Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mens Wearhouse creepy guy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mens Wearhouse creepy guy
    Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 12:45am
I can't put my finger on it, but something about this guy is incredibly creepy. For starters, I don't think it's the actor's voice we hear. <shivers>

Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 1:39am
HOLY FVCK!!!  It sounds like Trivago Guy!  But I don't think it is.  Sounds like him in the beginning though.  Definitely lip-synced and dubbed.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 2:26am
Damn shame Rod Serling isn't around anymore.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 4:31am
They cheaped out and did the voice in a booth so they didn't have to fork with sound equipment when they filmed all those scenes.
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 2:47pm
did the owner die? He used to be the 'face' of the ads, but maybe he got too UNSAVORY to helm the show. Is Trivago Guy the new standard of success for spokespeople? KILL ME NOW
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 5:29pm
Actually I think it is a marketing ploy -  a drive to get the new young crowd that has finished school and is ready to put away their tattoos and toys and become corporate businessmen. That would actually be a good move as I already have two sons feeling those grounds out. Believe me - they do not all get there at the same time, but when they DO approach, it is often with some level of fear and trepidation.
There is another commercial in the same series that certainly is the 'father-son' approach. It is indeed a father's privilege to do this for a son as long as he can afford to do it and the son is ready to appreciate it. 

Please don't get me started on the idiotic 'Kingsmen' movies...

'What once was a boy is now a man...'
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 8:08pm
90 % of commercials we see are voice-overs.  Lip-sync.  As mentioned earlier, saves on a group of sound people hanging around.
There's a sucker born every minute.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

did the owner die? He used to be the 'face' of the ads, but maybe he got too UNSAVORY to helm the show. Is Trivago Guy the new standard of success for spokespeople? KILL ME NOW
No, George Zimmer, the man who founded Mens Wearhouse, is alive and well and doing his own thing after he was fired by his own company.  There are lots of articles about him.  Here's his wiki page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Zimmer
Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 3:51am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

HOLY FVCK!!!  It sounds like Trivago Guy!  But I don't think it is.  Sounds like him in the beginning though.  Definitely lip-synced and dubbed.

Yes, I imagine the actor's real voice to be something like Peewee Herman's. In any event, the guy's twitching facial muscles just make me think Serial Killer.

How do they pick these actors at the auditions??? What must the discussions be like???
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic