Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is Ellen's show finished?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Ellen's show finished?
    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 1:22am
What are your thoughts on the whole Ellen controversy?

I actually like her show and she seems nice on camera, but it seems like quite a few TV personalities, including Ellen, are a lot meaner when the cameras are off. It looks like show may be coming to an end as she's getting tired of the controversy, but Warner Bros. says the show isn't going away at all. It will be interesting for sure.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 2:15am
So, what's the "controversy" this time?

Seems like everything is a controversy these days.

America had become a total drama queen nation.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 2:41am
A number of things, including that she's very mean behind the scenes, not paying her employess during the pandemic, and producers of the show that have made bad comments.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 2:49am
What would be nice is if she and Kelly Clarkson both got canned and not replaced with some other daytime henfest that would be just as bad or worse.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 7:00am
Freaking lesbian hypocrite!

BuzzFeed Reporter On 'Ellen Show' Allegations Of Sexual Misconduct, Harassment

Another week, another revelation involving accusations against a major media outfit - in this case, "The Ellen DeGeneres Show." The daytime talk show is under investigation by its parent company, WarnerMedia, after allegations first published in BuzzFeed News. "The DeGeneres Show" is a feel-good hour each day. These accusations are not, comprising claims of racism, intimidation and multiple allegations that senior executives groped and sexually harassed junior colleagues.

Ellen DeGeneres has apologized, saying she'll take a more active role in running the show. BuzzFeed News, which first broke the story, spoke to 36 former employees. We invited the reporter who did so to join us. Here's BuzzFeed News's Krystie Lee Yandoli to tell us more. Krystie Lee Yandoli, welcome.

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/02/898388267/buzzfeed-reporter-on-ellen-show-allegations-of-sexual-misconduct-harassment

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 8:54am

As the doorman of a very small (legal capacity, 49) comedy club (The Other Cafe) in San Francisco from 1980-85, I was well-acquainted with Degeneres. While I liked her on-stage persona, I didn't like her off-stage personality. Even as a lowly open-miker (no pay, shared the evening with 15-20 other fledgling comedians) she never even said hello to me. She'd come in from the lesbian bar (Maude's) down the street, accompanied by a bunch of her girlfriends, and brush right past me. She never said hello, never even asked if her friends could come in free.

Anyway, not a particularly nice person. Neither did she ever socialize with the other comedians/regulars, which included the likes of Robin Williams, Paula Poundstone, Bobcat Goldthwaite, Tom Kenney (voice of Spongebob) and many others. She'd just hang with her lesbian friends. When her 5 or 10 minute routine was done, she'd just leave.

She was just kind of a bitch. Not actually nasty, just not particularly nice. No one really liked her. The whole "nice" thing was pretty much just her schtick.

Oh, and when she "came out" in the 90s, that was bullsh*t. She was always "out". That was just a publicity stunt.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 6:44pm
That's the one mean story that's been all over the news, not saying hello to one of her fellow employees. Interesting story, Thor.
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 12:20am
Unfortunately I've grown cynical to these sorts of stories.  Prepare for her big "comeback" in a few years.  Sigh.  I thought her show was lame.
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 2:38am
This is nothing new. I've heard the rumors and stories going back years that she could be a very mean nasty bitch behind the scenes to her staffers and fans. There's a difference between being caught having a bad day which happens to everyone especially the famous and what seems in this case, being two faced because I read dozens and dozens of first hand accounts of her being awful or rude to somebody. Seems to me that she grew tired of her show and putting on a happy face and dancing with the house wives in the audience who she would never in a million years associate with off camera. 

That being said, I don't wish her show to be cancelled over it. Why should it be?
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 2:42am
Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

Unfortunately I've grown cynical to these sorts of stories.  Prepare for her big "comeback" in a few years.  Sigh.  I thought her show was lame.

Me too but it wasn't aimed at people like me or maybe you. It was easy fluff for stay at home mothers and retirees. Her dry jokes never made me laugh. 
But oddly enough my personal favorite comedian David Spade is on her show frequently and seemed to always get along with her. Jay Leno stuck up for her today too. Comedians tend to protect each other in these situations which I respect. 
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 3:42am
Originally posted by jnoble jnoble wrote:

This is nothing new. I've heard the rumors and stories going back years that she could be a very mean nasty bitch behind the scenes to her staffers and fans. There's a difference between being caught having a bad day which happens to everyone especially the famous and what seems in this case, being two faced because I read dozens and dozens of first hand accounts of her being awful or rude to somebody. Seems to me that she grew tired of her show and putting on a happy face and dancing with the house wives in the audience who she would never in a million years associate with off camera. 

That being said, I don't wish her show to be cancelled over it. Why should it be?

If it's still popular in the ratings, why cancel?
sunbreak777 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunbreak777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 9:24pm
I say good riddance. Her and her show never appealed to me. 
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 5:59pm
It was announced today her upcoming 19th season will be her last.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 8:27pm

Oh, poor dear! What's she goona do? How's she gonna eat and pay the rent? Poor baby.

Oh, never mind. I see she's worth $370-500 million.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 2:18am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Oh, poor dear! What's she goona do? How's she gonna eat and pay the rent? Poor baby.

Oh, never mind. I see she's worth $370-500 million.

She could easily retire with that amount of money.
MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 2:26am
With all the negative feedback these past few months, I'm not surprised Ellen will be no more as of 2022!   I am surprised her show will still be produced for the remainder of this year! Like, Ellen, no-one likes you anymore!
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 2:27am
Originally posted by MustangMarj MustangMarj wrote:

With all the negative feedback these past few months, I'm not surprised Ellen will be no more as of 2022!   I am surprised her show will still be produced for the remainder of this year! Like, Ellen, no-one likes you anymore!

She said she would have quit already due to the controversy if not for her contract expiring in 2022.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 2:39am
I will be honest here - I enjoyed watching Ellen, maybe 15 years ago. Tuned in a couple of times the last few years, but felt a different vibe from her and I really didn't enjoy the new games for contestants - seemed kind of mean to me! I believe Ellen is over.
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
Pazuzu413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazuzu413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 3:16am
I'm just happy her phoney, unfunny ass will be gone.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 4:00am

Maybe she'll open up a "carpet cleaning" business.....  Tongue Tongue Tongue 

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 5:55am
Probably going to be replaced by a much-cheaper-to-produce woke TikTok clip show...

https://www.insider.com/ellen-degeneres-show-canceled-ending-season-19-backlash-2021-5?utm_source=notification&utm_medium=referral
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 10:24pm

Who'll be the next lesbian daytime talk show host that will eventually come to be hated by all?

Remember Rosie O'Donnell?

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 10:57pm
I hope Wendy Williams is the next show to be axed! She is a horrible person!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:13pm

Who'll be the next lesbian daytime talk show host that will eventually come to be hated by all?

Remember Rosie O'Donnell?

Rumor is that they're in talks with this.... "gal".....

Betty "Butch" VonDyke.

Shown here in an earlier romantic rendezvous with Ellen herself. 

C'mon, man!
MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 7:42am
The only additional thing Butch needs is writing "Mom" in that heart tattoo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic