Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy Birthday CapeCat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy Birthday CapeCat
    Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 7:41am
Sponsored Links

CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 12:48am
Thank you, aka!!  I appreciate it!!  (Those darn birthdays seem to arrive faster each year  LOL
CapeCat
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 1:28am
WinkHappy Birthday CapeCat...but may I ask a question or two?

1.) Should I have had you sign something to protect myself in the event you didn't want a 'Happy Birthday'?

2.) If you have a kid and you ask them to 'make a wish and blow out the candles', as a legal professional, is it in one's best interest to have the child sign a release form for you in the event their wish doesn't come true?

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 3:33am
PaWolf writes:   WinkHappy Birthday CapeCat...but may I ask a question or two?

1.) Should I have had you sign something to protect myself in the event you didn't want a 'Happy Birthday'?

2.) If you have a kid and you ask them to 'make a wish and blow out the candles', as a legal professional, is it in one's best interest to have the child sign a release form for you in the event their wish doesn't come true?

LOLLOLLOLClapClap

(CapeCat takes off party hat, puts on lawyer's hat:)

may I ask a question or two?  Yes, of course, but subject to a mandatory disclaimer ab initio: no legal representation, express or implied, is to be construed as having resulted from the fact that I have, in fact, undertaken to answer your questions....(is that sufficiently confusing?Wink ) Herewith:

1.  Thank you for your cautious regard for my feelings but please be reassured that I am, in fact, not a snowflake, am not insulted or waiting to be insulted, nor am I dismayed about becoming One Year Older.  So your Happy Birthday wishes are welcome and appreciated!

2.   In this case, given the attitudes of so many kids and their parents (see Snowflake reference, supra), you would in fact be wise not only to secure such a release, but also to provide fire prevention protection in case of an unfortunate accident involving said birthday candles...and purchase ear protection for yourself in the inevitable event of said child screaming at the top of their lungs when they throw the inevitable howling tantrum due to their having been unduly deprived of getting their exact wish (see any number of television commercials for proof of the inevitability of said meltdown).

Whew, that was exhausting!  That's all the pro bono (and fake!) advice I have for the day!

CapeCat
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 5:25pm
Happy CapeCat, birthday!!! 

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 9:01pm
CC is my age, the wife is one year and one day younger than I am.

We Capricorns have to stick together.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

PaWolf writes:   WinkHappy Birthday CapeCat...but may I ask a question or two?

LOLLOLLOLClapClap

(CapeCat takes off party hat, puts on lawyer's hat:)

may I ask a question or two?  Yes, of course, but subject to a mandatory disclaimer ab initio: no legal representation, express or implied, is to be construed as having resulted from the fact that I have, in fact, undertaken to answer your questions....(is that sufficiently confusing?Wink ) Herewith:

1.  Thank you for your cautious regard for my feelings but please be reassured that I am, in fact, not a snowflake, am not insulted or waiting to be insulted, nor am I dismayed about becoming One Year Older.  So your Happy Birthday wishes are welcome and appreciated!

2.   In this case, given the attitudes of so many kids and their parents (see Snowflake reference, supra), you would in fact be wise not only to secure such a release, but also to provide fire prevention protection in case of an unfortunate accident involving said birthday candles...and purchase ear protection for yourself in the inevitable event of said child screaming at the top of their lungs when they throw the inevitable howling tantrum due to their having been unduly deprived of getting their exact wish (see any number of television commercials for proof of the inevitability of said meltdown).

Whew, that was exhausting!  That's all the pro bono (and fake!) advice I have for the day!

LOLLOL
I guess she told you, PaW. Wink

I look at CC and think...why do people hate lawyers?
She, is a sweetheart.

My first marriage was a train wreck, the ex's lawyer tried to work with me.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 7:08pm
^^^Many of my best friends and confidants have always been lawyers and judges.
DO NOT believe the 'old wife's tale' that there never are any skid marks at the scene of a 'hit and run' where the victim was a lawyer - THAT IS NOT TRUE!
Don't believe you have to do it just to prove me wrong and any old or ex wife right - I need my friends.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 7:25pm
^ That's probably a good group of friends to hang with. Rich people throw great partys.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 7:24pm
^'Rich' is a relative term and that doesn't come into play whatsoever.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic