Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Downfall of the Disney Channel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Downfall of the Disney Channel
    Posted: 23 Nov 2008 at 4:34am
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
Sponsored Links

TWCFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWCFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2008 at 7:44am
Disney is all live-action and nothing valuable. Disney will never be fixed. The Jonas Brothers f**ked it up!
Closing logos! Now that's something I can watch on TV.
SokMunkie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SokMunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2008 at 7:59pm
My son watches Playhouse Disney in the mornings, but anything after that is over is crap.  My husband was watching The Santa Clause earlier today and the commercials were for all the stupid tween shows and movies.  I did lots of rolling my eyes and groaning.
TWCFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWCFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2008 at 8:31pm
there is one show on Playhouse Disney that recaptures the vile crud of the Disney Channel. That show is called Imagination Movers and it has five men who needed money so badly. It is another "rock" thing.
SokMunkie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SokMunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 12:44am
Originally posted by TWCFan TWCFan wrote:

there is one show on Playhouse Disney that recaptures the vile crud of the Disney Channel. That show is called Imagination Movers and it has five men who needed money so badly. It is another "rock" thing.

I actually like that one.  Their songs are pretty catchy.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 2:07am
My impression was "The Wiggles 2.0". It seems like everyone and their mother is trying to get in on the kiddie music racket.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 3:07am
It's nothing 'Disney' except for the name.

I hope they release Disneyland on DVD with the Ludwig von Drake cartoons and the one's with Mickey's friends.
Asnotseenontv View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asnotseenontv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 5:22am
Damn you tweenylevels all to hell!Angry
kat621 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat621 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2008 at 3:16am
I remember the days when I used to watch Dumbo Circus, Winnie the Pooh & Mousercize with my sons when they were little.  Disney Channel really sucks now with the addition Hannah Montana & High School Musical.Cry
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2008 at 4:00am
UP next on the Disney channel an annoying rich yuppy famous teen singer you want to blow your brains out listening to,and after that more crappy teen shows,sorry no cartoons. 
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2008 at 6:35am
'Boys with Mullets', coming up next!
Skerlnik View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skerlnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2008 at 5:45pm
"Downfall" implies there was a high point.
"Oh, bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...
TWCFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWCFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 1:15am
Networks like the Disney Channel seem to be pretending they're poor! They air too little shows and have 500 airings of it per week.
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 4:46am

Networks like the Disney Channel seem to be pretending they're poor! They air too little shows and have 500 airings of it per week.

The corporate powers-that-be are greedy: They want too much $$$$ for quality programming. Angry
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
badp View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 9:49pm
Seriously I want to know who came up with some of this crap Disney has now.  High School "Musical" and the people in it can't even sing.  And has anyone seen "Brian O'Brian?"  It's like an ultra short version of Mr. Bean, but without a plot.  At least Mr. Bean made some sense.  And how about "The Wizards of Waverly Place".  It's a bad cross between Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Halloweentown, and if not for the gimmicky (and really lame CGI animation) wizard crap, the show couldn't even stand on its own.  And ooooh my goodness, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  What an insult to the original Willy Wonka movie which was fantastic.  Disney has turned into mindless drivel.
Mr.Wattles View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Wattles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 5:27am

The downfall honestly started when Hannah Montana came out. That show is the most ridiculous, stereotypical, mindless, piece of s*it programming I have ever seen. It does nothing but encourage teenage girls to act like selfish little brats. I have yet to see a realistic episode of that show. Where are the "real" problems teens go through? Ugh, let me tell you, I have trouble with being an anonymous teen "pop star" every day of the week. Does her douchebag dad even work on the show?

The Wizards show is gay as well. There's nothing wholesome, useful, educational, or entertaining about the show. It doesn't teach "life lessons" and it's not funny, and it's not even funny in the "thats so NOT funny that it is funny" kind of way either.

And what is up with *EVERY* actress on these Disney shows being singers? Even that Life With Derek bitch sings the theme song. Selena Gomez sings, Miley Cyrus sings, Demi Lovato sings, Ashley Tisdale sings, Brenda Song sings...why do they all sing? None of them have talent so they can't use that excuse.

ztigerpaw View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ztigerpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2008 at 9:28am
Just like I said on the YouTube video, they were very creative when it came to there movie line up back then. Wasn't JUST about the girls, feeling hip, and the boys weren't always clueless.

They were very fresh, open minded, until Lizzie stopped airing in, ironically, 2004 which, according to Wikipedia, half the shows now are REALLY spin-offs of Lizzie Mcguire, Including Hanna Montana. Which is scary.
Stay frosty, Z
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2008 at 9:39am
I remember when the Disney channel used to be a premium channel like HBO in the 90s.   It was actually worth it back then.   Now, I wish it was a pay channel just to get it off my TV and so those of us who despise "new Disney" can NOT have to pay for that crap.   But no, Time Warner Cable made Disney Channel number 101, the first channel in the lineup.   So there it is, up front for all to see!! Angry

badp View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2008 at 6:03pm
Apparently Disney is trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator.  They are trying to compete with Nick, which -- if you can believe it -- is actually worse than Disney.  Horrible, horrible acting, idiotic plot lines, and the unfunniest humor you could imagine.
WhiskeyMan2112 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiskeyMan2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2008 at 1:44am
Downfall indeed. Back in the mid 80's Disney Channel was a pay channel w/o any commercials. you needed to pay extra for it and they put a filter/ quarter sized round 3 inch long cylinder on the back of the cable converter box.  90% cartoons a lot classic ones, I even taped the Beatles Hard Days Night, Help! and Magical Mystery Tour movies on DC w/o any commercials on a new years eve night.....remember DTV?
We'll be right back after these words from our sponsor.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2008 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by WhiskeyMan2112 WhiskeyMan2112 wrote:

Downfall indeed. Back in the mid 80's Disney Channel was a pay channel w/o any commercials.

I Remember those days. When my Cable System got it I felt like a kid again! All the Classic TV shows they used to show on Sunday Night, and I didn't have to worry about the Football Game running long and cutting it off!Angry 20 years later and those Classic Shows are nowhere to be found, just a lot of Hanna Montana and that High School Musical Garbage.Cry
Poiuyt Power!!!
The Mad Gasser View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Mad Gasser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2009 at 2:55am

Disney is all live-action and nothing valuable. Disney will never be fixed. The Jonas Brothers f**ked it up!

Actually it was Micheal Eisner.
He effed up Dizknee just like Rick Berman effed up Star Trek.
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2009 at 8:46pm
Shows on Disney Channel that I actually like now:

Phineas and Ferb. All the bits with Perry the Platypus and the evil guy are really funny.

Wizards of Waverly Place. It's not as vapid as Hannah Montana, and David DeLuise (any relation to Dom?) is pretty funny in it as the dad.

That's So Raven (reruns). Raven is a really good comedic actress. It's a shame this show fell apart toward the end...
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2009 at 11:02pm
Dinsey  I MEAN Disney is dead to me. 
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
WhiskeyMan2112 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiskeyMan2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2009 at 3:18am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Dinsey  I MEAN Disney is dead to me. 

Oh HELL NO!! I hate Dinsey even more so!!! How dare you bring up them!!!

*skips off to hide behind the staircase.........I yell....BOOK 'EM DANNO!
We'll be right back after these words from our sponsor.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic