Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Uber Eats- Tonight, I'll Be Eating

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uber Eats- Tonight, I'll Be Eating
    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 5:31pm
Is it just me? Why are 90% of the commercials I see so 'blackish'?  I guess I'm a minority now.  We Irish Catholic white people are dying off.

And I can't watch TV without seeing this guy...Not that there's anything wrong with that! Angry

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 5:38pm
No offense please to our members of color, d4 and Mooch.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Is it just me? Why are 90% of the commercials I see so 'blackish'?  I guess I'm a minority now.  We Irish Catholic white people are dying off.

Yeah, it's "All PC all the time" now everywhere you look.

Here are two upcoming PBS documentaries that I saw ads for on my Facebook Newsfeed this morning...

And then....

Like I said.... "All PC all the time" now everywhere you look.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 6:03pm
Thanks, Jimbo.  It just seems like some people are making babies they can't afford.  d4 and Mooch seem like very responsible people.  I don't want to lump them into that category.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 6:07pm
My problem is that it seems to pander and condescend at the same time.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

My problem is that it seems to pander and condescend at the same time.

Succinctly stated! I agree.
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 7:15pm
Even the latest Xfinity abortion! A black woman taking social advice from a black pre-teen girl to to delete a guy's number from her phone (which in and of itself is retarded), and surprise surprise, the boyfriend is white!
I'm all for equality and justice, etc., but this world is getting WAY TOO PC for me. As a white man I'm beginning to feel guilty about dating white women.
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 7:57pm

Things have gotten totally asinine. Today, I read an article blaming whites because blacks are assaulting Asians.

jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Things have gotten totally asinine. Today, I read an article blaming whites because blacks are assaulting Asians.

Well of course that makes sense because....
Wait, what?Confused

LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by jnoble jnoble wrote:

Wait, what?Confused

LOL

Yep. Here's the headline and byline:

The history of tensions — and solidarity — between Black and Asian American communities, explained

How white supremacy tried to divide Black and Asian Americans — and how communities worked to find common ground.

For some reason, I can't post the link. But it's in Vox.

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 7:43pm
i wish leslie Jones was less black and more FUNNY
she just is from the gross out class of SNL
more ugh than humor
actually sometimes K Whig treads into that territory
i also blame SNL partly for why buffoons and sarcastic skits are the
meat & potato of ads as opposed to actual IDEAS
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 10:19pm

Originally posted by jnoble jnoble wrote:

Wait, what?Confused

LOL

Yep. Here's the headline and byline:

The history of tensions — and solidarity — between Black and Asian American communities, explained

How white supremacy tried to divide Black and Asian Americans — and how communities worked to find common ground.

For some reason, I can't post the link. But it's in Vox.

Of course it's in Vox. They love all kinds of woke bullsh*t.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 3:03pm
ya know what OTHER Uber ads suck?
The Simone Biles/mega gay guy 'besties' ad
Dead
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 6:51pm
TONIGHT ILL BE EATING WITH A TRANS WOMAN OF COLOUR Wink
we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 12:36am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

Dead

Embarrassingly bad. And I'll say it here - I'm gay. And that guy (he was one of the "Queer Eye For The Straight Guy" guys) embarrasses the hell out of me. Why does it have to be "YUMMY broccolini?" Why does he have to be wearing her leotard? Haven't we gone beyond the "silly fem" portrayal of gay men yet? (Suffice to say that most of us don't act like that, but somehow Hollywood and Madison Avenue still want us to.) F**king mortifying. This is pride month, and those ads make me feel ashamed, not proud. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 8:37am

^ How would the advertisers signal virtue if they couldn't let us know what they were signalling virtue about?

While their intent might be to appear inclusive (of gays or blacks or Muslims or trannies or whatever), they only succeed in pointing out their subjects' "otherness" or specialness.

And maybe some of the blame goes to the actors themselves, who might be selling themselves that way.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by jon1 jon1 wrote:

Dead

Embarrassingly bad. And I'll say it here - I'm gay. And that guy (he was one of the "Queer Eye For The Straight Guy" guys) embarrasses the hell out of me. Why does it have to be "YUMMY broccolini?" Why does he have to be wearing her leotard? Haven't we gone beyond the "silly fem" portrayal of gay men yet? (Suffice to say that most of us don't act like that, but somehow Hollywood and Madison Avenue still want us to.) F**king mortifying. This is pride month, and those ads make me feel ashamed, not proud. 

Damn --bless u...this is EXACTLY why the 'new normal' is sucky--it actually
perpetuates a LOT of these stereotypes by making adtards SCHTICK these groups with whatever
QUAINT or biased behaviors of the past. I bash on gay 'inclusion' as a rule
mainly not due to the folks who, honestly, i couldn't care less yr personal preferences as
long as they are not PRANCED or FLOUNCED in an exaggerated way IN MY FACE as an
inclusion 'must have'...its mostly to get your $$$ the cos. are REALLY concerned about
same with rednecks--just keep it to yourself CLETUS
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 7:24pm

Dead

Totally agree with Jon1 here 

that Ad is phucking terrible 
we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 1:58pm

Dead

Some time ago I said this about this commercial--"I posted about this yesterday. It's offensive not because he (may or may not be) gay, but because they apparently wanted him to camp it up. As I said then it's like if they had a Mexican guy and told him to wear a sombrero and shake maracas on screen."
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
AnnoyedDutchman View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnoyedDutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 5:17pm
I suggest in the name of the almighty *equity" that race and gender be represented in all TV shows and adverts on the percentage of US population. ....wait! You don't like equity now?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

Dead

Some time ago I said this about this commercial--"I posted about this yesterday. It's offensive not because he (may or may not be) gay, but because they apparently wanted him to camp it up. As I said then it's like if they had a Mexican guy and told him to wear a sombrero and shake maracas on screen."
I remember this now...Really bad!  I wondered why Simone didn't do the Geico 'frisbee' ad.

Someone showed what a freak show the woman they used is!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by HART HART wrote:

TONIGHT ILL BE EATING A TRANS WOMAN OF COLOUR Wink
LOL

I fixed that for you!  Wink

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 7:09pm
Tonight I'll be eating nothing if I don't get to the grocery store and get something and that is going to have to wait until the weather decides what it's going to do.... 

Dark storm clouds to the south, flickering in the sky and low rumbling.

Not sure whether to go or not.

Guess I'll just wait it out.  Stern Smile

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Tonight I'll be eating nothing if I don't get to the grocery store and get something and that is going to have to wait until the weather decides what it's going to do.... 

Dark storm clouds to the south, flickering in the sky and low rumbling.

Not sure whether to go or not.

Guess I'll just wait it out.  Stern Smile
You better get some food mister!  It is the weekend, are you going to indulge?  I have food for tonight and tomorrow morning.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 7:37pm
I remembered I actually do have something for dinner.

I've got 3 Johnsonville smoked sausages, a small tub of mac & cheese from the grocery store deli and a package of nice, soft Greek style pita bread.

Guess I'll heat up the sausages, toast up some tater tots and have all of that together.

Use the pita bread to make sausage wraps out of. Tongue 

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic