Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boost mobile “you get a line!!” commercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjoh249 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boost mobile “you get a line!!” commercial
    Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 8:49am

Really?? Could they make this woman anymore obnoxious and annoying?? After the “bogo free phone bro” one from this same company this is one of the most annoying commercials on TV. I Will never buy anything from Boost!!
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 6:17pm
^LOL

That's bad, but not nearly as bad as the BOGO BuFu Brotastic plan...Shocked

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^LOL

That's bad, but not nearly as bad as the BOGO BuFu Brotastic plan...Shocked

The whole dumbo bro thing has never been funny.  It definitely doesn't get funnier over time.
bjoh249 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjoh249 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 12:05am
Odd, i don’t think I have ever seen those “bro” commercial before. Which is strange since I am often bombarded with those types of commercials on the channels I tend to watch. But now that I have seen it I hope I don’t see it again. Yey those two dumbf*cks are definitely more annoying than the “you get a line” lady.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 1:48am
What if I don't want a line and never asked for one in the first place?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 4:04am
How can they still call them "lines"? Lines = wires and mobile = no wires. And quite honestly, we have enough smartphone zombies now, we really don't need more. People with smartphones have become quite a pain in the ass out in public.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by !Tommy !Tommy wrote:

How can they still call them "lines"? Lines = wires and mobile = no wires. And quite honestly, we have enough smartphone zombies now, we really don't need more. People with smartphones have become quite a pain in the ass out in public.

Fixed it for you:
People with smartphones have become quite a pain in the ass out in public traffic.  Angry

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Fixed it for you:
People with smartphones have become quite a pain in the ass out in public traffic.  Angry

Not to worry.

'Futurist'

Anyone familiar with that professional position?
Those are the visionary folks who predict the technical requirements and tools ten years out. The published ones are actually pretty good at predicting. One common prediction? The hand-held cell phone will be a thing of the past in 10 years. Yay!
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 5:41pm
It was only about 6 or 7 years ago that I gave up our landline, AT&T was charging 60 bucks a month for a phone I couldn't even take with me. We are paying less than $90 for 2 cell "lines". LOL

When I see somebody wearing one of these, I think they are really busy or really full of themselves. I'm sure that there are some work situations that would require a headset.

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 5:47pm

It was only about 6 or 7 years ago that I gave up our landline, AT&T was charging 60 bucks a month for a phone I couldn't even take with me. We are paying less than $90 for 2 cell "lines". LOL

When I see somebody wearing one of these, I think they are really busy or really full of themselves. I'm sure that there are some work situations that would require a headset.

I always thought that the second option was more likely.  I have a small one of these and keep it in my pocket and it keep my phone unlocked.  I don't think that I've ever actually talked on it.
I refuse to give up my landline.  Cell phone quality has yet to match that of a good landline, though my new cell phone is closer than ever.  I just don't like talking on them.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 8:37pm

How can they still call them "lines"? Lines = wires and mobile = no wires.

Maybe for the same reason we "dialed" phones long after rotary phones had become history.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 9:50pm
For some odd reason I got the "Crambone" song sung by Uncle Peso in the Tom and Jerry Cartoon "Peso Pest" stuck in my head. I'm not complaining though.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 6:02am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Fixed it for you:

Not to worry.

'Futurist'

Those are the visionary folks who predict the technical requirements and tools ten years out. The published ones are actually pretty good at predicting. One common prediction? The hand-held cell phone will be a thing of the past in 10 years. Yay!

Yep, as soon as there is an Apple iPhone that needs to be surgically implanted in your brain, there will be millions of idiots lining up to have it done to them.  Though I think an Apple suppository iPhone would be much more suited to their customer base...   LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 8:07am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Fixed it for you:

Not to worry.

'Futurist'

Yep, as soon as there is an Apple iPhone that needs to be surgically implanted in your brain, there will be millions of idiots lining up to have it done to them.  Though I think an Apple suppository iPhone would be much more suited to their customer base...   LOL
WinkI wasn't joking, MrT...including the Orwellian-idea of chip implants.
The projections have 'da yutes carrying more 'stuff' around, but much less bulky, especially with what is occurring in biometrics...
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 6:15am
That's a perfect example, Thor. Good job! I actually sort of miss rotary phones. They were fun to use even though you certainly couldn't speed dial on them. But since I use VoIP and I use cordless phones, it certainly takes the fun away from slamming the phone down on an annoying telemarketer. Disapprove

I like the traffic thought too! Although when I said pain in the ass in public, one example are people who go to the store and think it's a great idea to be walking while pushing a shopping cart yet their eyes are completely glued to the phone. That sort of falls into "traffic" but could still hurt if you get hit by the brainless operator. Then, that's not even the best part! The best part is...they have the NERVE to look at you like you're the one in the wrong! Wacko
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 4:11pm
My late grandparents had a nice black on the wall rotary dial phone that i used to call back in the 90s. Sadly years later it fell down and broke. However the new phone still had an old fashion ringer on it so it still sounded like the old phone!

BTW I referenced the wrong song. The correct song is "You Get A Line I Get A Pole"!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

I always thought that the second option was more likely.  I have a small one of these and keep it in my pocket and it keep my phone unlocked.  I don't think that I've ever actually talked on it.
I refuse to give up my landline.  Cell phone quality has yet to match that of a good landline, though my new cell phone is closer than ever.  I just don't like talking on them.
I used to say the same thing.  I thought I'd be the last person on Earth with a residential landline.  But it became an instrument of torture on a daily basis with the telemarketers that, even with call blocking (which you have to pay a premium price for) wasn't going to stop.  Finally my landline gave out; the actual phone company's lines in the equipment box outside, and that's when I finally cancelled my landline.

With people who call you on their cell phone to your landline you still have the crappy cell phone quality depending on where they are with the reception and calls dropping.

I hate talking on cell phones too but I hate talking on the phone anyway.  I did buy a Retro Handset which works pretty well!  https://www.amazon.com/Native-Union-Phone-Retro-Handset/dp/B0046EDK3K
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 5:48pm

That's a perfect example, Thor. Good job! I actually sort of miss rotary phones. They were fun to use even though you certainly couldn't speed dial on them. But since I use VoIP and I use cordless phones, it certainly takes the fun away from slamming the phone down on an annoying telemarketer. Disapprove

I like the traffic thought too! Although when I said pain in the ass in public, one example are people who go to the store and think it's a great idea to be walking while pushing a shopping cart yet their eyes are completely glued to the phone. That sort of falls into "traffic" but could still hurt if you get hit by the brainless operator. Then, that's not even the best part! The best part is...they have the NERVE to look at you like you're the one in the wrong! Wacko
Exactly!    Ouch
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 4:40am
Originally posted by bjoh249 bjoh249 wrote:

She doesn't need a line, she needs liposuction. Dead
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

For some odd reason I got the "Crambone" song sung by Uncle Peso in the Tom and Jerry Cartoon "Peso Pest" stuck in my head. I'm not complaining though.

You'd be annoyed if someone reached through the tv and plucked out one of your whiskers.
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
crash1984 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crash1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 10:32pm
Speaking of songs and this crummy commercial...

crash1984 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crash1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

How can they still call them "lines"? Lines = wires and mobile = no wires.

Maybe for the same reason we "dialed" phones long after rotary phones had become history.

You want to talk about something obsolete having a strong presence today, look at the floppy disc. They went out in the early 2000s, yet every computer program still uses one for the save icon.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by crash1984 crash1984 wrote:

You want to talk about something obsolete having a strong presence today, look at the floppy disc. They went out in the early 2000s, yet every computer program still uses one for the save icon.

What's a computer?  Tongue
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 11:24pm

ROFL
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 12:08am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic