has a LOT of channels that utilize the 'Start Over' feature; doesn't matter if you're late for a show - you can start MANY from the beginning. I'm thinking the channels have probably shrunk their pre-recorded offerings (many are available 3-4 times a day) to provide this feature.

Thankfully, this feature doesn't seem to work with the Kevin Trudeau Informercials - which are STILL on. 

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2009 at 3:05am

Growing up, I used to REALLY hate when the local channels would show "The Billy Graham Crusade" on prime time, and it never failed to be in place of one of my favorite shows. Ouch

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2009 at 5:15am
^^ In my case it was my Favorate Show being pre-empted by THE PRESIDENT!Angry
Poiuyt Power!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic