Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mastercard wtf musics giants of NOW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mastercard wtf musics giants of NOW
    Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 3:24am

i need 2 bullets--one for each ear--and hopefully one will pierce my brain as if THIS
is the best star power music is offering today, kill me NOW

oo caint udge a wookie buh CUBBER?
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 9:26am
I can't judge a book by it's cover but I can judge music by its sound. It sounds pretty crappy!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 12:27pm
I will not condemn this ad because no matter how anyone feels about the performances, these kids reached for their dream and SOMEONE gave them 5 seconds for a chance of greater fame on a much larger stage in front of 'viewers like you'. Granted, it was a credit card commercial, which makes it feel a tad odd, but then again, thank you MasterCard for providing our youth an opportunity and fostering HOPE. There was a little something for everybody in that commercial.

O.K., now having said all of that, let's just say I'm not a fan of 'tough, in-you-face' cRAp 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 3:07pm
i just wish that 'these KEEDS' produced a sound that actually didn't derive from gangstas pimps and hoes of todays musical PABLUM

the ad 'for the ad' is even worse--self obsession, anyone?
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I will not condemn this ad because no matter how anyone feels about the performances, these kids reached for their dream and SOMEONE gave them 5 seconds for a chance of greater fame on a much larger stage in front of 'viewers like you'. Granted, it was a credit card commercial, which makes it feel a tad odd, but then again, thank you MasterCard for providing our youth an opportunity and fostering HOPE. There was a little something for everybody in that commercial.

O.K., now having said all of that, let's just say I'm not a fan of 'tough, in-you-face' cRAp 

Translation? My spin? The chick in that commercial who is sort of hot but sounds like a shrieking ghetto witch with shingles put out for the movers and shakers in Hollyweird. The guy probably hooked up with Kevin S. or another one of the light on the loafer executives. What's with that sh*t they try to pass of as music? More Millennial turd du jour. Every city, airport, most public spaces should have a rap free zone. Also TV channels that are free of rap crap and warbely vocal fry froggy croaks and hipsters.
I approve this message.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Translation? My spin? The chick in that commercial who is sort of hot but sounds like a shrieking ghetto witch with shingles put out for the movers and shakers in Hollyweird. The guy probably hooked up with Kevin S. or another one of the light on the loafer executives. What's with that sh*t they try to pass of as music? More Millennial turd du jour. Every city, airport, most public spaces should have a rap free zone. Also TV channels that are free of rap crap and warbely vocal fry froggy croaks and hipsters.
ConfusedGeez,. these are just KIDS who haven't had their bubbles burst, yet (which is why I'm being nice and holding out hope that they may become positive trend-setters). You sound as if you are ready to be their executioner. If they were adults, I'd have no problems with alienating them...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 11:52pm
The hell is this, a promo for the new season of "American Idol?" Thumbs Down
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 12:00am
As soon as it said "featuring", I knew is was total sh*t.

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 7:24am
ConfusedGeez,. these are just KIDS who haven't had their bubbles burst, yet (which is why I'm being nice and holding out hope that they may become positive trend-setters). You sound as if you are ready to be their executioner. If they were adults, I'd have no problems with alienating them...
[/QUOTE]

If this is the new voice of young America, then China and North Korea are creaming their jeans or Kim Jung Un polyester jumpsuits. I'm going to date myself but when I was growing up, one of the voices of young America was Motown. These hipster millennial posers are in the Rebecca Black club; voices and music that is the stuff of an interrogator's dreams. Let them all go on a tour of such hot spots as Iran, Nigeria, North Korea, Siberia, and of course France. They'll fit right in over yonder. However, the goats would probably stage a revolt and I'd be on the side of the horns and bearded set (the goats)! They may be kids but they are already whoring to big business, the almighty dollar so I feel them and their I Phone tube steak lawyers and know what they are doing because much of the populace grovels to such sh*t. You know we've hit the skids when these so-called kids are considered cutting edge by the same sheeple who worship the Kartrashians, embrace hipster culture. Simon says, time for some old sparky for these ear polluters. Justin Beiber can also join their toilet party. 
I approve this message.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 9:47am
I can't believe I watched the whole video.  I may have nightmares now!  That was truly horrible!  Dead
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 2:46pm
See, i DO get where Pa is coming from but...its SO bad and they ALL look like posturing, prefab fools and the song--which is an old r&b shouter from decades ago--is hardly done any service by this 'reinvention'

that SZA chick has mushmouthitis
NomoFlo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoFlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 8:07pm
Seriously the worst commercial on TV right now. And what the hell does it have to do with a credit card?
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 10:35pm
BTW how the @#$& do you pronounce "SZA"?

Seeezzzsaa?
Siza?
Sha-za?
S-za?

Oh @#$& it. I give up!
diezman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diezman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 2:20am
I must say that I found this commercial to be coolSmile Some nice talent!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 1:20am
Originally posted by diezman diezman wrote:

I must say that I found this commercial to be coolSmile Some nice talent!

PLEEZ tell me this is an ironic post Dead
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 1:38am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

See, i DO get where Pa is coming from but...its SO bad and they ALL look like posturing, prefab fools and the song--which is an old r&b shouter from decades ago--is hardly done any service by this 'reinvention'

that SZA chick has mushmouthitis
WinkThanks 'bags.

If you feign joy & excitement and clap them on the back before quickly walking away, then watch from a distance as they watch themselves over and over, you can actually see them get sick of themselves. They will evolve into something much better without disparaging remarks. Nothing can help improve you more than you getting sick of yourself. I just can't wait to see what they make of themselves...

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 2:45pm
" I just can't wait to see what they make of themselves..."

well, burgers don't flip by THEMSELVES
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 9:53am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

" I just can't wait to see what they make of themselves..."

well, burgers don't flip by THEMSELVES
Wink? They're not burgers, bags - where you taking this? 

Anyway, yeaaaaaaaa.....I'm finally sick of this one - they've made their point and can now toss us another commercial, thank you very much not at all.... 

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:12pm
what i meant is these 'stars' may end up toiling at McDs after their 'moment' crafting your Big mac when the 'star makers' tire of their derivative and talent lacking garbage
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 4:41pm
^^^okeydokes, you're forgiven for makin' an ol'Wolf raise an eyebrow.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 10:48pm
The "music" of today is very like comparing pro wrestling with legitimate sports. I'm glad that I grew up with some of the finest popular music ever recorded. The rubbish that passes for music today is generated by untalented scam "artists".
There are no "giants" in the world of music today.
One man gathers what another man spills
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 3:09am
OOky baba Bookie abba ooky bah BUBBA

[quoth the SZA]
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

The "music" of today is very like comparing pro wrestling with legitimate sports. I'm glad that I grew up with some of the finest popular music ever recorded. The rubbish that passes for music today is generated by untalented scam "artists".
There are no "giants" in the world of music today.

That's totally OK.
As you correctly point out, there is no music in the music of today!  DeadDead

notasusual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notasusual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 9:30pm
The undisciplined adult child that blurts out, "You can't judge a daughter by looking at her mother" has apparently dated few women (Big surprise). Speaking of that annoying twerp, I would pay cash money just to punch the smug look off of his pretentious face.  I know it wouldn't solve anything but it would sure as hell make me feel good.

THIS is what is wrong with our youth.  They grew up getting participation trophies and not keeping score when they played games.  This is the next logical step, "So what if your 'music' sounds like spoiled kids having a tantrum or people can understand what your singing - You're a Star!" 

After all, Mastercard is paid for this mess.  Reality check: These kids are our future?
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 10:40pm
These "singers" are what MasterCard considers as "great music" keep that in mind. The kids are merely pawns in their game!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic