Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liberty Mutual - Limu Emu?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by jhold-author jhold-author wrote:

What is the point of a forum if you're not allowed to participate in it? My last two posts are still pending approval. Why? I haven't said any thing wrong in them other than to challenge PaWolf's comment. Is PaWolf an administrator and he cannot tolerate being corrected? This is bull****!
I'm not an admin - I'm nothing more than you are and only disagree with you.
If what you say could be proved, then all you would have to do is provide your copyright documents, I would think...https://www.authorsguild.org/where-we-stand/copyright/
Confused...did I scare off another prospective new member simply by disagreement and providing ujseful information? He hasn't been back since I posted this...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 3:43pm
Yeah, you're a pretty scary guy, Pa. Shocked  (Some people just take things personally and get offended easily.)
“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by caroln242 caroln242 wrote:

Yeah, you're a pretty scary guy, Pa. Shocked  (Some people just take things personally and get offended easily.)
“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Cry I SO try to be kind and informative, but always end up finding myself up a tree....or someone is always trying to put me up one....I'm not having fun, darnitnow!!!
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 5:16pm
^ LOLLOL
That looks like the same wolf in the other post!  He can sleep through anything!

CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 5:28pm
From the look on the wolf's face, I think that guy is about to get a nasty surprise right in the face!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

From the look on the wolf's face, I think that guy is about to get a nasty surprise right in the face!
LOLLOL
Alright!  Now I have to post it! Poor old PaWolf! Wink

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

LOLLOL
Alright!  Now I have to post it! Poor old PaWolf! Wink

That's my slave girl and theater partner....here's the on-stage version

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 6:06pm
LOLLOLLOLLOL

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 6:35pm
I can't even anymore with these f---ers. One of the co-kings of the stupidest commercials on television. Limu Emu needs to go back to Australia where it belongs. What does an emu have to do with car insurance? I'd like an answer from you, Liberty my a$$. Let me repeat the question...

THE FK DOES AN EMU HAVE TO DO WITH CAR INSURANCE?! Gah! AngryAngryDead
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Sunny View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 5:47am
I actually like the Limu Emu.  How can one not like an emu?  He's pretty funny.  Sure beats the commercials they had before.  
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 5:03pm
Does anyone else hear the singewrs singing "leem-ooh KEE-moo"?
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
msmith View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 3:13pm

I think the ASPCA, WWF and other animal advocates will black flag this one.

The Emu is eating something in the desk drawer...This is about car insurance, right?
Then has a spastic case of projectile vomit!

The projectile vomiting could mean that he saw his own commercial.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 8:31pm
I see this guy graduated from car insurance to life insurance.  He was in that State Farm commercial a few years back where Grandma calls her insurance from the desert.

Both really stupid commercials, in my opinion.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I see this guy graduated from car insurance to life insurance.  He was in that State Farm commercial a few years back where Grandma calls her insurance from the desert.

You're right! How did you know that?

State Farm TV Commercial, 'Grandma'

Ad ID: 1010868    30s    2012 ( Inactive )

Actors: Cole Sand, David Hoffman, Jason Yudoff

Liberty Mutual TV Commercial, 'The Board'

Ad ID: 2137893    30s    2019 ( Active )

Actors: David Hoffman

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 8:49am

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

You're right! How did you know that?

I saw the Liberty Mutual commercial the other day.  It was followed by a Blue Bunny Ice Cream commercial.  I thought the guy in the LibMu commercial was the same guy as the Blue Bunny guy.  So I looked it up.  Turns out he wasn't, but I then noticed that the LibMu guy actually was the same as the State Farm guy.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 4:27pm
Limu Emu *might* just fit, here:

Generic 132LBS 46.46&quot; Lamb Pig Goat Charcoal Barbeque Grill Spit Rotisserie Hog Roasting Machine with Wind Shield Motor
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 4:32pm
LOL

As a general rule, emu meat should be cooked to an internal temperature of between 150 and 160 degrees F (66 - 71 C). This will cook emu steaks and roasts to "rare" or "medium rare." Longer cooking will cause it to become dry. Grilling works well with these meats.

Emu Meat: Cooking Tips, Recipes, and Guidelines

Image result for cooking a Emu on a grill
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 12:53am
so its a dwarf ostrich>roast DOUG TOO
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 1:01am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

so its a dwarf ostrich>roast DOUG TOO
LOLokeydokey, Bags! You get the 'DougDog'!Wink
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 4:51am
Good LORD! Limu Emu is even doing radio ads. With the god-awful fingers-on-a-chalkboard 'liberty liberty lib-e-rty my a$$' jingle. My god will these horrible commercials ever go away?
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

What the F--K did I just see?!!! 

So the emu is this guy's partner? I didn't think he swings that way. And I ment the emu.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 7:54pm
6-8 times this weekend alone. Twice in the past hour. Do they ever realize that they are pushing their customers AWAY from Liberty Mutual by showing this Limu Emu 'liberty-liberty-liberty' nonsense?
Geico, Progressive and Liberty Mutual - the three stooges of insurance companies. No offense to Larry, Curly, and Moe, who were so much better than the half-wits that create these present-day commercials.
DesertX View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DesertX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 12:04am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

6-8 times this weekend alone. Twice in the past hour. Do they ever realize that they are pushing their customers AWAY from Liberty Mutual by showing this Limu Emu 'liberty-liberty-liberty' nonsense?
Geico, Progressive and Liberty Mutual - the three stooges of insurance companies. No offense to Larry, Curly, and Moe, who were so much better than the half-wits that create these present-day commercials.

Don't forget Allstate/Esurance. Their little subtle slams at Geico as being a "cut-rate insurance company" is childish, when they themselves are known for bad service.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 7:00am
Allstate can be summed up in a few words...
'What?' 'WHAT!?!' Whattt??' 'WHATTTTTEEEE?!!!!!'
Please just FK OFF and get off my TV, 'what' guy!
msubulldog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msubulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 5:40am
Limu Emu is to Liberty Mutual as Flash was to The Dukes of Hazzard (both animals cluless but had doting masters). In fact Doug dresses a lot like Rosco P Coltrane (long sleeves rolled up, tie slightly loosened).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic