Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coke-Cola - "Sharing is Always Better"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coke-Cola - "Sharing is Always Better"
    Posted: 10 May 2018 at 3:17am
I JUST saw this commercial, I do not want to see it ever again! 
What the h*ll is with this singing, silly off key nonsense BS?? Angry

INSTANT mute from now on! 

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 4:28pm
This is a horrific commercial!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 5:01pm
DisapproveWhat if You decided to share something with me I didn't ever want? Can't fix it by sharing some Coke.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 8:37pm
Great! More off key singing! Just what the commercial universe needs!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 11:23pm
I fail to see the attraction to consumers or the benefit to the advertiser in having off key singing.  Confused  Remember when Coke had those singing commercials where everyone could actually sing "I'd Like To Buy The World A Coke..."?  Confused

Seriously, what are they trying to accomplish here?  Question
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 1:15am
It's supposed to sound light hearted and cute.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 5:25am
I think Coke is trying to update the trend they had in the early 1970's with the nice jingle they sang. The problem is that today's "music" is performed by "artists" with absolutely zero talent, but if it rhymes it must be good. Thank you MTV for shoving RAP down the throats of an entire generation. We now live in a society without music.
One man gathers what another man spills
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 6:43am
What you see is the result of ad execs sharing some coke...   LOL
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 4:15am
At first I thought it was the same duo that makes this sh*t song from the movie Juno. But no, it's a different crappy duo.

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 2:41am
"Juno" ... Dead That whole soundtrack is sh1t. And so is this Coke song. Thumbs Down
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 4:16pm
yeah i hoped this Juno garbage (which was seriously played out about the time of the movie and two years after) was buried deep in the 'gimmicks' graveyard..its almost as well crafted as
'seresto seresto SERESTO', the latest apex in commercial 'themes'!

they really PAY for crap this..um..CRAPPY?
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:13am
^ It is mildly irritating to think that people were paid to sing that crap.  Real People.  Not Singers.

Angry  Angry  Angry

No, it pisses me off!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:41am
They were probably snatched up while begging on traffic medians & asked if they "would sing for some coke" (and being disappointed after discovering it was not the coke they thought... LOL )
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 11:39am
The radio version of this stupid commercial would make you kick a cripple and maul a puppy. Yeah... it's that bad.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

yeah i hoped this Juno garbage (which was seriously played out about the time of the movie and two years after) was buried deep in the 'gimmicks' graveyard..its almost as well crafted as
'seresto seresto SERESTO', the latest apex in commercial 'themes'!

they really PAY for crap this..um..CRAPPY?

Good point about Juno. It's no longer being talked about today. Juno is a good example of a flash in the pan movie. I remember someone saying something like,"If It's not being talked about after 5 years, it's not all that good." A legendary classic is something that is talked about decades after it's original release, like The Wizard Of Oz(Released almost 80 years ago!) And Willy Wonka movie(Released almost 48 years ago!) Star Wars A New Hope was released 41 years ago and is still being talked about today!
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 3:49am
Until I freeze framed it, I thought "but she's more into Quinn" was a lesbian thing.
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 6:10am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

They were probably snatched up while begging on traffic medians & asked if they "would sing for some coke" (and being disappointed after discovering it was not the coke they thought... LOL )

LOLLOLLOL
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 6:27am
Originally posted by NJtoTX NJtoTX wrote:

Until I freeze framed it, I thought "but she's more into Quinn" was a lesbian thing.

Quinn looks kind of ambiguous to me.  I think they purposely did the unisex name/genderless look thing because I guess that's what's in style these days.  

TV Watcher #1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV Watcher #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 1:11am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic