Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Back to School 2019 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back to School 2019 Season
    Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 7:34pm
...and the season of binders, backpacks, shoes and pencils begins with this Walmart ad with a young boy who rises to be 20 feet tall and crosses the Los Angeles River like it was a puddle. Oh pulezzzeee...
And it's Fitz and the Tantrums doing the song, as always. There are a couple other Walmart ads out with similar content.

Staples also getting into Back to School - in fact I started hearing radio ads on July 8th! 
With ShopKo completely out of business, no more ads from them. Their previous back-to-school ads sucked.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Sponsored Links

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 11:45pm
Beat me to it, I just saw this earlier and thought "WTF is this, Stay Puft!"
The obesity problem with the kids these days is really getting out of hand. Confused

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 5:21pm
LOLLOLLOLLOL

My exact thought when I saw the little fat black dude!

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 11:05pm
Targ'ette has a really crappy 'song' for theirs-excuse me for not posting it but
GUESS WHAT? U will here it a MILLION TIMES
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Ad Hock View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Hock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 1:57pm
The Wal-Mart ad is ripped off from the Rolling Stones' 1994 video for "Love is Strong".

O.K., It's just a little pinprick . . .
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

Targ'ette has a really crappy 'song' for theirs-excuse me for not posting it but
GUESS WHAT? U will here it a MILLION TIMES

I wouldn't have noticed the commercial this morning if it wasn't for the usual crap music Target chooses for the ads. What a sh*tty song!

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 7:38pm
I'm guessing all of those children are sitting in a 'green screen' as that school bus looks NOTHING like a real one...lol!
I'm guessing Macy's will pull out another dance-fest. Don't know what to expect with Old Navy - one year they had Julia Louis-Dreyfus, another year it was the god-awful dancefest with children standing on top of lunch tables...gross!!
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 6:47pm
Macy's - More dancing idiots. Same stupid theme every year with the dancing nonsense.

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 11:52pm
And here we goooooo...... Angry
Rockdale County GA already went back today. It's not even August!!! We don't go back in Yakima until last week of August, and Ellensburg is September 4th.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 4:03am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

And here we goooooo...... Angry
Rockdale County GA already went back today. It's not even August!!! We don't go back in Yakima until last week of August, and Ellensburg is September 4th.

Eh, that's just wrong. Maybe this is the new "norm." Philadelphia Schools are doing it early this year again, the week before Labor Day, 2nd year in a row. Hell last year they went back and immediately had a string of 1/2 days, full days off because it was too hot, 90ยบ+ and humid. Of course some schools don't have A/C. SMH! 

Growing up in the 80s, grade & high school - I simply just associate the first day of school the day after Labor Day. Sure as hell not Aug, OR July!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 9:26am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Macy's - More dancing idiots. Same stupid theme every year with the dancing nonsense.

Did anyone say anything about reasons for gun violence in school?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 3:34pm
if one more HOOD aks me 'how ju like me NOW' i will have to
use my GAT
Ad Hock View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Hock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

if one more HOOD aks me 'how ju like me NOW' i will have to
use my GAT

They are going back to school, but being encouraged to speak like dropouts.

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 10:14pm
Because that must be a 'cool' trend for a 13-year-old. I saw that Macy's ad this morning. The most irk-fest scene I saw was the 10-year-old Hispanic boy getting out of a F****NG SPORTS CAR with lit up wheels, wearing Macy's/fancy clothing. Just get out of here with that snooty rich BS. I really don't like those types of kids. Has he ever ridden a school bus (minus field trips) in his whole life? Like we all did? Hell, some of the kids that live on the higher-end side of town here in Yakima (and even in high-end Bellevue) didn't act like that! I lived in Bellevue for a year and a half growing up, and it was difficult, but some of the students were incredibly nice - even though they went back home to $2,000,000 homes. I don't care what race they are, just stupid that they have to show off how rich their family is.

Good gravy! AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

Reason why schools go back so early - I'll point it out again. I'd say, most of the time, it has to do with getting the students in early as possible so they can get them geared for that huge high-stakes SBAC (or PARCC) test. Nothing more and nothing less. Teachers and administrators are pushed to the limits by the districts and states to have as many passing that test as possible. So we push practice tests on 3rd graders and up, multiple times a year, prior to taking the real thing in April or May.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 3:12pm
I didn't even notice the pimped out ride the kid gets out of. SMH!
I try not to even watch this annoying f'ing commercial when it comes on now.

Ad Hock View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Hock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 3:55pm
And when did schools allow roller blading down the hallways?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

I didn't even notice the pimped out ride the kid gets out of. SMH!
I try not to even watch this annoying f'ing commercial when it comes on now.

LOLLOL
That has to be a parody!  Even the largest retailers don't want to encourage stupid, dangerous behavior.

And the song? Another rape of a decent song from 4 Non-Blonds.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 6:15pm
Christ!  What does 'back to school' mean to me?

Just of how fast time flies by!

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 9:50pm
"We cool?" No, you are NOT. You're now going to in-school suspension for the rest of the day for being brats! AngryAngry

And would Shakespeare pick 'some pens' for this Office Depot/Office Max ad? 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 5:33pm
Amazon bought Pill Pack!  I might need an anti-depressant if I see many more of these commercials!

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 10:14pm
I count the most tubbies in the JC Penney ad which at least indicates Penney knows its clientele
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 11:01pm
Yeesh... kids... Thumbs Down

But nothing will ever top "What's a computer?" Confused

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 1:16am
I was curious to see if there were any new crappy ads we haven't seen yet, Googled "back to school 2019" and immediately saw the odd Google ad on the top right. Seriously, WTF?? LOLDead

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 9:59am
^  LOL.  Sometimes such results are due to things you've Googled previously.  In this case, I'd guess you've Googled bikinis and/or Borat within the past few days.  LOL

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^  LOL.  Sometimes such results are due to things you've Googled previously.  In this case, I'd guess you've Googled bikinis and/or Borat within the past few days.  LOL

LOLLOL I thought that too. No, I swear...I never Googled Borat's "Bikini" once.

ONLY thing I can think of is a post I DID make when CNN's The Movies 2000's movies aired a few weeks ago about the movie Borat, I thought the movie was hysterical - and inserted a YouTube clip "Borat" taking a crap on a Trump Hotel property in NYC.  I guess that explains it?? lol

Damn Google, get out of my sh*t! 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic