Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - free free free free free free free free free free
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

free free free free free free free free free free

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: free free free free free free free free free free
    Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 12:29am
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 12:47am
Gee, there is no "ethnic engineering" going on in the message behind that commercial is there?

Black hero defense attorney, black female judge running the show, white female victim defendant glowing with admiration for her hero, the victorious black defense attorney, while the sole white male in the ad, is the evil, dastardly (and probably racist) LOSER of a prosecutor.

OK.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 1:24am
The OP must have missed that day in class.

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turbo Tax Live- Tech Showcase (video)
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 4:12am
Well, all I can say is....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 9:35pm
One of the top 10 for immediate mute.
There's a sucker born every minute.
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Gee, there is no "ethnic engineering" going on in the message behind that commercial is there?

Black hero defense attorney, black female judge running the show, white female victim defendant glowing with admiration for her hero, the victorious black defense attorney, while the sole white male in the ad, is the evil, dastardly (and probably racist) LOSER of a prosecutor.

OK.

You sure notice some unimportant sh*t. 

I haven't gotten as far as to watch it. I have to mute it, scoot to the other room or outside, or yell loudly to drown it out. 
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 5:57pm
I'm so fkn pi$$ed off that these were greenlighted. HORRIBLE commercials. FK YOU TURBOTAX! Worst commercials of 2019 so far! And that does include the Progressive Lounge Box, Geico's nonsense, and others.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 4:30am
Originally posted by NJtoTX NJtoTX wrote:

OK.

Like your opinion?

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 8:49am

OK.

Yeah, that seems to be the message all around these days.  "White man bad".

Hey, that'd be a good name for a band.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 4:22am
Quote Yeah, that seems to be the message all around these days.  "White man bad".

That seems to be second to "Orangemanbad"...   LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

That seems to be second to "Orangemanbad"...   LOL

Yeah, but that one is true. Painfully and obviously so.

At least to those who place moral values ahead of political expediency.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 9:52am

Originally posted by NJtoTX NJtoTX wrote:

OK.

Like your opinion?

Seconded.
It is silly & blind comments like 'unimportant' in combination with the ad which helps foster even more racism. If only they would toss in ANY foreigner into the ad and the recipe calls for 'White Nationalism', which is also on the rise.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 3:09pm
Back to the advertisement that annoys us all....

It's ads like this (and the endless parade of TV shows and movies that supposedly present Courtroom Drama), purporting to portray the legal system  that set my teeth on edge and/or make me laugh in disbelief.  Ask any lawyer you may know - this kind of stuff rarely happens in court.  Usually, it's just...well,  pretty boring in there.   No opportunity to go on at great length waving your arms around and  dramatically presenting every last (scripted) detail that you think is important without having your opposing counsel - or the Judge himself/herself - stopping you dead in your tracks with an objection or a sharp request to get to the point.   No long, flowery speeches  - even if it's just free free FREE free free.  I've never seen people burst into applause after a ruling, either - that would be met with a fast scolding from the judge  and a quick exit from the courtroom assisted by the court officers.  Wink
CapeCat
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

Back to the advertisement that annoys us all....

It's ads like this (and the endless parade of TV shows and movies that supposedly present Courtroom Drama), purporting to portray the legal system  that set my teeth on edge and/or make me laugh in disbelief.  Ask any lawyer you may know - this kind of stuff rarely happens in court.  Usually, it's just...well,  pretty boring in there.   No opportunity to go on at great length waving your arms around and  dramatically presenting every last (scripted) detail that you think is important without having your opposing counsel - or the Judge himself/herself - stopping you dead in your tracks with an objection or a sharp request to get to the point.   No long, flowery speeches  - even if it's just free free FREE free free.  I've never seen people burst into applause after a ruling, either - that would be met with a fast scolding from the judge  and a quick exit from tythe courtroom assisted by the court officers.  Wink

Yeah, courtrooms are dull, boring, uneventful places.

Except for when they aren't...

I had a tough time deciding which courtroom mayhem video compilation to post here because there are so many to choose from!!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 4:35pm
LOL

I hope CC isn't offended by all of the negative talk about lawyers, she is in Family Law. They don't even need to advertise, dozens of people a day decide they don't want to be with their (former) loved one anymore.

Free free free free free free?  Hell no, mister!  You are going to pay -BIG TIME!

Child support
Medical bills
College tuition

CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 5:27pm
Well, yes, and thank you Jimbo for the video!  That's all criminal court stuff and - well, there are criminals in the courtroom...  Seriously, we do appreciate the court officers' keeping order and I've been very fortunate in my experience in Court that when people start to get a little upset or unruly,  as they do in Family Court as aka noted,  the officers start to move  right in and focus on the troublemaker.  Sometimes a rattle of the handcuffs they carry on their belts is all that's needed.  Only once did I witness a takedown in the hall just outside the courtroom when a guy was getting loud with his ex-wife and yelled some threats at her.  But those episodes are few and far between, and may they stay that way - I am getting too old to run fast enough to get out of the way! Wink
CapeCat
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 5:39pm
I've had a few very funny court cases I attended (class-related/always in The Gallery) many years ago, but they were all night court or traffic court. There IS 'entertainment' to be had, if you hit one of those 'magical days'...and it was always FREE FREE FREEWinkLOL
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 4:15am
FREE FREE FREE MY A$$!
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 3:32pm
This ad drive me batsh*t nuts. But this seems to be a new stupid STUPID trend.

I saw a commercial for Cici's Pizza yesterday, mocked the "Pizza Pizza" motto from another place. How $5 bucks can get you "PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA....." SHUT UP!!

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:13pm
Godalmighty! If I ever see that Cici's ad it will be muted right away. 
What's next - a Geico ad that repeats '15%' over and over again? '15% 15% 15% 15% 15% 15% 15% 15%...' DON'T GO THERE! AngryAngryAngry
Of course, Turbotax still annoys me day after day. The game show and spelling bee ones, especially.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 4:29pm

Well, all I can say is....

LOL
What ever happened to forum decorum? Using brand names in the thread title? Why even search if that's the way it's going to be? Confused

Could it be?  They didn't use the word FREE once?

I still have the bad old dog hots for the girl in the glasses! She has a whole lot of yummy in those tight jeans! Evil Smile

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I still have the bad old dog hots for the girl in the glasses! She has a whole lot of yummy in those tight jeans! Evil Smile

Did anyone ever give you one of these as a gift to put on your desk or night stand?

If not, they should have!!!!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 5:36pm
LOLLOL

It's not easy to be me!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic