Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Truvada; I'm on the pill

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Truvada; I'm on the pill
    Posted: 28 May 2019 at 3:01am
Since this commercial is nothing but guys saying they're on the pill, is the platinum blonde at 0:02 also a guy (nntawwt)?

Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
Sponsored Links

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 3:11am
How the everloving fk does something like this even exist?  Man, I can only imagine what the potential side effects must be.  Probably something like an increased risk of sexually transmitted diseases or something like that.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 3:44am
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

How the everloving fk does something like this even exist?  Man, I can only imagine what the potential side effects must be.  Probably something like an increased risk of sexually transmitted diseases or something like that.
ConfusedTime to wake up! Truvada exists to treat those HIV-positiveWink
That would include both men and women, who generally would probably jump at this antiviral in lieu of letting HIV take its natural course. Side effects, possibly including a quicker death? Sounds like an even trade-off to me.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 4:10am
I misunderstood.  I thought that it was to prevent the spread of HIV.  I guess I need to pay better attention to these commercials.  Like that's ever going to happen.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 4:47am

I misunderstood.  I thought that it was to prevent the spread of HIV.  I guess I need to pay better attention to these commercials.  Like that's ever going to happen.
Big smileWink...and I only heard it by accident, one day - but it literally shocked me that the great world of science has made this leap in saving lives...just wish they would have given it a more sciency-name, rather than sounding like a daily fruit & vegetable supplement. 
Now, maybe science can tackle Ebola?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 5:06am
I watched again.  It said that it can only be taken by those who are HIV negative.  Truvada for PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis).

So it is not an anti-viral to treat those who are HIV positive.

I guess something like this makes sense, though.  I'm just an old married guy who's been out of the game way longer than I was ever in, and I guess these days you have to be more careful than ever these days.

Still, brittle bones and kidney failure seems sort of risky.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 5:52am

I watched again.  It said that it can only be taken by those who are HIV negative.  Truvada for PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis).

So it is not an anti-viral to treat those who are HIV positive.
WinkBig smile You are getting better but still assumptive.

Brand name: Truvada
HIV antiviral
It can treat HIV infection and reduce the risk of HIV infection. It doesn't cure HIV or AIDS, but combinations of drugs that treat HIV infection may slow the disease progress and prolong life.
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 5:55am
It says it's not to be taken by HIV negative people at least a couple of times in the commercial.  I don't know how that's assumptive.  
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 6:15am
"It says..."

Medical reports SAY both...
Their WEBSITE SAYS one thing, then ALLUDES BOTH.
Aaaand...if you have HEP-B, watch out!
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

"It says..."

Medical reports SAY both...
Their WEBSITE SAYS one thing, then ALLUDES BOTH.
Aaaand...if you have HEP-B, watch out!
Ahh. Ok.  I didn't go to the website.  I just went by what is said on the commercial.  Either way, I'm not in the target group for this medication.  I won't be talking to my doctor about it. LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 2:39pm
Wink Indeed - YOU may not be part of the target audience, but the next thing you know, you've a friend or a colleague who is...which is one reason why *I* try and 'learn a little more' every day - I might accidentally be able to provide some USEFUL information to others.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 5:43pm
I couldn't find the commercial but there is already a Class Action Lawsuit against the makers of Truvada!

I remember back in the 80s, there was an ambulance service called AIDS.  They had to rethink that title.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I couldn't find the commercial but there is already a Class Action Lawsuit against the makers of Truvada!

I remember back in the 80s, there was an ambulance service called AIDS.  They had to rethink that title.

In the early 80s, AYDS had a diet candy. This helped with weight.
Then came AIDS. That too...um, helped with weight.
(Ok, that was in poor taste)

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 3:14pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 8:48pm
Smile Why...I now think they simply need a little, memorable jingle - you know, like Liberty Mutual?

Maybe they can join forces and double-down on the new commercial?

"We all used TRivago to rent affordable places in TRinidad but wish we would have taken our TRuvada, first"
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 10:21pm
Confused The question remains...if one is heading to prison, should they be provided Truvada for free (before they enter the system and before the system enters them)?
Image result for pictures lets go to prison shower scene duck
TV Watcher #1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV Watcher #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 2:06am
Stop being HIV positive!

Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 8:49pm
I'm sure that blonde broad is a dude
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 1:54pm
How can you expect anyone to take you seriuosly when your head looks like a turnip? (the black dancer)
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Ad Hock View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Hock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

How can you expect anyone to take you seriuosly when your head looks like a turnip? (the black dancer)

He is Groot.
O.K., It's just a little pinprick . . .
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Tully Blanchard Tully Blanchard wrote:

I'm sure that blonde broad is was a dude

My money is on post-op. 

Not trying to come off like a 'phobe, just making an observation... but the exaggerated eye batting and wrist flipping along with the pronunciation of "pill" as "pehl", reek of someone trying to be feminine.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Ad Hock View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Hock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

Originally posted by Tully Blanchard Tully Blanchard wrote:

I'm sure that blonde broad is was a dude

My money is on post-op. 

Not trying to come off like a 'phobe, just making an observation... but the exaggerated eye batting and wrist flipping along with the pronunciation of "pill" as "pehl", reek of someone trying to be feminine.

You're right. He/she is Arisce Wanzer, a trans-gender model who was born as a male, but has undergone the total conversion.
She can be found on FB at https://www.facebook.com/ArisceOfficial
O.K., It's just a little pinprick . . .
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 5:11pm
"High Risk"  I made it through the time of Free Love with multiple partners without protection.  At my age and current lifestyle...I have nothing to worry about.
Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 3:51am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

"High Risk"  I made it through the time of Free Love with multiple partners without protection.  At my age and current lifestyle...I have nothing to worry about.
To quote the wise Austin Powers, "Only sailors use condoms, baby!"
MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 4:36pm
Basically this pill is marketed towards fairies, trannies, and circus freaks for preventing the spread of HIV.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic