Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Golden Corral- Real New Yorker (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Golden Corral- Real New Yorker (video)
    Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 4:21pm
I just want to smack this kid!

And, what kind of meat is this? It sure is kinda pink!

Golden Corral Carved NY Strip + Butterfly Shrimp TV Spot, Real New Yorker - Screenshot 3

Sponsored Links

drjimmy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I just want to smack this kid!

Golden Corral Carved NY Strip + Butterfly Shrimp TV Spot, Real New Yorker - Screenshot 3

You stole my thunder !   The whole table is too happy about eating at golden corral with no thoughts about the rising cholesterol issue -  but right now my issue is  -  Look at the little brats mouth when he does the "Hey I'm eating here"  line -  He's not even saying the words - I don't even think he even attempts to mouth the words !  But they all giggle and fade out.    What's THAT all about ??  Director / Editor let that go through ??  ShockedAngry
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 7:53pm
I'm glad you posted this. I logged on just to say how much I hate this commercial. 
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 8:29pm
That is NOT New York strip. A hunk of Chuck, maybe, but that pink, fatty slab isn't a strip steak.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 10:01pm
...and I don't recall having any butterfly shrimp in New York. Oh yea - the pink meat? Sort of looks like a slice of thick baloney or processed & pressed ham. And ANYONE thrilled about eating at Golden Crappal? Really?
Chuck E Cheese has games, at least. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 10:35pm
Somewhere, Peter luger, Smith and wolensky, Mr. Sparks, Ruth's Chris and others are collectively weeping.

jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 1:43am
On the occasion I go to a Golden Corral, the people eating there are mostly of the 300+ pound variety and look nothing at all like the white bread smiley well dressed actors in that commercial LOL
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 3:12pm
@Jimmy- Maybe they're supposed to be telepathic.
I agree, slapping the grin off this kid would put grin on my face
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 2:04pm
As already mentioned, I personally wanna slap this kid.

For once, I actually see a true rating on iSpot. 8.3% "like" this. LOL LOT of ads on iSpot that we have all posted - that are total junk and I'll see 85-95% "liked." I just wonder who these smacked braindead a**es are.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 8:24pm
OMG! It's "Young Sheldon's inbred cousin!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

As already mentioned, I personally wanna slap this kid.

For once, I actually see a true rating on iSpot. 8.3% "like" this. LOL LOT of ads on iSpot that we have all posted - that are total junk and I'll see 85-95% "liked." I just wonder who these smacked braindead a**es are.

Probably relatives of the ass hat actors, writers and directors in these ridiculous commercials..

verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 5:21pm
I've seen this commercial about 97 times since 9:00 this morning.  The kid is annoying, but what bothers me the most is Mom trying to snag fries off the kids plateAngry  (notice she has the "healthier" baked potato side)
drjimmy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 5:24am
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

@Jimmy- Maybe they're supposed to be telepathic.
I agree, slapping the grin off this kid would put grin on my face

@captainernie LOL - but what 10  year old in this world EVER heard the line from "midnight cowboy" Hey I'm walkin' here even once to remember it and make it into a joke about "eatin' here" -  the cuteness is another reason this commercial sucks !

That being said,  my wife and I think Golden Corral has great omelettes on Sunday,  if you ever stop in on Sunday mornings.   I recall on vacation out of state ( I don't think we have any GC's in NJ )  we had breakfast and you could stand on line and have the chef make the omelette with the amount of add ins that you wanted.  Sentimental reasons to like a place with fatty crud, but.....Embarrassed
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 6:30am

Looks more purple to me...

"Don't eat the Soylent Purple!  It's made of what comes out of ...people!"

drjimmy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 6:34am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Looks more purple to me...

"Don't eat the Soylent Purple!  It's made of what comes out of ...people!"

And why do they already have cookies on the table,  and why don't people eat the da#n salad !  Always bugged me to see a meal go untouched in tv shows.   ( Dad sits down for breakfast, and takes a sip and runs out the door leaving big plate of scrambled eggs, bacon, toast behind - wifes tosses in garbage...)  Wasting good food is something that always bugged me  on TV...( it is real life, right?? Tongue )
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 1:58am
@drjimmy- we USED to have one here in southeastern CT, but it closed about five or ten years ago. From what I understand, the majority of their business was from the nearby sub base in Groton and the nearby "ghettos". I guess when you're used to Navy food, GC seems like Tavern on the Green. (Sorry sailors). I heard too many stories of food poisoning to even try it
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 2:12am
I guess I should toss in the Missus had a soft-spot for GC...only because they made Red Velvet cake correctly. I have only eaten at one 2-3 times in the last 20 or so years, always after a family death event and GC always wanted to 'keep it in the family' (they wish to help me kill myself - I'll over-eat their salad, mac & cheese, and meats), but I never really liked it.
There is one near here and it is in a NICER part of town - it is always packed (but still bad).
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
133 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 7:12pm
Just another instance showing how annoying the New York accent is.
Brandon

my weight only stirs the ground
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by 133 133 wrote:

Just another instance showing how annoying the New York accent is.

That's a fake over the top bullsh*t new York accent. Love, a real new yorker

catt_al View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catt_al Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 3:01am
New Yorker here - don't know anyone who has ever been in a Golden Corral, has ever considered going into a Golden Corral, or would choose Golden Corral over starving to death.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic