Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No More Political Ads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Compactor James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No More Political Ads
    Posted: 06 Nov 2008 at 11:53pm
No More Political Ads
Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 12:04am
We had a local radio personality, that on the day after election day, would play the ads again. 

However, as soon as they started, he would "blow them up" with sound effects.  It was priceless!
Jack View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Fomerly Takeikin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 2:19am
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 2:25am
Originally posted by Compactor James Compactor James wrote:

I am beginning to see and hear more Christmas and holiday themed TV and radio commercials.

As I mentioned in a previous thread:

HugWELCOME BACKHug
  CHRISTMAS ADS!!!
Poiuyt Power!!!
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 2:35am
I am positively giddy !
FootballFreak View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FootballFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 3:30am
thank god!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 5:28am
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 6:08am
We didn't really get any Presidential campaign ads in California.  We did, however, get a barrage of state and local campaign ads.  One of the state Props had to do with the treatment of animals.  I had to grab my remote anytime a commercial supporting the Proposition, came on.  Otherwise, I'd have to see this:

Of course, I voted for the Prop.  I'm glad it passed. 

sharonite View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 5:22pm
YES IT IS--especially John McCain's dark, grainy, menacing attack ads on Obama and "congressional liberals."  I called them the "Scary Negro" ads.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

I am beginning to see and hear more Christmas and holiday themed TV and radio commercials.

HugWELCOME BACKHug
  CHRISTMAS ADS!!!

I just saw the first of thousands "every kiss begins with Kay" commercials.Dead By the end of this month, I'll be wishing political ads were back on.Wink 
ToxicShock View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToxicShock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2008 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

<P style="MARGIN: 5pt 0.75pt"><SPAN lang=EN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; mso-ansi-: EN"> I am beginning to see and hear more Christmas and holiday themed TV and radio commercials. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:P></O:P></SPAN>

<FONT size=7>HugWELCOME BACKHug

<FONT size=7>  CHRISTMAS ADS!!!

I just saw the first of thousands "every kiss begins with Kay" commercials.Dead By the end of this month, I'll be wishing political ads were back on.Wink 

I agree! I wish for every Kay commercial they have, they would put on a political one to replace it. Maybe opposing opinions on love and marriage? Could be interesting.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic