Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amazon "Band Practice"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amazon "Band Practice"
    Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 3:40am
AngryTrying to put my finger on what peeves me the most - the hair gelled Townshend,  the smirk on the daddy face with the steaming hot coffee who allows the noise to get to levels where he had to wear noise cancelling headphones because he craps out money for anything little Dexter wants,  or the weird inclusion of Ave Maria in the ad.....  Creeps me out, these yuppies

Sponsored Links

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 3:09pm
I absolutely HATE this commercial. 
Just my personal 2 cents on this - using a song that is widely used in many funerals is just a sh*t idea! So thanks Amazon for that wonderful flashback. A--holes!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 5:26pm
I saw this commercial today and thought...Confused

It's all too techno-bizarre for me to understand.

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 10:25pm
The "mom" in that commercial... LOL ... Something tells me it's "El Kabong" time!

KA-BONNNNNNNG! 

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 10:26pm
Or............. 

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

Or............. 

LOL

...this made me think, you could take almost every annoying f'ing tune from 99.9% of todays ads and just edit them into this clip. 

Which ALSO made me think of another "Most hated commercial" (different post), that God awful U.of Phoenix ad / that wussy "More Than Brains" tune.

Ok...so how is he playing a piano with a guitar? And 'wow, he has a high voice." 
I know..but you get the point. lol!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 5:54pm
^ LOLLOLLOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Just my personal 2 cents on this - using a song that is widely used in many funerals is just a sh*t idea! So thanks Amazon for that wonderful flashback. A--holes!

I couldn't agree more...and what's worse? The first thing I thought of were all of the school shootings. I REALLY don't feel good admitting those horrors crept back in the mind - and yes, the trigger was 'Ava Maria', which indeed is used in many funerals...and a few very, very ugly horror scenes in some very disturbing movies.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
drjimmy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 3:35am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

I couldn't agree more...and what's worse? The first thing I thought of were all of the school shootings. I REALLY don't feel good admitting those horrors crept back in the mind - and yes, the trigger was 'Ava Maria', which indeed is used in many funerals...and a few very, very ugly horror scenes in some very disturbing movies.

Add me to that thought, or thoughts....funerals and Christmas eve Mass....Anything but what's being shown here.  Just terrible that it gets by ad agencies "big shots"  that approve this sh#t 
drjimmy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 3:37am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

The "mom" in that commercial... LOL ... Something tells me it's "El Kabong" time!

KA-BONNNNNNNG! 

The guy who should be "ka-bonging" her is down on the couch drinking coffee and smirking....probably had Alexa bring up his favorite high school cheerleader web sites thinking she won't be up for a while...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 5:56pm
I don't like how Prime makes me feel inferior for not using their service!  Doesn't Amazon own everything now?

Freaking Andy Williams?

Why not use the original?  Are they going for the 80 year old women out there?  Angry

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 6:07pm
Let me just add before Thor tells me Sinatra did the song in 1927...It's the internet!  Don't believe everything you read!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic