Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UNSOLVED: The Murders: Tupac&Notorious B.I.G.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UNSOLVED: The Murders: Tupac&Notorious B.I.G.
    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 5:23pm
Confused
Let's see...the fatboy was 24, the other little criminal was 25.
Almost got through high school.
Lived the Hood.
Wrote the Hood,
Knew only one kind of life.
Practiced the arts.
Did little real 'good' for humanity.
But entertain people.
Died outside the Hood.
Was it all about the Pride or was it all about the Money?
Could they be considered 'false prophets'?
Do we need a damned movie about another tweeker/reeker or two who really didn't do anybody any good other than to give people a beat which to exercise?

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 6:31pm
Yeah! Let's glorify street thugs and drug pushers. Oh, didn't somebody get shot, too?

Let's return to a time when rapping was a good thing.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 7:43pm
The biggest question about the whole affair will likely remain unanswered.

That question being.... WHO CARES????

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 8:18pm
I'm really getting sick of seeing promos for this crap! Hell if they at least held a door open for someone or donated to a charity for a good cause like say Paul Newman or that entertainer who founded St. Jude's Children's Hospital I would care. But since he was self centered and was all about "MEMEME" I'd say as it been stated before, who cares???

F it just came on AGAIN!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 8:35pm
I'm not particularly unhappy that they're dead.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 9:07pm
I think this is more steered to a certain culture at a certain intelligence, sensitivity, and age level not common to our board.
"Mammy, don' let yer babies grow up to be 'CowBling'!" 

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 2:57am
A f**k I don't give about these thugs with microphones.
One man gathers what another man spills
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 5:27am
I remember hearing that the industry knows who killed Tupac and Biggie but has kept it a secret so that they can make money and keep making money off of these dead artists who sadly died way too young. I wouldn't put it past them.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 5:39am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Actually Tupac and Biggie were NOT thugs with microphones. Whenyou are thinking of thugs with microphones you are thinking of rappers who arrogantly brag rap abput shootouts with the law and drive bys and how much bling bling they have(Flashy jewelry), and cars and loose women(Hoes). Biggie and Tupac were way above that. They were visionaries rapping truth into their lyrics. Especially Tupac. Tupac's songs were about opening up your eyes to the evils around the world and bettering yourself, and his heartfelt regret for being a brat to his mother when he was younger.

Biggie's songs were a little materialistic such as Hypnotize but Juicy is him bring grateful not arrogant that he went from being a starry eyed dreamer to being a success. There's a difference between being arrogant like Kanye West is/was and being grateful like Biggie was.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 7:26am
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Actually Tupac and Biggie were NOT thugs with microphones. Whenyou are thinking of thugs with microphones you are thinking of rappers who arrogantly brag rap abput shootouts with the law and drive bys and how much bling bling they have(Flashy jewelry), and cars and loose women(Hoes). Biggie and Tupac were way above that. They were visionaries rapping truth into their lyrics. Especially Tupac. Tupac's songs were about opening up your eyes to the evils around the world and bettering yourself, and his heartfelt regret for being a brat to his mother when he was younger.

Biggie's songs were a little materialistic such as Hypnotize but Juicy is him bring grateful not arrogant that he went from being a starry eyed dreamer to being a success. There's a difference between being arrogant like Kanye West is/was and being grateful like Biggie was.

Personally, I think you're reading way too much into this.
As a group, I wouldn't call any of these rappers "artists" or even "musicians" - but in general, (perhaps with the exceptions you noted), "thugs with microphones" is a rather fitting description.

The bottom line for me is the entire genre pretty much sucks.
It's not at all pleasing to the ear, and I personally do not enjoy listening to any of it.
It is my least favored thing to hear, right behind fingernails on a chalkboard, or perhaps the warning cries of macaque monkeys.  (Maybe there's a connection there?)

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 2:42pm
ahhh JYEAH....

buh BAM!!buh BAM!

there ..that kinda sums up THAT video 'work of art'
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

The bottom line for me is the entire genre pretty much sucks.
It's not at all pleasing to the ear, and I personally do not enjoy listening to any of it.
It is my least favored thing to hear, right behind fingernails on a chalkboard, or perhaps the warning cries of macaque monkeys.  (Maybe there's a connection there?)

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 6:51pm

I remember hearing that the industry knows who killed Tupac and Biggie but has kept it a secret so that they can make money and keep making money off of these dead artists who sadly died way too young. I wouldn't put it past them.

'da hood takes care of its own bidness - 'dey don't be needin' 'Popo' / '5-0'...and since they CANNOT play well with others, hoods often resemble 'FEMA CAMPS'
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 3:35pm
Sick of who killed Tupac sh*t - nobody cares which gangster criminal killed another gangster criminal - if only there was this much effort put into crimestoppers to solve real murders of innocent people.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 12:33am

Actually Tupac and Biggie were NOT thugs with microphones. Whenyou are thinking of thugs with microphones you are thinking of rappers who arrogantly brag rap abput shootouts with the law and drive bys and how much bling bling they have(Flashy jewelry), and cars and loose women(Hoes). Biggie and Tupac were way above that. ....

I decided to research this a little, which means I checked the Wikipedia page for Tupac.
Fatherless household (yawn, shocker right there!).

And why brag rap, when you can actually claim it as your own?

To wit:
Drug dealer by age 12.
Weapons charge at age 17.

Forget his "music".
What part of "Thug" are you missing, Donathan?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:05am
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

Sick of who killed Tupac sh*t - nobody cares which gangster criminal killed another gangster criminal - if only there was this much effort put into crimestoppers to solve real murders of innocent people.

It's the idiotic celebrity worship culture that has taken over the collective brains of society.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

It's the idiotic celebrity worship culture that has taken over the collective brains of society.
DisapproveAlmost, but you forgot to put your brown glasses on. It's not all pink on the inside when we are talking about 'Thugilicious' - it's black and blue when it comes to our brains
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 9:46pm
I'm curious, does anyone know what "B.I.G." stood for?

Big Incredible Gnomes!?
Bug Irritated Goats!?
Boggy Infectious Gasses!?
Bay Inland Garages!?
Jeez, this is hard!

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 11:48pm

In the 50's women were swooning over Elvis Presley. In the 60's, they were swooning over The Beatles. In the 70's, they were swooning over Aerosmith. In the 80's, they were swooning over Poison. In the 90's, they were swooning over Backstreet Boys.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 1:08am

In the 50's women were swooning over Elvis Presley. In the 60's, they were swooning over The Beatles. In the 70's, they were swooning over Aerosmith. In the 80's, they were swooning over Poison. In the 90's, they were swooning over Backstreet Boys.

I was talking about something different.

What I was talking about, was how it seems to be infiltrating every aspect of our lives. You can't even watch the news anymore, without them doing some celebrity gossip story, and talking about these low-class rappers like Kanye West and Jay Z and as if they were just normal, wholesome entertainers and household names like Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra were in the 60's.

The reality of course, is that most of them are no-talent gutter trash.

But because the younger portion of society has nothing more important or worthwhile to occupy their feeble little brains with than the crappy, garbage music they're addicted to, the rest of us have to suffer even when we're trying to watch the so-called "news".

C'mon, man!
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 1:10am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Big Incredible Gnomes!?
Bug Irritated Goats!?
Bay Inland Garages!?
Jeez, this is hard!

It's a typo.
It was supposed to be N.I.G.

....but the "B" and "N" are right next to each other on the keyboard. Shocked

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 11:51pm

They were?  Confused  Dead
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Big Incredible Gnomes!?
Bug Irritated Goats!?
Bay Inland Garages!?
Jeez, this is hard!

It's a typo.
It was supposed to be N.I.G.

....but the "B" and "N" are right next to each other on the keyboard. Shocked

Was this really necessary?  AngryThumbs Down
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 12:34am

I was talking about something different.

What I was talking about, was how it seems to be infiltrating every aspect of our lives. You can't even watch the news anymore, without them doing some celebrity gossip story, and talking about these low-class rappers like Kanye West and Jay Z and as if they were just normal, wholesome entertainers and household names like Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra were in the 60's.

The reality of course, is that most of them are no-talent gutter trash.

But because the younger portion of society has nothing more important or worthwhile to occupy their feeble little brains with than the crappy, garbage music they're addicted to, the rest of us have to suffer even when we're trying to watch the so-called "news".

I don't even know what a lot of these people do.  Especially the "rappers".  They always seem to be rappers/producers/fashion designers/MCs/DJs/spokespeople...yet I know none of their stuff.

Then there's all those who make the headlines for who they're dating or having babies with, yet I've never even heard of them.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 12:38am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

They were?  Confused  Dead

Robert Plant?  Mark Farner?  Donny Osmond?  LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic