Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Get your KFC before they run out...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get your KFC before they run out...
    Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 9:57pm
If it can happen in Ireland and the UK, imagine the panic it would cause HERE!
"Original recipe, primarily DARK, please....and yes - that would be 'chicken'..."
Watch the video and remember to review the full-page printed 'apology', which is found below the video...

Video:

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 5:27am
The English are terrible at preparing food (when my parents were over there, one morning for breakfast they got a bowl of corn flakes with orange juice poured over it, with a slice of tomato on top.  Really, how hard is it to mess that up?  The instructions for cereal are right on the box! LOL )
  KFC UK could deep-fry rats & nobody would notice the difference...  LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 7:16pm

I recall my times over in the UK, also...I don't recall too many meals.
There are always alternatives, such as meat pies.

Two words: Sweeney Todd

Todsweeny.jpg
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 7:37pm
No doubt KFC's decision to change delivery companies was driven by corporate greed, i.e., to save money.  That's what happens when you throw your trusted tried-and-true vendors under the bus!  Murphy's Law indeed!

Ha ha.  I'm still boycotting KFC.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 7:50pm
I'm in no hurry to buy Kentucky Fried Chicken, ever since they cancelled the grilled chicken and rumors of change in the cole slaw, I've lost interest.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I'm in no hurry to buy Kentucky Fried Chicken, ever since they cancelled the grilled chicken and rumors of change in the cole slaw, I've lost interest.
Changes in the cole slaw?  WHY?  They have the best cole slaw and I do miss it, although I'm still boycotting due to food-borne illness issues.  Dead  Sounds like they're changing a bunch of stuff and none of it for the better.  The marinated grilled chicken was really good, and diet friendly.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 8:16pm

I'm still a original recipe/dark meat, cole slaw, mashed potatoes and gravy (add z little pepper to gravy) sort of person every few weeks. Same stuff, no change.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 9:03am
I like white meat, extra crispy.  This is in the link that PaW posted, I just saw the story on the news and wanted to highlight. LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I'm still a original recipe/dark meat, cole slaw, mashed potatoes and gravy (add z little pepper to gravy) sort of person every few weeks. Same stuff, no change.

Afaic, they should start calling mashed potatoes "ruined potatoes". I prefer a nice, crispy form of potato any old day. And gravy? No thanks.

And while I am a fan of the chicken thigh piece, I could do without the drumstick, thank you.

Give me a breast, two thighs and two nice, plump, meaty wings with an order of fries or tots on the side and I'm in chicken heaven, baby!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I like white meat, extra crispy.  This is in the link that PaW posted, I just saw the story on the news and wanted to highlight. LOL

My question is how the FCK did they get that past the censors!?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 5:21pm

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

My question is how the FCK did they get that past the censors!?

That was a United Kingdom story, Adn. And yes, after it was allowed to run, KFC got spanked and had to apologize for making everyone laugh.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 5:59pm
The Brits are not as hung up on "cheeky" humor as we are, or the use of profanity.

Watch a few Britcoms and you'll experience a lot of bleeped (or just muted) words that were allowed over there but not here.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

The Brits are not as hung up on "cheeky" humor as we are, or the use of profanity.

Watch a few Britcoms and you'll experience a lot of bleeped (or just muted) words that were allowed over there but not here.
Yup different societies get offended in different ways, so they had a day of ruckus before the 'spanking' had to occur to satisfy their posh pundits who represent the country to the rest of the world. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic