Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most Annoying TV News personality

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Poll Question: Who is the most annoying?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [24.49%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.04%]
0 [0.00%]
11 [22.45%]
4 [8.16%]
17 [34.69%]
4 [8.16%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2009 at 3:38am
I'd like to add another name nobody mentioned... Matt Lauer. I cannot stand him... the f**king weenie.
Sponsored Links

N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2009 at 3:43am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

I'd like to add another name nobody mentioned... Matt Lauer. I cannot stand him... the f**king weenie.

Don't forget her partner, Meredith Viera.   Cannot STAND that woman!!  AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2009 at 11:28am
Almost everytime I hear Meredith Viera speak I expect her to say, "Is that your final answer???"

LOL

this thread is awesome.

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2009 at 3:35pm
The problem with the poll is, how do you pick just one?????

Every one of them is an annoying dipsh*t.

Plus, there aren't enough choices. There are many, many more who belong on that list.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2009 at 4:41pm
I agree, I think that all of them are pretty f*king annoying. And there are several more that didn't make the list that are even worse!
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2009 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

The problem with the poll is, how do you pick just one?????

Every one of them is an annoying dipsh*t.

Plus, there aren't enough choices. There are many, many more who belong on that list.

You don't pick just one. You line them all up in front of a firing squad. Chris Matthews gets hanged though. He's the Mussolini of news hosts.
SunnyBunny View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunnyBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2009 at 7:01pm
I hate that Jim Cramer guy from Mad Money.  STOP YELLING AT ME, DICK NOSE!  And stop fiddling with that damn sound effects board.  BUY BUY BUY SELL SELL SELL!  Die die DIE!Angry
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2009 at 7:05pm
  The days of the association between eloquence and broadcast news are long gone. If the bastards don't scream, proselytize to the left or right or are just not repellant, period, they don't make it in this genre.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2009 at 7:28pm
Thanks for reviving this thread.

I agree with all who said Meredith Viera. I've never liked her; even when I was a little girl, I didn't like her. She seems pompous and self-important. Plus I hate the way she keeps stressing that she's a working mother. OKAY! WE GET IT! But here's a news flash - you're not the only working mother in the world! My mother is, my friends' mothers are and there are a million others out there who share this globe with you. Plus, she's so bland and boring. The Macy's Thanksgiving Parade has become a yawnfest since she started hosting it.

And I'm still waiting for the Monty Python foot to crush that f*cktard Olbermann.
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2009 at 8:12pm
Hey hey hey!!   The only two from this list that are unworthy of being on the list are Rick Sanchez and Keith Olbermann.   I'm watching Sanchez right now.   Best show on cable news!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2009 at 11:37pm
Yeah, that's why Olbermann leads in the polls.  Wink

N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2009 at 11:41pm
It's why Rachel Maddow beats Larry King and whatever garbage FOX shows at 9pm. Wink
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2009 at 11:41pm
  Am I the only person that hates both Hannity and Colmes?
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2009 at 12:02am
Well, Colmes has left the show, so now it's just Hannity.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2009 at 12:04am
Originally posted by gail gail wrote:

Am I the only person that hates both Hannity and Colmes?

I dislike Hannity more than I dislike Colmes.  If I ever watch the show (well, it's now just Hannity), it's just for the guests.

gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2009 at 12:15am
Originally posted by Irishman Irishman wrote:

Well, Colmes has left the show, so now it's just Hannity.

Did Holmes leave the show or the planet?He did look awfully cadaverous.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2009 at 8:04am
Diane Sawyer.  I can't even look at or listen to her anymore.

Ever since she interviewed Michael Jackson all those years ago and let him slide, I've refused to watch her.  She said that Jackson's people said nothing was off-limits, but she never pressed him about his answers regarding sleeping with little boys.  She asked him if he was going to continue to sleep with little boys in his bed, and he said yes.  She didn't push him at all.

And she's got that puppy-dog expression, like she's going to cry any minute.  She's just . . . oily.
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2009 at 8:30am
You know, Sawyer used to bug me just for the way she would introduce herself on '60 Minutes'...I'm Di-ane SOY-ERRRRR...oh, boo hoo!Cry...then she'd try to 'perk up' her voice when she'd mention ANdy ROONEY...TONIGHT on 60 Minutes! She just sounded like a robot with faulty tapes for 'happy voice' and 'sad voice'!
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2009 at 8:55am
I could swear I wrote a post about Chris Matthews, but it's not here.  Are we losing posts again?
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2009 at 6:03pm
Just out of curiosity, although a bit off-topic.....

That series of ads featuring "real" (?) videotape of people crashing into things. I forget what the ad's for, but one of them has "Chuck Storm," a reporter for some local channel, walking along talking to the camera, suddenly smacking his head against a pole.

He's a good looking guy with a cliched, cheeze-newsy name, is he for real?
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2009 at 6:08pm
Really? I've always kinda like Meredith, at least on The (old) View where she struck me as the least annoying/most normal host in the lot. But perhaps it was the context.

I like that she's not perky like Katie was. But I don't watch the Today show anymore anyhow, and when I do, I find that my drivel tolerance is at an all-time low. The entire show is such bullsh!t, and Matt is merely a corporate puppet. Didn't realize how much Meredith goes on about being a "working mother," jeeeeez. Let's see her survive on $500/week, which would be a generous salary for MOST working mothers!!
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2009 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Christine Christine wrote:

Really? I've always kinda like Meredith, at least on The (old) View where she struck me as the least annoying/most normal host in the lot. But perhaps it was the context.

I like that she's not perky like Katie was. But I don't watch the Today show anymore anyhow, and when I do, I find that my drivel tolerance is at an all-time low. The entire show is such bullsh!t, and Matt is merely a corporate puppet. Didn't realize how much Meredith goes on about being a "working mother," jeeeeez. Let's see her survive on $500/week, which would be a generous salary for MOST working mothers!!

The Today show is crap now.   Three hours were bad enough.   But when it went to four, with Kathie Lee on hour four, it became a joke.   Even Conan was making jokes about Leno's new 10pm show coming on "after the last hour of Today"!     Matt Lauer is a joke, he should have left when Katie did.     Or else Ann Curry should have been promoted to main hose with Matt.  
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2009 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

I could swear I wrote a post about Chris Matthews, but it's not here.  Are we losing posts again?

I'M CHRIS MAAAAATHEEEEWWWS! I ATE FAITH'S POST!!!LOL
cornflake View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2009 at 12:29am
Nancy Grace is the worst on this list, but Bill O'Riley and Glenn Beck deserve honorable mentions. I usually just use Politico or Huffington Post for political news.
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2009 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Irishman Irishman wrote:

Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

I'M CHRIS MAAAAATHEEEEWWWS! I ATE FAITH'S POST!!!LOL

It probably was washed away in the flood caused by the spit flying out of that guy's mouth, from talking for a whole hour.   

I'd HATE to be interviewed by that guy if I had to sit directly across from him.   He looks like someone who spits when they talk.  LOLLOLLOL     He sounds like he's wearing a mouthguard when he talks. LOLLOLLOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic