Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mayo Clinic- Lucky Hat (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mayo Clinic- Lucky Hat (video)
    Posted: 29 May 2019 at 7:16pm
My mom went to the Mayo Clinic, the best heart and cancer people in the country!  This world class surgeon said the cancer was too close to her heart.  There was nothing he could do.

Sponsored Links

CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 8:55pm
I don't mean any disrespect to the Mayo Clinic. I know they do excellent work, but that being said... these commercials SUCK!!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 5:55pm
Yea...and *I* prefer the Roswell Cancer Institute, in Buffalo, anyway (their commercials are better and surrounding hotel rates are MUCH cheaper, nicer, and there are always rooms!)
Seriously?  Being a (current) cancer survivor, I applaud the Mayo Clinic on the basic simplicity of this advertisement. For MOST people, cancer induces immediate fear and panic (it did not with me - it was more like being told I had the flu) and this sort of ad helps ease a person into the entry of the process of treatment.
Roswell? No, I wasn't carved up there, but a great friend (who conjured me back from retirement in 2006 to reclaim my spot he had taken for a few years and for whom we granted a 'Golden Parachute' before he went into treatment) with a much more severe and wide-spread version of the same cancer I was treated for, was...and he is now 100% cancer-free and retired, so he is now a volunteer bus driver for Roswell and Gilda's House (a few of us have repeatedly invaded (no warning) his bus as 'Comic Relief' and moral boosting for the patients). If we can buy a day for them, great..but anyone can buy themselves and others a day. A positive attitude, personal strength, and faith, helps.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 12:46am
I have to admit the NEWEST Mayo Clinic commercial is one I find dark and depressing, rather than injecting any feeling of 'Hope'. I'm not even sure which one is heading in toward their 'Final Stay'. If *I* can't figure that out, I guess they're both going....
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 11:32am
CryOh darned it! Sure looks like Daddy's going to earn his MudMonkey Merit Badge and Junior is going to have to learn how to cope with it....and answer the big question: To Box, or to burn and dump in an urn, or to mulch and use in the backyard vegetable garden & flower bed?

CryAll of these hard decisions! It just makes me want to cry while listening to my very favorite 'Goodbye Song'! (PaW's Theme)Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic