Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liberty Mutual - Limu Emu?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 8:47pm
Know how sick I continue to be of Liberty Mutual's petty ads? I muted the Witness ad just a few minutes ago; last night Limu Emu was on multiple times. Just FKN STOP Liberty my A$$. STOP YOUR AWFUL COMMERCIALS. Keep pushing people away from your insurance company!!!!
On the other hand, I just got a cheap 2000s sedan and guess who I insured it with? State Farm. 'Mah-sheshed' aside, their commercials are somewhat tolerable, and my insurance agent is awesome. My payment each month is cheaper than any other place I could have gotten it with. Up your liberty a$$ Liberty Mutual. AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Sponsored Links

unwanted1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unwanted1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 9:31pm
You aren't the only one. I'll take a chance on a ticket and still won't use those clowns. They are too stupid to realize they are pushing people away, except, of course, one on here who shall remain nameless. I'm still hoping they go bankrupt.
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 12:54am
The emu is weird, but this one doesn't bother me like their others. I still don't get what the point is. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 11:18am
Originally posted by NJtoTX NJtoTX wrote:

The emu is weird, but this one doesn't bother me like their others. I still don't get what the point is. 

The point is that they needed a "fun" mascot like every other insurance company advertising out there.  And I guess they thought liberty mutual would be a natural.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by NJtoTX NJtoTX wrote:

There is no real "point".

They simply took the first two letters of each word in the company name LI-berty MU-tual (Limu) then found the only animal whose name rhymes with Limu which is of course, Emu.

Limu Emu.

Companies have used animals as their mascots for decades.

Tony the Tiger, the Charmin bears, Spuds (Budweiser) McKenzie, Chester the (Cheetos) Cheetah, Elsie the (Borden) cow, Joe Camel, the Energizer Bunny, the Kellogg's frog...

Nothing new, complicated or special about it.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 3:51pm
..and all those frickin OWLS--my god, its like theres about 4-5 crappy owls -the Americas Best snarky owl, that travel owl, Xyzol owl--guys MILLIONS of ANIMALS out there!!
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

..and all those frickin OWLS--my god, its like theres about 4-5 crappy owls -the Americas Best snarky owl, that travel owl, Xyzol owl--guys MILLIONS of ANIMALS out there!!

Relax.

Have some potato chips....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 5:37pm
LOL

Hootman's front door...

Image result for owl front doors pics

Jimbo's front door!

Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

6-8 times this weekend alone. Twice in the past hour. Do they ever realize that they are pushing their customers AWAY from Liberty Mutual by showing this Limu Emu 'liberty-liberty-liberty' nonsense?
Geico, Progressive and Liberty Mutual - the three stooges of insurance companies. No offense to Larry, Curly, and Moe, who were so much better than the half-wits that create these present-day commercials.

Maybe they realized that viewers were hitting "Mute" prior to the jingle-bomb at the end of the advert, so they decided to fire a preemptive strike with the "LEE-moo EE-moo!" at the beginning!
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOL

<div ="lgojhe"="" aria-level="3" role="ing" -hveid="CA0QAw"><span ="ilfuvd"=""><span ="e24kjd"="">As a general rule, emu meat should be cooked to an internal temperature of between 150 and 160 degrees F (66 - 71 C). This will cook emu steaks and roasts to "rare" or "medium rare." Longer cooking will cause it to become dry. Grilling works well with these meats.</span></span>
[URL=http://www.uniquelyemu.com/emu-meat-4.htm]<h3 ="lc20lb"="]Emu Meat: Cooking Tips, Recipes, and Guidelines</h3>[/URL]Image result for cooking a Emu on a grill

I couldn't help it: after seeing this post, I changed my forum signature line!
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 3:24pm
doug likes A-1...on Limu
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Traxan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Traxan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 7:47am
I'm amazed none of you got the joke. The commercial is a riff on 70s cop/buddy shows like Starsky and Hutch. Doug's hair and mustache should be the giveaway along with the music when they run thru the streets.

That doesn't excuse the gross overplay, though. I laughed once. Now I'm sick of it, too.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Traxan Traxan wrote:

I'm amazed none of you got the joke. The commercial is a riff on 70s cop/buddy shows like Starsky and Hutch. Doug's hair and mustache should be the giveaway along with the music when they run thru the streets.

That doesn't excuse the gross overplay, though. I laughed once. Now I'm sick of it, too.

I think you're assuming nobody got the 70's cop show vibe just because it wasn't brought up.

I got it, but I just didn't feel it merited mentioning in the context of the question posed by NJtoTX.

The 70's cop show thing is more of an incidental point.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 5:10pm
Doug is a douchebag!  WTF are those things on his belt?  At the end of one of the commercials, he talks with his mouth full of sh*t!  It's a stupid f8cking series and I'm not at all impressed!
Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 10:47pm
From Mint Models:

And so I can imagine Liberty Mutual licensing a miniature yellow Duster complete with "LiMu Emu & Doug" action figures. Hell, there are ProgFlo dolls (I couldn't bring myself to post a picture of one).
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 2:05am

C'mon, man!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 3:55am
Yesterday I must have seen LIMU EMU at least 10, 12, maybe 15 times. In one f*cking day! My constant hate for this godawful company will never go away. Not to mention the 2 or 3 times I've heard the Limu Emu radio ads, in which I change the channel as soon as that 'Limu Emu!' jingle begins. Fking bulls--t. Enough is enough, I've had it with their stupid ad campaign. And their liberty x4 jingle is just icing on the nails-on-the-chalkboard commercials.

Good god! AngryAngryDeadDead
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 12:44pm
Some comments from the Liberty Mutual Facebook page.

Frank Lindhorst
Frank Lindhorst Why are your commercials so extremely highly annoying?? They are not funny at all and just turn people away. I would never even consider giving you my business knowing that parts of my payments are used for that absolute nonsense.

Liberty Mutual Insurance Thank you for your concern, Lisa. No animals were harmed in the making of our ads. While all the final images of the Emu were not real, it is based on live emus that were involved with the initial shoot. A representative from the humane society was present for the initial shoot where the live emu was on set.

Joan Huddleston I am concerned about the unpleasant way that man treats the emu. It is not funny. Not sure why you think this is important. Not compassionate at all.

Suzanne Sargent Whiteaker Please fire your Ad Firm. I can do better than that.

Mario Murillo Worst insurance company ever I would not recommend liberty mutual to nobody
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 6:15pm
Confused ...think it was yesterday - maybe the day before - when I saw a LM commercial with only 'Doug'. Limu wasn't anywhere in the picture, nor mentioned. And the 'Big Surprise'? The commercial wasn't even funny.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Some comments from the Liberty Mutual Facebook page.

Liberty Mutual Insurance Thank you for your concern, Lisa. No animals were harmed in the making of our ads.

What about Doug? Can you harm Doug? I'd like to harm him myself. Evil Smile
unwanted1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unwanted1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 9:18am
I, too, will take a ticket and jail time before using this bu--sh-- company!!  Question, do these di--he---
own Expedia.com?? Look at the 2 color schemes in the commercials.  If so, they are history as well.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by unwanted1 unwanted1 wrote:

I, too, will take a ticket and jail time before using this bu--sh-- company!!  Question, do these di--he---
own Expedia.com?? Look at the 2 color schemes in the commercials.  If so, they are history as well.
So...The inquiring mindless need to know.

You drive without insurance? Shame on you!

Jail time?  unwanted1................How ironic? Tongue

unwanted1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unwanted1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 8:41pm
They don't have the ability to think. And about the idiotic imbecile who jumps over the rail because someone took his photo, who really gives a flying f--k who he is or what he does!! Hmmmm...maybe the FBI>
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 4:53pm
There are several new LiMu Emu commercials out now. What annoys me is, they release all of this information yet they pull down the video! WHY! Angry

We're Sorry
This commercial has been removed at the request of the advertiser

Doug and the LiMu Emu are on the stakeout to inform some new homeowners that Liberty Mutual Home Insurance can be customized to fit their needs. Doug wants to take a quick cat nap and asks the Emu to keep watch and warn him if anything happens. He should've been more specific as the Emu goes into high-alert when a pinecone falls on the car.

Liberty Mutual TV Spot, Stakeout - Screenshot 5

There's also one where DB Doug is given the key to the city...Wacko  STFU!!!  Angry

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 5:29am
More braindead content from the worst insurance company...tied with Geico and Progressive...on television. They could have kept the 'Human' Human League campaign and I wouldn't mind them. Those were tolerable. Then they started throwing that Brad s--t on us. Now it's Limu Emu and that stinkin horrible jingle at the end. And the Zoltan. Slap in the face to the ordinary television viewer. My mute button is WORN OUT. I vow NEVER to use this company as long as I live. Fk off Liberty Liberty Liberty my a$$. My signature won't change until you get rid of this asinine campaign and the awful jingle. AngryAngryAngryAngry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
  Share Topic