Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liberty Mutual - Limu Emu?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 1:43am
Why... won't... this... man... go... AWAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! Angry

Sponsored Links

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 2:52am
How do the majority of people 'like' these videos on Youtube?!? The wet teddy bear commercial has about 60-65% likes over dislikes.
Has pop culture gone down the toilet or what!

Oh, and LIBERTY LIBERTY LIBERTY MY A$$.
Go away Emu. Before someone has you for dinner.
Go away Doug. Before someone ruins their new TV by throwing a rock through it.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 3:29am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Ay... there's the rub. Pop culture is definitely in the septic tank. Why? Could be a number of reasons... I think because mainstream TV is mostly mediocre now, full of cheaply done reality shows and reruns of dumb sitcoms and poorly written romcoms and movie "franchises." And if you want something better... guess what? You have to pay extra! Just about everything I'm even remotely interested in is only available on STREAMING services! Angry Grrrrr.... And here I thought with "on demand" blossoming, that choosing our own channels would ultimately result in a lower TV bill, when the exact opposite is happening. F**k my life. Dead
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 7:46am
My TV viewing hours are down into the miniscule range. One or two shows at max. Every Thursday I catch Beat Shazam (Jamie Foxx's game show), otherwise it's maybe an occasional look at NCIS, a Big Bang rerun, or a Seinfeld rerun. And for some reason I don't mind Dr. Pimple Popper even though it's truely disgusting to watch a zit the size of a melon being popped. Or Ghost Adventures, albeit Discovery+ took that show and ran with it. Ugh....and BTW, you decide your opinion on whether it's real or fake. It's just entertaining, with Zac and Aaron's reactions and the tools they use to find spirits.

I have a wide variety of DVDs and even VHS tapes at my fingertips and often watch old movies, occasionally I'll watch something recently put out in the past few years...and now that the library will be opening back up with the dropping of 95% of COVID restrictions, I can browse their massive DVD selection again. For such a small town, their DVD selection rivals the video stores of yesterday and yesteryear. And it isn't just old Clark Gable or John Wayne films, or Downton Abbey...they have a lot of interesting independent films and dramas that are highly-ranked on Rotten Tomatoes and rarely shown on the 'idiot box'.

My TV news viewing hours are down into the fraction range...very occasionally I'll catch 5 minutes of the local news if something huge happened. My cable news viewing hours are down to zero. No Fox News, no CNN, no MSNBC.

I spend more time consuming the radio.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 6:44pm

I hope you drink a lot of water with that. Those radio parts can be tough. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

Why... won't... this... man... go... AWAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! Angry

I haven't seen that one yet!  Thank, God.  The insurance companies want your money, and they will screw you if you file a claim. It's f*cking criminal!
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 10:29pm
Confused

seriously stupid bullsh*t 
we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I haven't seen that one yet!  Thank, God.  The insurance companies want your money, and they will screw you if you file a claim. It's f*cking criminal!

I haven't seen that one yet either - and hope to god I never ever ever have to see it again. That is HORRID!!
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 11:18pm
wow what in the ever lovin HELL is that supposed to be?
Country Western Doug? Hayseed Emu? Are we supposed to
Achey Breaky to these MFs?
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

Yeah, it kinda makes the countrified Skyrizi ad sound pretty dayum good all of a sudden...and that's really saying somethin'...

...Gawd bless their little hearts... 
MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 11:22pm
My ears are bleeding! 🙉
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by jon1 jon1 wrote:

Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

Yeah, it kinda makes the countrified Skyrizi ad sound pretty dayum good all of a sudden...and that's really saying somethin'...

...Gawd bless their little hearts... 

you guys are killing me !LOL
we are the music makers
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 7:46pm

How do the majority of people 'like' these videos on Youtube?!? The wet teddy bear commercial has about 60-65% likes over dislikes.

Oh, and LIBERTY LIBERTY LIBERTY MY A$$.
Go away Emu. Before someone has you for dinner.
Go away Doug. Before someone ruins their new TV by throwing a rock through it.

Maybe LM's paying people to manipulate the like/dislike bar.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 7:51pm

My TV viewing hours are down into the miniscule range. One or two shows at max. Every Thursday I catch Beat Shazam (Jamie Foxx's game show), otherwise it's maybe an occasional look at NCIS, a Big Bang rerun, or a Seinfeld rerun. And for some reason I don't mind Dr. Pimple Popper even though it's truely disgusting to watch a zit the size of a melon being popped. Or Ghost Adventures, albeit Discovery+ took that show and ran with it. Ugh....and BTW, you decide your opinion on whether it's real or fake. It's just entertaining, with Zac and Aaron's reactions and the tools they use to find spirits.

I have a wide variety of DVDs and even VHS tapes at my fingertips and often watch old movies, occasionally I'll watch something recently put out in the past few years...and now that the library will be opening back up with the dropping of 95% of COVID restrictions, I can browse their massive DVD selection again. For such a small town, their DVD selection rivals the video stores of yesterday and yesteryear. And it isn't just old Clark Gable or John Wayne films, or Downton Abbey...they have a lot of interesting independent films and dramas that are highly-ranked on Rotten Tomatoes and rarely shown on the 'idiot box'.

My TV news viewing hours are down into the fraction range...very occasionally I'll catch 5 minutes of the local news if something huge happened. My cable news viewing hours are down to zero. No Fox News, no CNN, no MSNBC.

I think with Trump out of office, and the possibility of the pandemic winding down, I think cable news networks will go down in the ratings.

I remember the days when MSNBC would run Lockup, Caught on Camera, and to Catch a Predator reruns because the news cycle was so slow.

Do you watch CNBC or the Weather Channel? It's only really bad to watch when there's a bad day on the markets or a severe storm or hurricane.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 9:57pm
I don't watch TWC anymore either. 75% of their programming is reality shows that have nothing to do with weather (Fat Guys in the Woods. WTF.), and the other 25% is so packed full of commercials that it's unwatchable. Hurricane coverage is unwatchable because every five minutes a commercial break comes on. This wasn't the case in the days of Dr. John Hope and the late Dave Schwartz.

DIRECTV carries AccuWeather. Way better, like the old TWC.

There is one show I watch on CNBC occasionally - Jay Leno's Garage. It's an awesome show and it's amazing to see his classic car collection. And he'll be doing You Bet Your Life this fall in syndication (with Kevin Eubanks), I'll have to check it out.

Oh, and speaking of these aholes, once again I went to see family last Saturday and these fkers aired TWICE. Along with the jump rope commercial. Liberty x4 my a$$ always and forever. AngryAngry
Rotten Willie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rotten Willie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 10:16pm
I have liberty mutual, but yes, these commercials are retarded. I mean who comes up with this crap?   
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 3:49am
is Doug worse than Toyota Pat?
yes oh YES
its his smuggy delivery--someone thinks and has told this asshat
he is funny

...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 5:31pm

I don't watch TWC anymore either. 75% of their programming is reality shows that have nothing to do with weather (Fat Guys in the Woods. WTF.), and the other 25% is so packed full of commercials that it's unwatchable. Hurricane coverage is unwatchable because every five minutes a commercial break comes on. This wasn't the case in the days of Dr. John Hope and the late Dave Schwartz.

There is one show I watch on CNBC occasionally - Jay Leno's Garage. It's an awesome show and it's amazing to see his classic car collection. And he'll be doing You Bet Your Life this fall in syndication (with Kevin Eubanks), I'll have to check it out.

Oh, and speaking of these aholes, once again I went to see family last Saturday and these fkers aired TWICE. Along with the jump rope commercial. Liberty x4 my a$$ always and forever. AngryAngry

The Weather Channel has been a shell of it's former self for years now. NBC Universal was the downfall for the channel and It's not gotten better under Byron Allen. I watch WeatherNation and it's decent, except it's slightly low-budget.

I need to check out Jay Leno's Garage sometime. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 6:38pm

I never liked Jay when he was on The Tonight Show.  He does have a hell of a car collection and he knows his sh*t about the cars.  He must be made of money!  You can watch any of those Jay Leno's Garage on his YouTube channel.
MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 3:33am
The only Limu Emu commercial I will EVER enjoy is the one where they retire forever.

Plus in half the commercials that ever-present toothpick hanging out his mouth only adds to the douchebaggyness.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 6:38am
Damn right! It seems like Progressive hasn't shown Flo as much as they used to, so how long I wonder will this fad last? Will we be hearing that Limu Emu jingle in 2025?
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 5:44pm
First, I will break that toothpick off halfway up his ass 

second, roast the bird and make him eat it 

third, lock him in a room and play the jingle over and over again 

fourth, well you get the idea
we are the music makers
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 6:09pm

Damn right! It seems like Progressive hasn't shown Flo as much as they used to, so how long I wonder will this fad last? Will we be hearing that Limu Emu jingle in 2025?

I'm thinking Liberty will have moved to a new ad campaign, if they still advertise on TV.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 1:15am
Originally posted by HART HART wrote:

third, lock him in a room and play the jingle over and over again 

The perfect strategy for terrorists at Guantanamo. Forget the Barney song. This is way worse. Liberty times infinity.
Gsrecaps View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gsrecaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 3:44pm
Old Liberty Mutual ads from the 80s are way better than Liberty Liberty Liberty.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
  Share Topic