Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

aka ron is back.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: aka ron is back.
    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 3:16am
Just got a pm from him.

I'll let him tell you why he was out if he wants to.

But it sounds like he's OK. Clap
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 4:54am

What Is AFib?

Atrial fibrillation is a condition that disrupts your heartbeat. A glitch in the heart’s electrical system makes its upper chambers (the atria) beat so fast they quiver, or fibrillate. This causes the lower chambers (the ventricles) to beat out of sync.

AFib can be dangerous because it raises your risk of stroke and heart failure.

Illustration Of Heart Activity
1 / 23

Not a Normal Heart Rhythm or Rate

Usually the atria and ventricles work together so the heart pumps blood in steady rhythm. But in AFib, they don't. The irregular beats can cause a fast, fluttering heart rate -- 100-175 beats per minute -- instead of the normal 60-100 beats per minute.

Woman Checking Heart Rate
1 / 23

Warning Signs

For many people, AFib doesn't cause obvious symptoms. But when there are, they'll often include:

• An uneven pulse 
  • A racing or pounding heart 
  • A feeling that your heart is fluttering 
  • Chest pain
  • Feeling short of breath
  • Lightheaded or dizziness

Dizziness From Erratic Heartbeat
1 / 23

Effects

When your heart is in AFib, your blood doesn't move well throughout your body. You may feel:

• Dizzy or faint
  • Breathless
  • Weak and fatigued

Man Having Chest Pain
1 / 23

When It's an Emergency

AFib isn't always a cause for alarm. But you should call 911 if you have:

• Severe chest pain
  • Uneven pulse and feel faint
  • Signs of a stroke, such as numbness or slurred speech

And let your doctor know whenever something doesn't feel right.

Illustration Of Blood Clot
1 / 23

Greater Risk of Stroke

When your heart isn't pumping like it should, the slow-moving blood can pool inside, which makes it easier for clots to form. If that happens, and a clot travels through the bloodstream to your brain and gets stuck, you could have a stroke. People with AFib are five times more likely to have one.

blood pressure cuff
1 / 23

What Causes It?

The most common triggers are conditions that strain your heart, including:

• High blood pressure
  • Coronary artery disease and heart attacks
  • Heart failure
  • Problems with heart valves

Sometimes, AFib may be set off by thyroid disorders or serious infections like pneumonia.

Senior Man Driving Car
1 / 23

Who Gets AFib?

Your chances of having the condition are higher if:

• You are male and white.
  • You are over 60.
  • A close family member had or has it.

Atrial Fibrillation Risk Factors
1 / 23

Triggers You Can Control

It's also been linked to things you can do something about:

• Being overweight or obese
  • Drinking too much alcohol
  • Smoking
  • Using stimulants, including some illegal drugs
  • Taking certain prescription drugs, such as albuterol
Heart Surgery In Progress
1 / 23

After Heart Surgery

A coronary artery bypass or other type of heart surgery can trigger AFib. If it happens, you're more likely to have other complications, too. Fortunately, this type of AFib usually doesn't last long.

Doctor Checking Mans Heart Rate
1 / 23

Lone AFib

When it happens without an obvious trigger, it's called lone AFib. This is more common in people younger than 65.

You'll need treatment if a rapid heartbeat causes troubling symptoms. Doctors may also recommend treating it to lower the chances of stroke for people already at risk.

man getting ekg
1 / 23

Diagnosed With ECG

The way to confirm AFib is with an electrocardiogram (EKG). The machine detects and records the electrical activity of your heart, so your doctor can see problems with its rhythm. You can do it in the doctor's office, or you may need to wear a device that keeps track of your heart's activity for a longer time to catch an episode. The device can be  worn from 24 hours to 2 weeks, and sometimes longer.

Doctor Performing Echocardiograph
1 / 23

Other Tests

If an EKG shows AFib, your doctor may want to learn more about your heart. An echocardiogram or ultrasound can show valve damage or signs of heart failure. A stress test can reveal how well your heart does when it's working hard.

Your doctor may also want tests to look for conditions that could have triggered your AFib.

Man Taking A Break From Running
1 / 23

How Long It Lasts

When you first develop AFib, it may come and go. Your irregular heart rhythm may last anywhere from a few seconds to a few weeks. If a thyroid problem, pneumonia, or other treatable illness is behind it, AFib usually goes away once that cause is better.

But for some people, their heart rhythm doesn't return to normal.

Doctor Holding Defibrillator Paddles
1 / 23

Cardioversion

Your doctor may try to restore a normal heart rhythm with electric shock or medication. But if you've been having AFib for more than 48 hours, the procedure could increase your chance of a stroke. You may need to take a medicine called a blood thinner for several weeks before your doctor tries cardioversion, as well as afterward.

Heart Medication
1 / 23

Medication

If your symptoms are mild, or if AFib comes back after cardioversion, you may be able to control it with medicine. Rhythm-control drugs help keep the pattern of your heartbeat steady. Rate-control medications keep your heart from beating too fast.

Daily aspirin or drugs called anticoagulants or blood thinners can help prevent clots and lower some people's chances of having a stroke.

Surgeon Inserting Tube Into Heart
1 / 23

Ablation

A doctor feeds a small probe through a blood vessel to your heart and uses radiofrequency energy, a laser, or intense cold to zap the tissue that sends out the bad signals. Although you won't need open heart surgery, the procedure has some risks. It's only for people who have serious symptoms that cardioversion and medications haven't helped.

Surgeons Operating On Heart
1 / 23

Surgery

In the maze procedure, the doctor makes a pattern of small cuts on your heart to create scar tissue. These scars can't pass electrical signals, so they stop AFib. Usually you'd have this done during open heart surgery, but some medical centers can do it with smaller openings that cause less stress on your body.

Pacemaker And Chest Xray
1 / 23

Pacemaker

A small, battery-powered device can send out electrical signals to control your heart rate. It can help people whose hearts beat very slowly. And it can relieve symptoms like fatigue and breathlessness. You may need one after ablation, depending where the tissue was.

Getting a pacemaker put in your chest is considered minor surgery, and it usually takes about an hour.

Active Senior Citizen
1 / 23

Living With AFib

Many people find that AFib has no impact on their daily lives. But some have to manage troubling symptoms like weakness, shortness of breath, or fainting.

Salmon And Quinoa
1 / 23

Prevention

The same healthy habits that protect against heart disease will protect you against AFib:

• Eat a nutritious diet that includes fish.
  • Exercise regularly.
  • Control your blood pressure.
  • Don't smoke, and avoid secondhand smoke.
  • Decrease or avoid alcohol.

senior woman on phone
1 / 23

Check Your Pulse Monthly

AFib can lead to a stroke or another serious problem before it causes symptoms you'll notice. To catch an irregular heartbeat early, the National Stroke Association recommends you check your pulse once a month -- especially if you're over 40 or have other risk factors for stroke. If your rhythm seems unsteady or you have any concerns, call your doctor.

Up Next

Next Slideshow Title

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 4:57am
Damn! Didn't realize he went missing.. ok so I don't post that often anymore. But hell boy, where ya been???
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 5:55am
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

Damn! Didn't realize he went missing.. ok so I don't post that often anymore. But hell boy, where ya been???

"I've been here, lurking for you......"

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 11:00am

aka, sounds like maybe you need to block all those stress-inducing phone calls.

Welcome back.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 5:52pm
I never thought I would be a slave to the drug trade!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I never thought I would be a slave to the drug trade!

Just remember to keep taking them.

I'm on Lisinopril and Metformin.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 11:50pm

Oh, God. Is this going to be the thread where we all discuss our old-people medications?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Oh, God. Is this going to be the thread where we all discuss our old-people medications?

I don't know.

But it's YOUR TURN, so...... 

C'mon, man!
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 12:54am
Glad your back.  Sounds like all the stress in your life finally caught up with you.  Hope one of those medications is a "chill pill"!  It's time to relax and go with the flow.  Hug
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 12:55am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I don't know.

Kyleena and Fanapt.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 1:00am

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I don't know.

Kyleena and Fanapt.

"Far out!!!! I hear that's good stuff, man..."

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 5:11am
I expect we'll soon hear of his exploits trying to pick up nurses... 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

I expect we'll soon hear of his exploits trying to pick up nurses... 
LOL

How old are you Mr T?  Spent any time in a hospital recently?  I was not allowed out of my bed without a spotter.  A tube in my penis! And the frequent question...Do you need help wiping?   Please!  As I approach my final days on this earth.  Allow me the dignity of wiping my own ass!

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 4:37pm
Welcome back aka ron. Take care of yourself!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 12:07pm
Jesus!!  I've been wanting to add air to my right front tire.  My legs are feeling stronger.  WRONG!!

It's easy to get down to my knees. I go to trying to stand up and...I'm stuck!  I can't stand up!   I have to crawl around to the other side of the truck and yell for help.

I left the hospital before the doctors were willing to release me.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 1:47pm
I didn't want to park my truck at the hospital.  Running around to impound lots is not something I was prepared for.  I didn't know how long they would keep me.

I was at the first hospital only about 20 minutes before they could tell me what was going on.  They admit me and put me in their ICU.   Brighter minds than mine are working in the background.  The next thing I hear is that they want to put me on the helicoptor and send me to Milwaukee.  A better equipped Cardio/Pulminary dept.  Very sexy female pilot, dark hair.  She workd in both Hawawii and Alaska.

Here I am now bored out of my mind, 90 plus miles from my truck.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 1:55pm
Are you BACK in the hospital again?????

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 2:04pm
I'm at home.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 2:17pm

I'm at home.

Oh, so your TRUCK is still at the hospital....?

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 2:27pm
My truck never left my property.  I had to take a cab from Milwaukee back home.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 3:24pm

My truck never left my property.  I had to take a cab from Milwaukee back home.

OK.

Fine

So then... 

WHY ARE YOU 90 PLUS MILES FROM YOUR TRUCK, DAMMIT???? 

LOL

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 3:28pm
LOL

I'm just going back and looking at my epic journey through the health care world.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 3:53pm

LOL

I'm just going back and looking at my epic journey through the health care world.

Must've been the part where you said "Here I am now...." that got me confused. Wacko

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 3:53pm

What the f*ck's going on? You're going into an ICU??!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic