Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horrible Local Commercials

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horrible Local Commercials
    Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 5:43pm
I know there was already a thread on this...I tried to find it, honest!

Some of these business owners think they should be involved in the marketing process. In most cases, around here anyway, BIG MISTAKE!  I can't find the worst ones.  AngryAngry

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 5:55pm
This one drives me freaking bonkers!  This loudmouth, fat f**k and someone who I think is his son playing out his Jim Carrey fantasy.  Angry  You people don't know how difficult it is to live in this part of the country!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 5:58pm
I bet those triple pane windows are expensive as hell, too.

My next door neighbor had his windows replaced recently with double pane impact glass windows. Not sure exactly how many windows he has, but he said it cost him $12K.

Been thinking about getting new ones for this place. Single pane with impact glass. Probably cost me about $6-8K.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 6:48pm
There's a sucker born every minute.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 3:05am
TongueI thought this was the original thread, but since it ISN'T, I get to re-post my favorite HORRIBLE local commercial from up near The Den (apologies - I know it is 10 years old, but they just don't get much worse and they sure don't make them like this anymoreWink)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 4:48pm
I don't even know where to begin with the horrific local commercials around here.

This one is #1 on my sh*tlist.
Loudmouth sleazy car dealership owner - with his screaming "DO THE DEAL!" ads. There is actually a channel on my FIOS that literally plays his 30 min informercial all day and all night.
(One of many local car ads around here that are terrible!)

Local Forman Mills is a very close second!

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

This one drives me freaking bonkers!  This loudmouth, fat f**k and someone who I think is his son playing out his Jim Carrey fantasy.  Angry  You people don't know how difficult it is to live in this part of the country!

Wow...just wow.  Between this and the (whisper) "Solid Core Triple pane windows" ad.
Yeah, Wisconsin local TV is seems like torture! I am so sorry. Confused

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 6:39pm
Nine years ago my youngest daughter was in college at Appalachian State and sent me these two gems that was really showing around their area (I actually LOVE these commercials and have theim in the 'Commercials that Inspire...' thread):

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 7:17pm
I don't have any of his recent commercials, but Mariano Morales' lawyer commercials just drive me up the wall. They are so stupid. A talking dog singing the phone number. Mariano vs. two cowboys in a western town...you name it, they air from morning till evening on Yakima TV stations. None of his recent ads are up on YouTube, probably so they don't get embarrassed!
KIMA has a stupid promo for Judge Judy where the weeknight anchor and sports director 'appear' on Judge Judy and show her 'proof' that people watch Action News after her show. Pffffft.
Another recent one that drives me up the wall is the Yakima Clean Air Agency - a couple of dorks dressed in cowboy gear in front of an obvious green screen dramatizing why they need to get rid of their wood stove. Instant mute! None of these ads are online either.
I haven't seen the Watermill and the stupid penguin in quite a while.

One thing I don't miss about living in Seattle is Pierre Money Mart and the stupid jingle that gets stuck in everyone's heads.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 3:19pm
ThatNerdInPhilly: Gordon Chevrolet "All You Need Is A Pen"! Do all their vehicles come with a "Tiny Scratch"?

crainbebo: Mario Morales (lawyer) vs. two cowboys in a Western town. That reminds me of the old Mark and Brian "Big City Lawyer" skits.LOL
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I bet those triple pane windows are expensive as hell, too.

My next door neighbor had his windows replaced recently with double pane impact glass windows. Not sure exactly how many windows he has, but he said it cost him $12K.

Been thinking about getting new ones for this place. Single pane with impact glass. Probably cost me about $6-8K.

This place was built in 94, the windows are still in really good shape.

An outer single pane (storm) window and an inner wooden sash with 2 panes of glass.  The doors even have 2 panes of glass.  A new roof will be our next major expense. Cry
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 3:29pm
For the Pennsylvania Lottery, Wheel Of Fortune scratch off game.
Idiots singing that old 80s song  "You Spin Me Round "

This one has been playing for the past 2 weeks. Just...why! Angry

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 7:18pm
Nah, I don't like that one either. I still watch 'Wheel' every night, but 'You Spin Me Right Round' is a stupid song after a while. Speaking of, game shows don't really don't have promo campaigns anymore - remember their early 1990s 'Wheel is Gonna Get Ya!' promos? Jeopardy! did a bunch of interesting promos around the same time that the stations aired often...
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 3:50am
Wellllllll let's see, off the top of my head... First we have this dope: Joe Askins. He is on the air CONSTANTLY around here. Big sh1t-eating grin on his face at all times.

More later, maybe. I don't know, I hate thinking about commercials.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 4:33am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

remember their early 1990s 'Wheel is Gonna Get Ya!' promos?.

My God, yes I remember that horrific promo! That Gloria Estefan rip off. Dead

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 7:10am
Still better than hearing 'You Spin Me Right Round' Smile I've got an amusing Jeopardy! promo on a tape somewhere, where they use an Indian head test pattern to 'interrupt this broadcast' - 1988 I think?

On the other hand, I've just about had it with this awful jingle. At least 15 times a day on OTA TV. Prepare for a frigging earworm!! I now mute it every time and will likely not give them any of my admission or money this year. I've been to the Central WA State Fair twice since I moved here. It's the same s--t every year, just different '70s rock and '80s country has-been artists and bands. Same overpriced food, same hot tub displays, same...everything! The Monroe and Puyallup fairs are a LOT better than ours.
This commercial can suck it. AngryAngryAngry

https://www.facebook.com/CWAStateFair/videos/vb.163471206732/510443056094908/?type=2&theater

Whenever I get time, I'll try to upload some of the god-awful Mariano Morales Law Office commercials. A talking dog? Mariano's 'fantasy football picks'? (Fox 41 shows it a lot during NFL games) Get outta here with that crap! Angry And to think in the '90s when he opened the law office here, his ads were straight to the point - why you should use his law office if you have a car wreck.

Over in Seattle, we had to deal with 800-CALL-KIRK (Kirk B. Bernard) and Phillips Law Firm almost every commercial break between morning rush hour and the evening news...and like I said before, Pierre Money Mart. The stupid jingle can be seen on this 2009 compilation of ads taped off CW11 in Seattle (recently found on a VHS tape - Boston Legal reruns). It's the first ad in the break, and still used to this day!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 3:52pm
I remember the Indian head test pattern. It was no longer needed after discovering that air time could generate revenue with stupid infomercials hawking worthless crap.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 1:19pm
This has been airing around here for the Carpet Mart Columbus Day Sale.
And every single time I keep heard "SAVE A SH*TLOAD!!"

Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 6:43pm
What a nice boy Dead

Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Banderboy Banderboy wrote:

What a nice boy Dead

ConfusedLOLWhy, THANK YOU, BB! That was simply spectacular and life-invigorating.
I have seen Nebraska license places, never been there.
I have never met anyone who has been to Nebraska.
I have never met anyone named 'Roscoe'.
I know people used to leave unwanted children in Nebraska because they legally could.
Could it be this is an ad for any takers for Nebraska's #1 Son? Can Nebraska leave a child in another state?LOLWink
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by Banderboy Banderboy wrote:

What a nice boy Dead

ConfusedLOLWhy, THANK YOU, BB! That was simply spectacular and life-invigorating.
I have seen Nebraska license places, never been there.
I have never met anyone who has been to Nebraska.
I have never met anyone named 'Roscoe'.
I know people used to leave unwanted children in Nebraska because they legally could.
Could it be this is an ad for any takers for Nebraska's #1 Son? Can Nebraska leave a child in another state?LOLWink

Glad you enjoyed it Pa. Did you know that kid is so admired across Nebraska that everyone is copying his haircut? Just go into any beauty parlor and ask for a Roscoe.
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 1:15am

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 5:57pm

^^^ConfusedYou're messing with me!LOL
Norm Krug, eh?
Now, Nebraska supplying the globe with Popcorn just isn't such a bad idea, but I sort of suspect Norm and Pete are somehow related - like, ohhhh...take a look at Roscoe. Kind of has some 'Norm' features, eh? I bet Norm is Pete's brother-in-law. Trump is in the middle of this, somehow.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 5:48pm
I'm guessing everyone is getting these stupid mid-term election ads.  We have a dumbass republican governor that needs to end his career. The vice prez is holding a fund raiser for him, who pays for this sh*t!?  Angry

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:03am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic