Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JG Wentworth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrp8196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JG Wentworth
    Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 12:16pm
They advertise this all the time yet you have to be rich to have an annuity.
If your going to advertise something rich advertise a sports car.
Sponsored Links

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 1:34pm
Aw man, I haven't thought about J.G Wentworth in at least a year. JG spokesman looks like such a quintessential wealthy business exec. In fact, he kind of looks like Donald Trump.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by mrp8196 mrp8196 wrote:

They advertise this all the time yet you have to be rich to have an annuity.
If your going to advertise something rich advertise a sports car.
I don't think I agree with you. My wife gets an annuity payment monthly from her retirement plan.

Yes, if one pays into some sort of retirement account over the course of 30 years, it can be a substantial amount of money.  It doesn't have to be.

A Structured Settlement is usually the result of a legal action in your favor.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 2:00pm
To supplement Ron's point, a person could have won the lottery and chose the annuity option but then say a serious family emergency arose suddenly and the annuity is no longer a good option and they need someone to buy their annuity and give them the lump sum now so they can take care of the sudden serious family emergency that popped up. JG Wentworth buys the annuity from them in this emergency case and it helps them out tremendously. :)
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 2:03pm
I'll bet JGW gets a handsome slice of the pie.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 2:19pm
You can bet your ass that JGW comes out with the long end of that stick.

From Consumer Reports:

Is J.G. Wentworth's offer really worth it?

"There are times when it might make sense to do business with a company like J.G. Wentworth. You may need cash for a medical emergency and have no where else to turn. Or perhaps you want to pay off high-interest credit-card debt. You might be eager to cash out an annuity.

J.G. Wentworth may be willing to help you out, but it will retain a portion of your payout in return. The total amount it pockets is called the "effective discount rate," which includes all its fees, and can total 9 percent to 15 percent or more.

Still, if you're paying 30 percent interest on credit-card debt, doing business with J.G. Wentworth may be worthwhile. It may also pay you more for an annuity than you could make cashing it out, especially if your insurer charges a steep surrender fee for early withdrawal."

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 3:13am
My dad HATES the new JG Wentworth Commercial with the auto-tune singers...I wish I could find the vid!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
unwanted1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unwanted1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 5:05am
Their first commercial was at least tolerable. The most recent ones could come from a back-ally in New York, just a bunch of jungle bunnies.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by unwanted1 unwanted1 wrote:

Their first commercial was at least tolerable. The most recent ones could come from a back-ally in New York, just a bunch of jungle bunnies.
Really and seriously?  Angry  You're not cute or clever slipping in racial slurs here.  Thumbs Down
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Originally posted by unwanted1 unwanted1 wrote:

Really and seriously?  Angry  You're not cute or clever slipping in racial slurs here.  Thumbs Down

Fully agree!

As a minority (I'm Euro-American, but I have autism and that IS a minority) that isn't cool!

But...I think that JG Wentworth commercial had other groups using auto-tune. Thank God South Park slammed it on this!...

Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 9:32am
^ South Park version.  LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic