Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UNSOLVED: The Murders: Tupac&Notorious B.I.G.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 8:02pm
I've been bombarded with previews of this damn 'special' over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again while I'm watching NCIS! ENOUGH! Give it a rest USA! Your constant repitition is making me less and less interested in it!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by TV_Casualty TV_Casualty wrote:

To give an explanation to the older crowd on the boards, 2Pac and Biggie are considered to be the" Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Doors," of rap. I'm not trying to say they are as talented as Led Zeppelin, I am just trying to use an analogy to relate it to you guys.

Just as there is crappy rock music, there is also crappy rap music. I think there is rap that sucks, but I like Biggie and 2Pac. I think there is rock that sucks, but I like Led Zeppelin.

You could still dislike them for all I care. I'm not in this for an argument, just trying to shed some light as to how they are seen. 

WinkI'll respect your opinion and now provide mine.

First, I cannot fathom comparing ANY cRAP to Led Zepplin...and having said that, you may now have an idea of my thoughts on cRap artists.
DisapproveThey were simply more undereducated products of their environments just like cancer and THAT is what it begat and continues to this day in a fashion and style similar to the Pharos and other Egyptian influences. They speak with their own to their own and influence their own and the weak of others. Their art was also a reflection of their environment and just as welcome (to this day).
I do not like rap at all.
In MY OPINION:
It is not an art.
It is not a skill.
It basically is how to babble fast, how to rhyme wit 'da crime an' beez doin' 'da time...
It ain't 'Life with Reason', it's 'Robbin' Season' cauz weez need to beez pleezun' 'da bitches wit 'da bling so we get 'dem babies and name all dem yung tramps 'Food Stamps'.
Bitch ain' gonna eber werk or hab a career (what' s a 'career'?) and I got 2 guns an 2 chains.
My drugs are my money and my guns are my cred and your kindness is a weakness I will exploit.
A huge water roach ran across a wall at a friend's house, yesterday, during our neighborhood coffee & community improvement gathering. After killing it, we discussed how to address the human/rap form of them and among the gathering was the ghetto psychiatrist (she certainly lives the life) who explained it is now becoming only a matter of time before it kills itself off if the ghetto elders do not recognize and address the fact the 'community family tree' has fewer and fewer branches as it grows. She points out that she has had to stop her own adult children from entering into relationships multiple times because the fact they didn't know they were about to fall for a previously unknown step-brother/sister or cousin. She admits not many other parents care or even know how thin the community blood line is getting or the long-term impact. This is the Rap Community which is doomed to become little more than a FEMA camp as it dies off and the land reverts to fields of rust and dust, before re-emergence.
Sounds like ancient Egypt, India, or even portions of South America doesn't it? Kind of inbred, isn't it because that is that it was which lead to the ultimate chaos that came to be in each case. The rap/hood life is the same. Get educated, don't waste time with that 'bubblegum for the brain' cRap. Get a skill in something you love that lends itself to enhancing life for the many - you'll be much happier.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Well, they kinda are.  Two of the Beatles are dead, also... 

Not only that, but because rap "artists" have no real talent of their own, they tend to suck inspiration from wherever they can find it, usually ruining it in the process.

To wit:  The Top-5 Rap Songs that Sample the Beatles.  Angry

And early Led Zeppelin was heavily enhanced covers of classic blues which actually worked for me.Smile When I saw them live in Portland, OR, mid June 1972 (long concert) my ears were still ringing in the morning!
Yardbirds! Page came from them and, if I can dig it out, I have some sessions where Page, Clapton, and Beck are actually playing together, non-Yardbirds...you want to talk about some downright dirty blues. Sarge, I couldn't agree with you more! LedZep3 was when they started the slide into what they became.

Yeah, a lot of the hard rock, blues-influenced bands were getting rid of the blues part by the early 70s.  That sound was over.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Well, they kinda are.  Two of the Beatles are dead, also... 

Not only that, but because rap "artists" have no real talent of their own, they tend to suck inspiration from wherever they can find it, usually ruining it in the process.

To wit:  The Top-5 Rap Songs that Sample the Beatles.  Angry

And early Led Zeppelin was heavily enhanced covers of classic blues which actually worked for me.Smile When I saw them live in Portland, OR, mid June 1972 (long concert) my ears were still ringing in the morning!
Yardbirds! Page came from them and, if I can dig it out, I have some sessions where Page, Clapton, and Beck are actually playing together, non-Yardbirds...you want to talk about some downright dirty blues. Sarge, I couldn't agree with you more! LedZep3 was when they started the slide into what they became.

Yeah, a lot of the hard rock, blues-influenced bands were getting rid of the blues part by the early 70s.  That sound was over.

Shocked Why you lame white boy punker! The sound of the BLUES will never be overWinkLOL
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 10:37pm

I'm glad nobody ever told The Allman Brothers.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 1:56am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

...You must be talking about....

I've got the album.

Tongue I have the German version of it. Different tracks.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 2:33am

I was a Yardbirds fan. LZ3 produced a big Huh! "When the Levy breaks" on "so called" LZ4 gave hope and "No Body's Fault but Mine" on Presence was about it for their "Rockin Blues". 

WinkProwl around spewtube and listen to some of the LZ BBC Sessions album. It really is one of the BEST albums out over the last 20 years and has plenty of blues. It is just darned GOOD, Sarge.
And, well...Biggie & Tupac? Not sure they could PLAY any instruments or even get a passport to go to London, or Africa?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 3:04am

Actually they both have the exact same tracks, but arranged in a different order.

Plus, the later release has one extra track on the B side that the original 1971 version doesn't.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 4:22am

Actually they both have the exact same tracks, but arranged in a different order.

Plus, the later release has one extra track on the B side that the original 1971 version doesn't.

I knew most cuts were on both, guess I could've Wiki'd it. There are a number of Clapton/Beck/Page-old-timer albums
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 5:29am
Quote among the gathering was the ghetto psychiatrist (she certainly lives the life) who explained it is now becoming only a matter of time before it kills itself off if the ghetto elders do not recognize and address the fact the 'community family tree' has fewer and fewer branches as it grows. She points out that she has had to stop her own adult children from entering into relationships multiple times because the fact they didn't know they were about to fall for a previously unknown step-brother/sister or cousin. She admits not many other parents care or even know how thin the community blood line is getting or the long-term impact.

Does this mean that Ancestry.com will eventually create an Incestry.com spin-off?  Imagine the gov't anti-inbreeding PSA's we'll be subjected to...  Shocked
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 10:15am

Maybe if someone had, they'd have had a few more hits after 1973.  Wink

In all fairness, though, most of the big rock artists started losing it by the mid-70s.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 1:43pm

Maybe if someone had, they'd have had a few more hits after 1973.  Wink

In all fairness, though, most of the big rock artists started losing it by the mid-70s.

Nah. There was always blues based rock in the 70's, but being exclusively into punk and nothing else, you probably just weren't listening to it.

If you want to find blues rock from the 70's, you need look no further than bands like ZZ Topp, Humble Pie, Elvin Bishop, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc, etc, etc...

By the early/mid 80's guys like Stevie Ray Vaughn and Robert Cray were topping the charts with blues rock songs like

Pride and Joy...

...Cold Shot...

...Smoking Gun...

...Strong Persuader...

And, btw... as for the Allman Brothers, they had hits in the 80's with songs like I'm No Angel and Good Clean Fun.

Etc, etc.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 2:34pm
Kenny Wayne Shepherd can rock the blues!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 5:59pm

Nah. There was always blues based rock in the 70's, but being exclusively into punk and nothing else, you probably just weren't listening to it.

If you want to find blues rock from the 70's, you need look no further than bands like ZZ Topp, Humble Pie, Elvin Bishop, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc, etc, etc...

By the early/mid 80's guys like Stevie Ray Vaughn and Robert Cray were topping the charts with blues rock songs like

Pride and Joy...

All I said was that, in the 70s, blues-based rock was going away.  Of course a few remained.  I'm thinking George Thorogood.

Even the Wikipedia entry for Vaughan refers to an 80s blues "revival":

"he was one of the most influential guitarists in the revival of blues in the 1980s. AllMusic describes him as "a rocking powerhouse of a guitarist who gave blues a burst of momentum in the '80s, with influence still felt long after his tragic death."

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:43pm
If Tupac & Notorious B.I.G had played 'The Blues', they'd probably still be around.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:43am

If Tupac & Notorious B.I.G had played 'The Blues', they'd probably still be around.

They could rename the band:  "Black and Blues".
Sorta has a nice ring to it.  Tongue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic