Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ostrich! That's not a burger, it's a bird!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ostrich! That's not a burger, it's a bird!
    Posted: 28 Oct 2008 at 8:54pm
The large Miller High Life delivery man is one of my favourite characters of all time on commercials.

I love how he shows those ostrich-burger eating yuppy geeks what the "good-life" is all about by getting some real good ole beef burgers to cook.

I also love the commercial where he shows up to the luxury box at a baseball game and asks the inhabitants if they know who's winning the game. Then he pounds on the windows to make some noise and get into the fan spirit.

I've been in some of those luxury boxes before and the Miller guy is right! Those corporate twits have no clue about the game they're attending. They don't deserve The High Life!

I love how he tells them they lost the right to enjoy the High Life. Then he takes the beer down to the real fans, the paying fans in the crowd!

Thanks Miller! Those are great ads!
One man gathers what another man spills
Sponsored Links

shebazz View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shebazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 7:30pm
Haven't seen the second one, but I love it.

I went to an Arizona Cardinals game recently, and most there seemed more concerned with getting drunk than watching the game. We were by the aisle, so they blocked our view on almost every play, hundreds of people streaming by constantly. Even when they were on the goaline, people were constantly going by, coming back with beer. Ugh, when did people stop caring about the game they're attending?
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 7:45pm
Well, you've never been a Bengals' Fan.
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2008 at 6:31am
That actor, whoever he is, seems like a natural-born comedian.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2008 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by shebazz shebazz wrote:

Haven't seen the second one, but I love it.

I went to an Arizona Cardinals game recently, and most there seemed more concerned with getting drunk than watching the game. We were by the aisle, so they blocked our view on almost every play, hundreds of people streaming by constantly. Even when they were on the goaline, people were constantly going by, coming back with beer. Ugh, when did people stop caring about the game they're attending?

I went to a Cardinals game at Sun Devil Stadium a few years ago, and I noticed the same.  Of course it was about 100° out---which, in and of itself, makes it NOT seem much like a football game to begin with, so...

jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 3:01am
I was at a Brewers' game this summer at Miller Park & that guy was there, in his Miller shirt.  Everyone was taking pics of him & stuff--pretty funny.......
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 3:23pm

I've been in some of those luxury boxes before and the Miller guy is right! Those corporate twits have no clue about the game they're attending. They don't deserve The High Life!

Thanks Miller! Those are great ads![/QUOTE]
I always like the expressions of the male and female execs. They're stereotyped but somehow without the joke being overdone.
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2008 at 5:02pm
I watch a network (ESPN Classic) where those two ads are shown constantly, and after months and months it really wears thin. I still wish they'd make some more good ones with that actor.
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2009 at 12:17am
Those commercials are great.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic