Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The World Has Gone Green

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The World Has Gone Green
    Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 8:22pm
I don't know about you, but a number of companies have been jumping on the 'green' bandwagon lately. Dose any of this seem familiar to you? Last night, i saw FOX showing off a logo that reads 'green it, mean it'. I guess we'll be seeing Captain Planet make a comeback, won't we?
If it's got wings, i can crash it!
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 4:04pm

Originally posted by mbaker mbaker wrote:

I don't know about you, but a number of companies have been jumping on the 'green' bandwagon lately. Dose any of this seem familiar to you? Last night, i saw FOX showing off a logo that reads 'green it, mean it'. I guess we'll be seeing Captain Planet make a comeback, won't we?
ConfusedShockedLOLLet's hope not!!!!!They should have been doing this kind of stuff yeeeaaaars ago like in 1997, or so we don't have a lot of time to fix it now. yikes.Ouch
Banquo View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banquo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 5:53pm
I noticed the MSNBC peacock was green last night. I didn't know what the deal was but it looked stupid.
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 6:08pm
Just once I'd love to see a network go purple.
This green overdose is so pc.
was feeling nostalgic
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 6:51pm
You know what would be a riot?, if all of a sudden if they went pink with no reason all.So many viewers would be confused and puzzled and would be wondering WTF happened to this channel?LOL
rusty_shackleford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty_shackleford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 1:59am
Originally posted by mbaker mbaker wrote:

I guess we'll be seeing Captain Planet make a comeback, won't we?

I hope not...that was one of the GAYEST cartoons ever.
J.R. View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 2:04am
Originally posted by rusty_shackleford rusty_shackleford wrote:

http://forums.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=304&PN=2
Originally posted by J.R. J.R. wrote:

"Gay" and "Retarded" as an insult.

rusty_shackleford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty_shackleford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 2:48am

http://forums.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=304&PN=2

"Gay" and "Retarded" as an insult.

You people are hypocrites! Everyone wants to get all PC, because I used the word GAY...but it's okay to make cheap shots about black people. Well fine. If it's like that I don't think I want to be a part of this board.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 3:02am
J.R. please cut it out, it's annoying me as well. Ermm
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
J.R. View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 3:31am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

J.R. please cut it out, it's annoying me as well. Ermm

Some talk from a kid who posts 5000 loud, rambling whiny rants a day on this forum. (Along with threats of violence towards people who carry a snack food in their hands)

It's annoying me as well.
J.R. View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 3:37am

You people are hypocrites! Everyone wants to get all PC, because I used the word GAY...but it's okay to make cheap shots about black people. Well fine. If it's like that I don't think I want to be a part of this board.

We happen to have people on this very forum who are of the persuasion you have equated as an insult.

Sorry you can't rise above your cheap shots.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 4:24am
sigh...I guess I can't please everybody.

BTW I changed the wording on the aforementioned post.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Skippy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly Skibibbles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 1:12am
Anyway, I swear if I hear another TV show preaching to me about switching to CFLs, I am going to switch all of my CFLs  back to regular incadescentsAngry. Between that and pushing hybrids, the green thing is making me nauseous.

It's like someone telling you that the best way to become healthy is to quit smoking. Who doesn't know it by now? It is almost pointless because you hear it so much. I want to hear about creative ways to save the planet that I might not have heard about.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 5:28am
I know people who've always had BMWs and expensive SUVs, who are suddenly and sanctimoniously now driving a modest-looking Toyota Prius (aka Pious).  Prior to "Green", they would've snubbed their noses at such cars.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 6:12am

We're still GREEN.

Just decided to forget replacing MissyD's BBF'nBuick; de-plated/dry-stored the Toyota (may sell it).

Still doin' tennis shoes and public transportation...

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Skippy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly Skibibbles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 1:31am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I know people who've always had BMWs and expensive SUVs, who are suddenly and sanctimoniously now driving a modest-looking Toyota Prius (aka Pious).  Prior to "Green", they would've snubbed their noses at such cars.

Hybrids are merely a stopgap. Nothing more. They still use gas and oil. Let me see a car that totally relieves us of our dependence on oil. GM had the technology in 1990, but nobody thought it was useful at the time, so they ditched the whole thing. But now toyota is the planet's savior because of the prius. I think it's funnier when people call them the toyota "Penis."

I would love to see GM leapfrog toyota when they come out with their Volt.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 2:09am
Originally posted by Skibibbles Skibibbles wrote:

Hybrids are merely a stopgap. Nothing more. They still use gas and oil. Let me see a car that totally relieves us of our dependence on oil. GM had the technology in 1990, but nobody thought it was useful at the time, so they ditched the whole thing. But now toyota is the planet's savior because of the prius. I think it's funnier when people call them the toyota "Penis."

I would love to see GM leapfrog toyota when they come out with their Volt.
Here ya go, Skibby! My brother almost bought one of these recently; problem was they are sold in L.A., he lives in Florida, and if you have a problem, you simply return them to the dealer...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Skippy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly Skibibbles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 2:24am

Only problem is that I don't drive foreign (I must be the only person left that category).

CaptainSpaulding View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainSpaulding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 4:31am

if Algore hadnt made that ridiculous science fiction film,  we wouldnt be having this "green" thing shoved down our throats every 2 seconds....but since the mainstream media has drank the man-made global warming kool-aid, we all have to suffer through this silly propaganda every time we turn on our TVs. cant wait till people finally realize they've been duped & Algore is tarred, feathered & run out of town on a rail. 

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 5:37am
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 5:43am
Ah great.... another half-assed opinion about a scientific phenomenon by some newspaper blow-hard who oversimplifies the problem while conveniently ignoring the majority of the facts.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 5:46am

That's just because you live in California Thor.

That kind of phoniness isn't as typical of people in the rest of the country.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 5:50am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Ah great.... another half-assed opinion about a scientific phenomenon by some newspaper blow-hard who oversimplifies the problem while conveniently ignoring the majority of the facts.

I didn't realize NASA was some newspaper blow-hard who oversimplifies the problem while conveniently ignoring the majority of the facts.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 5:59am
NASA didn't write that nonsense article.

They may have released data that shows that the polar ice caps have refrozen, but that was because it was WINTER!!!!!

They already knew that would happen!!!!

All those other screwed up weather patterns he mentioned were predicted consequences of AGW as well.

Global warming does not mean that the temperature will go up everywhere all the time.

It refers to a gradual rise in the AVERAGE worldwide temperature which will result in some places being colder than usual with other places experiencing other abnormal conditions.

But I know oversimplifying the situation is the only ammo the anti-AGWists have in their fight against responsible human behavior which they despise because it might cause some inconvenience in their lives.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 6:12am
The problem with your argument (and that of the other Gore-followers) is that anything and everything, even the most normal weather patterns, somehow always points to global warming.

God could come down and say that all's fine, and you would tell him he's wrong.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic