Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Brangelina: The Trend Of Merging Couple's Names
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brangelina: The Trend Of Merging Couple's Names

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brangelina: The Trend Of Merging Couple's Names
    Posted: 29 Oct 2008 at 1:35pm

Here's a clear indication of another stupid Hollywood trend. Couples merging their first names together as one. 'Brangelina' was only the beginning, now here's another example. 'Zacessa'

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2008/01/zac_efron_and_vanessa_hudgens.php?page=5
If it's got wings, i can crash it!
Sponsored Links

Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2008 at 3:36pm
Sheesh...it used to be they only did that to couples when everybody knew who both of the celebs were! Contrary to what the tabloids think 99 % of the population has never seen 'HSM', doesn't want to, and couldn't give a rat's ass who those soon-to-be-hasbeens are.
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2008 at 4:36pm
Please... it's "Brangelina".

britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2008 at 5:46pm
LOL
ilikestupidadssoshutup-MrsHill   

JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2008 at 7:04pm
I actually liked the name TomKat.  But what is up with merging peoples names?
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 1:58am
Originally posted by mbaker mbaker wrote:

Here's a clear indication of another stupid Hollywood trend. Couples merging their first names together as one.

Uh...I don't think the "couples" are responsible.  It's a gossip column trend.   I find it amusing.  Especially when I look back at other famous couples and try to do a "Bennifer" etc. with the names.   It's not really that new.   The first couple to do it on their OWN was.....DESILU.  Wink

"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
SokMunkie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SokMunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 3:07am
Actually, I think it started with Bennifer, not Brangelina.
SokMunkie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SokMunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 3:08am
Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

Originally posted by mbaker mbaker wrote:

Here's a clear indication of another stupid Hollywood trend. Couples merging their first names together as one.

Uh...I don't think the "couples" are responsible.  It's a gossip column trend.   I find it amusing.  Especially when I look back at other famous couples and try to do a "Bennifer" etc. with the names.   It's not really that new.   The first couple to do it on their OWN was.....DESILU.  Wink

That was the name of their production company.  It's not as if they referred to themselves as DesiLu.
mbaker View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 10:18am

Originally posted by SokMunkie SokMunkie wrote:

Actually, I think it started with Bennifer, not Brangelina.

Wow, i forgot about that. I'm surprise that Brad, and Angelina lasted this long. I wonder if the Brad, and Jennifer Aniston were refered to as 'Bradifer' by the gossip hags.
If it's got wings, i can crash it!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 5:32pm

...but wait! THERE'S MORE!!!! A *NEWWWWwwwWW* COUPLE!

What a CUTE pair! I just, well..wanna HUG 'em and HANG 'em!!!

"ScoCasey"!!!
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 5:59pm
Scot Petersen and Casey Anthony?  That's just dumb.  And: ew.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

Scot Petersen and Casey Anthony?  That's just dumb.  And: ew.
LOL...but...but..but...it was newsworthy!
I'm not certain 'dumb' is the word for it, HR; maybe a 'justification for a 'His & Hers Gas Chamber'....
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2008 at 7:03am
OH GOD I hate this sh*t. Another message board I frequent for a TV show does this crap all the time and it drives me nuts. I HATE THISTREND, and I hope it soon goes out like twist-a-beads and jelli-shoes!!
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
Glitch View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2009 at 9:50pm
On WWE Monday Night Raw, they have these two wrestlers:  Santino Marella, and Beth "the Glamazon" Phoenix.  Ever since they got together, they became known as "Glamarella."

How retarded is that (of merging couples' names)? Ermm
Mankind is divided into two classes: those who earn their living by the sweat of their brow, and those who sell them handkerchiefs, cold drinks, and electric fans.
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2009 at 3:12pm
People are lazy nowadays, so they just abb. evthg.
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2009 at 11:47pm
It's spawned from the disgusting internet subculture known as "shippers" who feel the need to concoct as many fantasy relationships in their heads as possible.

"OMG GUYS, I WANT JACK ON LOST TO HAVE A GAY RELATIONSHIP WITH LOCKE! I SUPPORT THE JOCKE RELATIONSHIP!"

It's sickening. Shippers should be exterminated.
carlaspirit View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlaspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 6:27am
The worst I've ever seen is "Jobama"
Cry
AARRRGHHH!!!
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by TheNilvarg TheNilvarg wrote:

It's spawned from the disgusting internet subculture known as "shippers" who feel the need to concoct as many fantasy relationships in their heads as possible.

"OMG GUYS, I WANT JACK ON LOST TO HAVE A GAY RELATIONSHIP WITH LOCKE! I SUPPORT THE JOCKE RELATIONSHIP!"

It's sickening. Shippers should be exterminated.

The 'Jocke' relationship? OK..THAT'S ridiculous!Confused Actually, this 'word merging' thing is best described with a merged word...'fucktarded'.LOL
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2009 at 12:37am
Geek DesiLu is now Paramount.
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2009 at 2:52pm
One question is, can the people who use these names ever again criticize people who call wives after their husbands (as in "Mrs. John Smith")?
Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2009 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Wild Starchild Wild Starchild wrote:

OH GOD I hate this sh*t. Another message board I frequent for a TV show does this crap all the time and it drives me nuts. I HATE THISTREND, and I hope it soon goes out like twist-a-beads and jelli-shoes!!

ha ha ha...the jellyshoes came back to life re-incarnated as CROCS
plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic