Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blu...Juul

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unwanted1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blu...Juul
    Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:34pm
the perfect puff, for all you butt suckers, was  Magic Dragon.
Sponsored Links

unwanted1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unwanted1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 3:48am
for those who suck and blow, your habit is being sued. hehehehe
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by unwanted1 unwanted1 wrote:

the perfect puff, for all you butt suckers, was  Magic Dragon.

WTF are you talking about?  Got a link or a video?  unwanted1=True Lies= (0)(0)

TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 4:53pm
It disgusts me that we're on the cusp of all-time low rates of smoking in this country, but these commercials are just advertising other ways to feed a slavish addiction to nicotine. How about we focus on products that help people escape addiction?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 8:56am
Originally posted by TheNilvarg TheNilvarg wrote:

It disgusts me that we're on the cusp of all-time low rates of smoking in this country, but these commercials are just advertising other ways to feed a slavish addiction to nicotine. How about we focus on products that help people escape addiction?

These e-cigs are designed to get people off cigarettes and all their bad toxins.  Nicotine is only bad in that it's addictive.  So, I guess it's a matter of exchanging an unhealthy addiction for one that's less unhealthy.  Of course, it's important that the reason behind these vaping-related deaths is discovered and eliminated.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 4:59pm
Addiction is addiction, but recovery is a far cry different when considering substances. 
Got a few questions:
1.) Why do rehab facilities not provide counselling when it comes to regular coffee, yet they only serve decaf?
2.) Why do rehab facilities not provide smoking cessation coverage?
Seems you have to be a drunk or drug addict to get into rehab, which will not work if the target subject is not serious about it.
3.) Does any of this matter now that some states have legalized weed and the Land of Fruits and Nuts actually has opened a weed bar? We all know addiction often is a stair-step matter and 'holier than thou'-types who have opinions, yet no practical experience or real knowledge, just make it all worse.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 5:05pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 5:19pm
You're fired.
Wink
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Dunestrider View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunestrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 1:30am
The problem is that these vapes are clearly targeted towards children. Flavors such as "baked cookies", "strawberry cheesecake", "root beer float"... 'nuff said.

Tobacco products have been banned from advertising on TV for decades... but vapes are allowed to show commercials?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 1:40am
People too often forget we live in a capitalistic society and thus profit overrules responsibility.
My opinion? Vaping should have never made it to market.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by unwanted1 unwanted1 wrote:

for those who suck and blow, your habit is being sued. hehehehe
Just to show my hope to help everyone on the forum...I could not find the 'Juul Class Action Lawsuit' commercial.

That being said...........What was I talking about? Embarrassed  Maybe unwanted1 and True Lies can step it up a little bit and share a video or link!  Just for we simple minded members, to help us understand!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 1:50pm
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 2:31pm
I've been thinking for quite some time about trying one of those e-cigs, but now since all these people have begun dropping like flies, I'm too damned scared to!!!

I'm thinking that the problem is either a) the fancy flavorings or b) that the people who are dying or in the hospital, are huffing on those things non-stop, day in and day out with hardly a break or c) a combination of the two.

I would think that, if used in some moderation, they aren't particularly harmful. 

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 6:32am
It's most likely a), in that people are loading it up with cannabis oil (or some other toxic stuff) to get high.  That seems to be a common factor with most of the dead people...
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 1:46pm
I smoked for exactly 2 years after highschool (only started to be cool) and then just quit cold turkey - I replaced my habit with cinnimon chiclets - packs at a time - when you have a nice taste in your mouth you are less likely to ashtray it up. Afterwards I went on to become a top athlete in women’s powerlifting on the national level.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

It's most likely a), in that people are loading it up with cannabis oil (or some other toxic stuff) to get high.  That seems to be a common factor with most of the dead people...

Cannabis oil is not toxic and people have been smoking it for decades, only in a different form. If there's really a correlation between the deaths and cannabis oil, it's likely because the oil used was contaminated with something after being manufactured by some backroom, bootleg operation probably in Mexico or some other Central American, third world country.

Maybe the oil contains excessively high level traces of some chemical solvent used to extract the oil.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

I smoked for exactly 2 years after highschool (only started to be cool) and then just quit cold turkey - I replaced my habit with cinnimon chiclets - packs at a time - when you have a nice taste in your mouth you are less likely to ashtray it up. Afterwards I went on to become a top athlete in women’s powerlifting on the national level.

At one time, I thought that the taste of sweetness was incompatible with the taste of cigarette smoke. Eventually I completely reversed my thinking in that regard, to the point that I wouldn't even smoke a cigarette unless I had a soda or a cup of coffee with cream and sugar in it, to have my smoke with. No matter how badly I wanted one.

Gum or hard candy would work in a pinch, though I never really went that route.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic