Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heineken I'm still driving ads.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heineken I'm still driving ads.
    Posted: 21 May 2019 at 12:37am

I don't get this new ad which seems to have replaced the one featuring Jackie Stewart. No thanks I'm still driving? Well you're a 30 something, why wouldn't you be? The ad with Jackie was clever with that line, this one doesn't make much sense. 
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 6:09pm
Are you saying since he is 30-ish, he should be fine to have a few beers and then get being the wheel?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 6:14pm
Sir Jackie Stewart..."It's a beautiful day for a motor car race!"

When I was a young beer drinker, Heineken was a way to splurge and celebrate!  Good stuff!

NOW!  I was looking for the 'Your Heiny will be happy' commercial.

atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Are you saying since he is 30-ish, he should be fine to have a few beers and then get being the wheel?

Umm no, you didn't get the point about how when Jackie says, No thanks I'm still driving, has a different meaning from when you ask a 30 something if they want a beer.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 6:42pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 6:42pm
I see they both mean precisely the same thing - what do you think each means?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 7:22pm
Most 80 year olds have stopped driving, so when Jackie says, no thanks I'm still driving, it's because he still drives at age 80. Would be meaningless if a 30 year old said it.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by atikovi atikovi wrote:

Most 80 year olds have stopped driving, so when Jackie says, no thanks I'm still driving, it's because he still drives at age 80. Would be meaningless if a 30 year old said it.

He was being offered a BEER for heaven' sake - just like the other guy. In fact, everyone was being offered a beer. The commercial was about BEER, not AGE.
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 10:27pm
Pa, you're being a little obtuse.  (On purpose, maybe?)  I understand what he's getting at.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 11:22pm
Thanks Carolyn (and nice photo avatar!). I'm more than 90 degrees, but less than 180 - I know what he really is implying...I'm just being annoying. Plenty of 80-ish folks drive around here...some of them probably have had a few Heinekens  before slithering behind the wheel.
atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 12:24pm

Thanks Carolyn (and nice photo avatar!).

A little obtuse AND a tad sexist?LOL
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 1:01pm

Thanks, Pa!  For some reason I'm always curious what everyone looks like so I thought maybe I'd start a trend and post a photo avatar.  And by the way, I don't agree with the "sexist" comment.  If anything, you have always been (sometimes brutally) fair in your comments...a quality to be commended!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by atikovi atikovi wrote:

A little obtuse AND a tad sexist?LOL
Sexist?  That's my department!  Dang, PaW.  She sure is pretty!

My avatar is me!  I'm a bad dog!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 6:24pm
Go to off topic, Carol  N  You are great!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by caroln242 caroln242 wrote:

Thanks, Pa!  For some reason I'm always curious what everyone looks like so I thought maybe I'd start a trend and post a photo avatar.  And by the way, I don't agree with the "sexist" comment.  If anything, you have always been (sometimes brutally) fair in your comments...a quality to be commended!
Thank You kindly for the compliment.
Photos? There is a CIH Member and Family photo thread that some of us have contributed to, although many folks worry about their image being available out on the 'Worldly Web'. Not me...I gave up long ago, being the timid individual I am...
surrender_monkey.jpg%20Pa%20at%20Lunch%20image%20by%20pawolf1<<<---Paw, these days...
<<<---Paw, getting 'feedback' from the late MissyD, about his idea of him 'ruling the roost'.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic