Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Coors - "Official Beer for Drinking in The Shower"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coors - "Official Beer for Drinking in The Shower"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coors - "Official Beer for Drinking in The Shower"
    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 1:02am
Just saw this during the Phillies game, it's just weird!

The "official beer for drinking in the shower"
...yet the disclaimer during the commercial "Do Not attempt." 
Um, ok.Confused

Sponsored Links

raynjuls View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote raynjuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 1:46am
Just saw this as well... why not just say "Coors Light. The official beer of alcoholics!"
When a true genius enters the world, you will know him by this sign; all the dunces will be in confederacy against him....
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 1:49am
there was one for 'drinking without a bra'-i actually chuckled at that
this campaign is mildly good
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 6:00am
Quote The "official beer for drinking in the shower"...yet the disclaimer during the commercial "Do Not attempt."

Probably because their lawyers fear that some drunkie will ingest some shampoo suds, short & curlies, or even drown in the shower...  LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

there was one for 'drinking without a bra'-i actually chuckled at that
this campaign is mildly good
I want to see that!

I saw something on Facebook that is sort of related...A kitten playing with a bra, the caption was 'Booby Trap'! LOL

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by raynjuls raynjuls wrote:

Just saw this as well... why not just say "Coors Light. The official beer of alcoholics!"
LOL

Carpet showers- That's just wrong!

Mint Mobile TV Spot, Carpet Showers. Thats Not Right. - Screenshot 5

Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 11:28pm
Gotta be a spoof of all those "Brand X: The Official Whatever of..." adverts. (I remember a 1984 (or '88?) cartoon depicting a retail display of the "Official Toilet Tissue of the Olympic Games.")

As for Coors, it's my official beer of exploring "Commercials I Hate!"

LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 2:07am

This is the commercial I was looking for.  Not really fond of the beer, but I could handle this add once and a while.
There's a sucker born every minute.
crash1984 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crash1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 3:09am
First of all if you are to the point where you are drinking beer in the shower it is time to get to A.A. Second of all isn't he worried about other stuff getting in? At the very least water will get in and water down his beer if soap suds or something gets in then it is going to ruin the whole beer.

With that being said I actually don't mind this one. It is stupid yes but on the same token it is not annoying and has not been played to death.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Dejoh Dejoh wrote:

This is the commercial I was looking for.  Not really fond of the beer, but I could handle this add once and a while.

yep tats the one!
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 6:06pm
There is another commercial where the woman takes off her bra...studious thinking position!

I'm all for letting those beautiful puppies swing free!

Hah!  I remember mammaries now! 

I recommend she goes panty free too!  Whether it's her husband or Juan the pool boy!

MEllis72 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MEllis72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 2:00am
Glamorous!

They don't show that this guys is Hallucinating from the delirium tremens; and actually taking a shower in his family single-wide, somewhere in the Houston Suburbs.  He is drinking a beer...the one he fell asleep with the night before while finishing off a weekend bender.
Ad Hock View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Hock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

There is another commercial where the woman takes off her bra...studious thinking position!

I'm all for letting those beautiful puppies swing free!

Hah!  I remember mammaries now! 

I recommend she goes panty free too!  Whether it's her husband or Juan the pool boy!

I remember the first time my college GF took her bra off like that.  I was dumbfounded (but very impressed)!
O.K., It's just a little pinprick . . .
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by crash1984 crash1984 wrote:

First of all if you are to the point where you are drinking beer in the shower it is time to get to A.A. Second of all isn't he worried about other stuff getting in? At the very least water will get in and water down his beer if soap suds or something gets in then it is going to ruin the whole beer.

With that being said I actually don't mind this one. It is stupid yes but on the same token it is not annoying and has not been played to death.
It's 'COORS LIGHT'! If 12 ounces of water got in the can it would not change the taste.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by crash1984 crash1984 wrote:

It's 'COORS LIGHT'! If 12 ounces of water got in the can it would not change the taste.
WinkOne of my best friends was on the team that put Manuel Noriega in prison for the rest of his days.
He never made it to the bathroom without a few warm 'Old Milwakees' he kept under his bed BEFORE he would hit the shower before going to court. Who are we to judge him?
During the same period of time, I had a co-worker who also started off the morning with a few Michelobs and some high-powered target practice on his farm (into bales of hay and paper containers). He was also one of the mercenaries who went to Panama to grab Noriega and also to uncover some of the mass graves. In some of his spare time, he also served on the Florida Suicide Prevention Hotlines. What do you think? Time to judge him?
I don't think either of them probably ever had a beer in the shower because of the water factor...however, I know I did because I wasn't bright. This meant I would take at least two to the shower as I had to fight the shower water and was forced to drink fast, to get the best beer effect with the fullest taste.
And YES - who in their right mind would ever accuse Coors Light of being 'BEER'? The only thing one shouldn't do is take glass bottles into the shower.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic