Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Super Bowl Commercials :: 2018 Super Bowl Commercials
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NBC Winter Olympics - Lindsey Vonn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NBC Winter Olympics - Lindsey Vonn
    Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 8:35pm
Sponsored Links

ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 1:18am
hey y’all!
Chet Desmond View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chet Desmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 1:55am
I get the impression that Lindsey Vonn REALLY likes Lindsey Vonn. 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 2:26am
Gawd, I hate the Olympics.

I am Soo dreading February.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 5:50pm
Lindsey Vonn can get it!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 5:57pm
Fire and Ice? Confused  I'd hit it!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Chet Desmond Chet Desmond wrote:

I get the impression that Lindsey Vonn REALLY likes Lindsey Vonn. 

*Snort!*

I am SO TIRED of this song!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 9:01pm
I detest February but like the Olympics. I detest the gay too long Mens World Cup. That's June into July for like 5 weeks! And NBC is over the top with their schmaltzy over the top Olympic coverage. But those cheap bastards won't broadcast in 4K for free/broadcast networks.
I approve this message.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 12:27am
I wish the networks in conjunction with the FCC would create a temporary Olympic channel every four years or however often the Bore-lympics come around. Give all four major networks a share in covering it and selling advertising or let them take turns.

However they want to arrange it is fine with me, just get it off the regular channels and stop ruining the programming for the rest of us who dgaf!!!!

Same with regular sports.

Every network should have it's own dedicated sports channel upon which it could broadcast any sporting event it wanted to, without interrupting their regular programming.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 1:22am
Believe it or not back in the day, the Junk Food network ABC had a mini dominance covering both olympics. They were actually very good. That was still the days of real journalists. ABC did the human interest stories about the athletes but didn' schmaltz it up or Gay it up. And they restrained themselves from torturing us with the current sh:t they passed off as music. CBS wasn't bad but they had that Entertainment Tonight dweebwith the last name of OBrien who got canned for some indiscretion. Imagine Fox trying to do coverage with ditsy Tara L. Or the flamer former skater with the cockatu hairdo. Today it's all reality turds, lipstick and legs etc. And, I have an idea; Bring Matt Liar Lauer back... but as one of the teapots the curling champs whack with those hocky sticks!Don't mibd the Olympics on TV. It's all that damn Basketball especially the bullsh*t that's March Madness. Let BET or PBS cover it!
I approve this message.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 4:49am
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

Believe it or not back in the day, the Junk Food network ABC had a mini dominance covering both olympics. They were actually very good. That was still the days of real journalists. ABC did the human interest stories about the athletes but didn' schmaltz it up or Gay it up. And they restrained themselves from torturing us with the current sh:t they passed off as music. CBS wasn't bad but they had that Entertainment Tonight dweebwith the last name of OBrien who got canned for some indiscretion. Imagine Fox trying to do coverage with ditsy Tara L. Or the flamer former skater with the cockatu hairdo. Today it's all reality turds, lipstick and legs etc. And, I have an idea; Bring Matt Liar Lauer back... but as one of the teapots the curling champs whack with those hocky sticks!Don't mibd the Olympics on TV. It's all that damn Basketball especially the bullsh*t that's March Madness. Let BET or PBS cover it!

PBS????

f**k that!!! I watch PBS.

That's one of the best channels on TV!!!

Don't go effing with my PBS, dammit!!!!

C'mon, man!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 6:15am
I'll give PBS a pass. Inatead let Al Jizzera and BET fight over the basketball especially March barf madness. When I was posting earlier had a brain fart and could only thinj of PBS.Let Hravo and NBCNcover the never ending World Cup (mens). All those soccer hooligans can get their world cup boy fix between episodes of Will And Grace.
I approve this message.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

I've seen "Calgary 1988 Olympics on ABC" logos and video clips on TV Ark it's been several years since I've been there but I think they're still around. The logo was really neat it was the Olympic Rings interlaced with the letters of ABC! Today, ingenuity like that has died off.

Aha! TV Ark is down but this page has snapshots of ABC Olympic Rings logo

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABC_Olympic_broadcasts

This practice would probably be banned by today's standards!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 8:23pm
the worst thing about the Olympics is the athletes who have zero chance in hell of even finishing a race, let alone touching the podium, using the Olympics as a platform for their social media in hopes of gaining a Hollywood lucretive deal - I’m talking to you shirtless oiled up Pita whatsyourname from Tonga. Literally the guy is a joke - trained for a year in cross-country skiing- basically making a mockery of all the hardworking athletes who have trained all their lives and dedicated themselves to their sport. Yes, Pita whatsyourname- you can shove off and take the two fake bobsled teams from Jamaica and Nigeria with you. The Olympics is about being the best at your sport, it is not about lynching a movie deal ffs.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 3:41am
I'm afraid to watch the Olympics this year.  Every girl or young woman might have been abused and molested by the coach, doctor, trainer, etc.

Then there's Shaun White stomping all over the American flag accidentally.
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 2:49am
LoL - yes Agree! there will probably a bunch of#MeToo stories after the Olympics is over - as for Shawn White - he is an ashole but u cannot deny his ability on the board - he made everyone else look like novices out there
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

LoL - yes Agree! there will probably a bunch of#MeToo stories after the Olympics is over - as for Shawn White - he is an ashole but u cannot deny his ability on the board - he made everyone else look like novices out there
Shaun can swap molesting notes with Matt the liar Lauer. Maybe NBC will give them a show between all their gay programming and reality shows.
I approve this message.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic