Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peloton- Our Kind of Joy (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 3:22am
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 6:43am
LOL

That's great!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Dunestrider Dunestrider wrote:

Shut up, "Jimbo", no one gives a rat's ass about what you have to say.

Cry

LOL LOL LOL

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 5:18pm
I'm not sure what pissed off Dunestrider! He seemed like a decent guy!

A)  A big Jerry Mathers fan?
B)  Does not like people making fun of fat people?

I didn't see anything that was targeting Dunestrider or his opinions.

The moral of the story...Jimbo can piss people off without even trying to! Wink

Don't ever change, we all have our own way to roll!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I'm not sure what pissed off Dunestrider! He seemed like a decent guy!

A)  A big Jerry Mathers fan?
B)  Does not like people making fun of fat people?

I didn't see anything that was targeting Dunestrider or his opinions.

The moral of the story...Jimbo can piss people off without even trying to! Wink

Don't ever change, we all have our own way to roll!

I think maybe he's in love with me.

Or maybe he's friends with that "cornhole" guy, or whatever his name was. 

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 7:02pm
I don't see the fat-shaming angle. I see a narcissistic, Instagraming Influencer or whatever those idiots call themselves, if you don't have a Peloton you're not worthy message.  
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Zach6848 Zach6848 wrote:

These are legitimately some of the most insufferable god damn commercials I've ever seen. A stationary bike is a f**king stationary bike. You could find a serviceable stationary bike at pretty much any thrift store, garage/yard sale or swap meet and most likely for dirt cheap. People are ALWAYS trying to get rid of these things once the New Year's resolution wears off and they decide they like cheeseburgers more than being able to see their toes. You could mount a small TV or a cheap monitor to one very f**king easily. Or just place your stationary bike in an orientation so that it faces your already purchased, currently existing television. Better yet, you could buy a real god damned bicycle and go ride that.

There's something so smarmy, narcissistic and preachy about these god damned commercials. Especially the one with the woman taking 'video logs' daily of her god damned Peloton adventures. Not a god damned soul cares. I can guarantee wholeheartedly with absolute certainty that nobody outside of your immediate family gives a single iota of a f**k about you riding a god damn stationary bike every day. Your immediate family [including your clueless nitwit husband] only put up with it because they don't want to hurt your feelings, in particular, said clueless nitwit husband puts up with it because he dropped 1000+ on the damned thing and he wants to continue getting laid. He probably thinks it's stupid too but he has more money than sense.

Not only that, but the whole: "I can't believe how much this changed my life!" bullsh*t at the end. You look exactly the same as when you started. You were already in pretty good shape. This stationary bike didn't change jack sh*t other than you became a sanctimonious insufferable moron in the interval.

Also, who the f**k needs a trainer or instructor to ride a f**king stationary bike? Have you considered *going outside* perhaps? Maybe purchasing a real god damned bicycle which will also be a mode of transportation and might be useful behind inflating your already gargantuan ego? You're paying upwards of $2000 for the bike and 50-70 bucks a month as a 'subscription' so you can peddle a fake bike and compete with other gormless thalidomide morons doing the same bullsh*t?

Two thousand dollars can get you a god damned CADILLAC of a touring bike. And eventually these Instagram idiots will get bored of it and move on to something else, then that two thousand dollar 'investment' becomes an obstruction or perhaps a coat/hat rack if it's lucky. More than likely after a month it'll get shoved into a side room, basement or garage and have a bunch of other sh*t lumped around it whilst it gathers dust.

Western culture is just beautiful. Get a real bike and go outside and ditch social media. The entire world does not need to be appraised via Internet of how far you rode on a fake bicycle every day, they don't give a sh*t and neither does anyone else.

I had a comment to make, but I can never top this. 
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 4:18am
Weather OK I walk or ride my bike. I have never owned a stationary bike. Now it's December. 38F and raining. I drug my Nordic Track out today. I think it was about $150 in 1995.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 12:45am
Just for kicks, wait until say, mid January through late february and scan ebay, craigslist, let go, and all those other places for suckers trying to sell these monstrosities and expecting to get more than $200 for a purchase that cost them in excess of $2200!
Want to really rub their noses in their stupidity? make an offer of like $10!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 12:49am
Originally posted by NJtoTX NJtoTX wrote:

https://twitter.com/evaandheriud/status/1201610153549848580

LOVE the one with the guy!! (Peter?)
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 5:41pm
I'm so sick of these f*cking commercials!  They've pulled back from the skinny, rich chick and her selfie videos.  People were calling it sexist. I don't know about that.  Now! It's nothing but the black dude yelling at the loyal sheeples (with the greatest artist ever- Kanye West) music? In the background.

I posted on their facebook page, it was removed within minutes.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 12:45am

I'm so sick of these f*cking commercials!  They've pulled back from the skinny, rich chick and her selfie videos.  People were calling it sexist. I don't know about that.  Now! It's nothing but the black dude yelling at the loyal sheeples (with the greatest artist ever- Kanye West) music? In the background.

I posted on their facebook page, it was removed within minutes.

I'm offended with this commercial...not because it's sexist (I didn't see that)...but the commercial just eats!

Like how "Custer's Revenge" on Atari offended many people...not just Native Americans and Women...but gamers who played the game hated this...and both parents and The Religious Right got offended because the game is X-Rated.

But I'd prefer a Mellotron over a Pelotron...then I can play these gems...

Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 1:40am

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 5:37pm
LOLLOLLOL

I'm offering an 'aftermarket upgrade' for all of those insatiable ladies out there.  At the risk of making female members feel uncomfortable or getting my skinny, white ass suspended, I won't go into any graphic details! Tongue

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 5:59pm
I had to look through the whole thread to make sure I didn't post this yet.

Thank God the 'Our Kind of Joy' commercial is gone till next year.  Kanye can just go suck balls!

The rich, emaciated woman can just go ahead screw the pool boy!

NOW!  Why is there always some black guy yelling or singing in these commercials?

Wasn't it some football prognosticator who was fired for calling 'blacks' better athletes?

I hate Peloton with a passion!

caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 7:33pm
I also hate Peloton...and Tonal and Mirror and any exercise commercial that shows rich, skinny people who don't need any of these very expensive exercise systems.  What's wrong with Planet Fitness for $10.00 a month?  They can get in their very expensive sports cars and drive there just as easy as I can and have access to all the machines and weights they want.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by caroln242 caroln242 wrote:

I also hate Peloton...and Tonal and Mirror and any exercise commercial that shows rich, skinny people who don't need any of these very expensive exercise systems.  What's wrong with Planet Fitness for $10.00 a month?  They can get in their very expensive sports cars and drive there just as easy as I can and have access to all the machines and weights they want.

Or better yet, a real bicycle or decent pair of walking/running sneakers and the streets of your neighborhood.

All this high tech gizmo crap is meant appeal to the same people who waste tons of money on the latest smartphone and also the attendant gizmo accessories that go with it.

C'mon, man!
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 1:17pm

When I hear the falsetto voice at the beginning, I think it's the Geico pinocchio ad. 
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 1:01am

I had to look through the whole thread to make sure I didn't post this yet.

Thank God the 'Our Kind of Joy' commercial is gone till next year.  Kanye can just go suck balls!

The rich, emaciated woman can just go ahead screw the pool boy!

NOW!  Why is there always some black guy yelling or singing in these commercials?

Wasn't it some football prognosticator who was fired for calling 'blacks' better athletes?

I hate Peloton with a passion!

I HATE AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry this asshole! It's literally an insta-mute every single time I see that camera panning up the stairwell. And when he goes into that falsetto....I'd love to just bash his face with a hammer. I know we have other races who do stupid things too...but this is why blacks are generally criticized for their race. This guy fits in the same category as the blacks who get arrested on Cops and the entire time they're "What'd I do maaan? Come on mannnn! I'm innocent bruh!" Dead
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 4:55pm

Thumbs Up

I'll probably give this commercial its own thread, I want to thank Planet Fitness for making fun of the idiot Peloton riders!

caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 8:32pm

Thumbs Up

I'll probably give this commercial its own thread, I want to thank Planet Fitness for making fun of the idiot Peloton riders!

Probably a good idea...there are SO MANY Peloton (and Nordic Track, etc.) haters out there!  We need a special platform for all of them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic