Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finally some GOOD TV NEWS!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally some GOOD TV NEWS!!!!
    Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 6:18pm
The ABC afternoon cooking show called The Chew....

HAS BEEN CANCELLED!!!!! YAAAAYYYY!!!!!

I HATE THAT FRIGGIN SHOW!!!!

Why?

Because they're such phony baloney geeks always trying to act hip and trendy and fakey cool.

Instead of just doing a cooking show that is pleasant to watch, they were always dancing around like morons trying to look like they're genuinely having fun, but in reality, they were probably instructed to act that way to begin with.

The worst one was that... "thing"... with the frizzy hair and huge nose who looks like a giant insect.

Good riddance geeks!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 6:34pm
I can't find a video. GMA  Gay Morning America has added an hour of bullSh*t!  Yeah!  Like i'm gonna waste one minute with your freaking programming?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 9:14pm
Yeah, that's the only drawback.

They're replacing one sh*t show by making another sh*t show longer.

I'm still happy The Chew is going away though.

Today was the last show.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 1:21am
You folks need to find something else to do with your lives during those hours! Ever consider Bingo or Shuffleboard? Big smileWink
Just think - if you could still get it up, you *might* be able to cheat.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 5:24pm

LOLLOLLOL  What a bunch of a-holes!

I remember seeing them when we switch over to Dr. Phil.

I miss the good old days... I miss a network morning news show that talked about the f*cking news!

Not all of these freaking concerts and pop culture bullsh*t that I care nothing about.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 6:02pm

^  Those kinds of news shows are obviously for women and do nothing to dispel the notion that women care mostly about celebrity news and pop culture stuff.

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 3:28am
A cheap filler by ABC, 'GMA Day' will probably be gone by 2019 or 2020, and replaced with the next filler show (or they give 1PM ET back to the affiliates). I always thought a daytime combo of 'Pyramid' and either 'Match Game' or 'To Tell the Truth' would be AWESOME for ABC's daytime lineup, knowing the Sunday night game shows are doing great for the network. Of course, the top prize on Pyramid lowered to $50K or $25K, and maybe less raunchy for TTTT/MG, but it would be a *much* better thing to put on the noon PT/1PM ET slot.
Either that or Susan Lucci getting a second chance for All My Children... but we're all stuck with this stupid show. At least I'm not usually watching TV at noon. This stupid little market doesn't even have a noon newscast. NBC shows TMZ and CBS airs the not-so-funny Funny You Should Ask, in which Jon Lovitz is on EVERY episode it seems...
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 5:30am
"Chew" was kind of a disgusting name choice to start with.  I'm guessing the show's producers fawningly kissed the ass of the network executive that came up with it...
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 9:08pm
Gordon Elliott was the executive producer of 'The Chew,' the same one who had an ill-fated talk show in the mid-90s and did all those Campbell's commercials in the early 2000s. The Chew replaced All My Children, and another short-lived show called 'The Revolution' replaced One Life to Live, which was cancelled a few months after AMC. That show didn't make any progress in the ratings and was cancelled a few months later. General Hospital would later move from 3PM ET to 2PM ET.
Basically all these stupid shows are cheap daytime filler. Nothing less, nothing more. Daytime television was so much better in the 1970s and 1980s when there was more variety - hours of game shows every day, many soaps to choose from and even sitcom reruns!
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Basically all these stupid shows are cheap daytime filler. Nothing less, nothing more. Daytime television was so much better in the 1970s and 1980s when there was more variety - hours of game shows every day, many soaps to choose from and even sitcom reruns!

All that stuff is not only still on daytime TV, but in more abundance than ever before. The only catch is that you have to live in an area that gets classic TV channels like MeTV, Antenna TV, RetroTV, CoziTV, Laff and BUZZR.

Along with three PBS channels and a couple of their digital sub-channels, that's pretty much all I watch.

C'mon, man!
Patrick (With a P) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick (With a P) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 5:20pm
Question...…………………….

How much did they have to pay that audience to come in off the street to cheer and smile? 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Patrick (With a P) Patrick (With a P) wrote:

Question...…………………….

How much did they have to pay that audience to come in off the street to cheer and smile?

Maybe they gave them free food.

I know I'd do it for that....

As annoying as those people were, I understand that they did cook up some pretty awesome grub.

C'mon, man!
Patrick (With a P) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick (With a P) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Question...…………………….

As annoying as those people were, I understand that they did cook up some pretty awesome grub.

I don't care HOW good the food...………………. The producers should be arrested and forced to eat squid droppings...………………..
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 7:54pm

Question...…………………….

Nothing.  They just gravitate toward TV cameras for their 15 seconds of fame.  LOL
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 2:29am

Question...…………………….

Free food, free concerts, and other stuff to do.  I think GMA now invites them inside now.
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 2:38am

Now ...……………If I danced like that...……………. oh wait...……….. I do...…………

(wandering off shaking head to find a stump that needs mumbling to.)
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 8:55pm
Speaking of audiences, 'The Chew' 's audience were forced to do a lot of OOH'S...and AHH'S...and MMM..., and WHOO!! Gotta love stage managers, right? There was always this guy (probably in post-production sweetening) that would scream a high-pitched 'WOOO!!!' whenever the stupid hosts told us something interesting. Puleeze.
GMA Day looks like the network version to Kelly & Ryan. Remember, Michael Strahan used to be Kelly's co-host post Regis. I can't stand her either. Her 'look at me!, look what I did this weekend' attitude towards everything just makes me want to puke. No wonder Regis left when he could. Kathie Lee Gifford was a far superior co-host.

And as for TV audiences, they have gotten louder, and crazier over the years. And it isn't just Jerry Springer. The post-production sweetening they do to the late night shows is ridiculous. Not just applause and laughter, but loud cheering, hollers, whistles, you name it. I don't need to explain Ellen's audience, I just call them 'Price is Right rejects'. Same loud 100db screaming and yelling as TPIR!
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 9:14pm
If I had to subject myself to this...………………… I would take up rag-picking instead .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic