Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I so hate the Liberty Mutual lug wrench commercial
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I so hate the Liberty Mutual lug wrench commercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bjoh249 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I so hate the Liberty Mutual lug wrench commercial
    Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 2:16am

This commercial is more annoying than the "Brad" one with the Asian girl. I despise both the people in this commercial really bad!!
Sponsored Links

stan319 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stan319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 1:37am
I know this is supposed to be funny, but it's what some of us are becoming. We don't have to be able to park or use the brakes, because the car will do it for us.
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 1:44am
Originally posted by stan319 stan319 wrote:

I know this is supposed to be funny, but it's what some of us are becoming. We don't have to be able to park or use the brakes, because the car will do it for us.
Common sense is being overridden by dependence on technology.  People are becoming idiots.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 2:13am
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

Common sense is being overridden by dependence on technology.  People are becoming idiots.

I have believed the same for at least 20 years - I remember thinking precisely that the day the original 'DOOM' game was made available for free - and I thought they were writing the newest 'Commander Keen' game. Asswipes basically had OS within OS and gave our chilluns first-person shooter capabilities. We lost a generation right there and yes it was recognized and all of a sudden, we are on the brink of AI and becoming food for the MATRIX.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 3:26am
"Is this a lug wrench?"  No, drop your pants and look down.... there's your lug wrench. Now twist the nuts off and curse your parents for reproducing
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 3:54pm
Haven't had a lug wrench or jack in my car in years. Just count on AAA. 
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

"Some" people are becoming idiots.
Most of the rest are already there! 

Present company excluded, of course. 

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by NJtoTX NJtoTX wrote:

Haven't had a lug wrench or jack in my car in years. Just count on AAA. 

Most cars still include a jack, wrench and some sort of spare tire. Don't they? I haven't bought a new vehicle in over 10 years and I have better tools for the job in the garage.

Floor jack, impact wrench, air compressor.
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 1:25am
If my son didn't know what a lug wrench was I would have him committed and take the day off.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 5:35pm
ConfusedOne real curious thing nobody has mentioned...Mom & her car-age football playing brat are overlooking Liberty Island, somewhere around lunch time...while NanjiNerd & his retarded little red-headed friend are talking to them, just a little further down the Hudson River, late at night, in a place they should never be without a gun. The only way this conversation could occur would be if one of them in in CHINA - ya know, the other side of the world?! Now, if you're in China, late at night, with a flat and a retarded red-headed friend and NO GUN, you're probably making your last phone call. If you have a gun, you ARE making your last phone call.
Makes me feel like I'm getting ready to watch another episode of 'Law & Order: SVU' - you know, the episode where two little boys learn all about lug wrenches and different things that they can be used for?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 7:30pm
LOL

Yeah, where are these guys and what are they doing?  Making a drug deal, having gay sex?

Do they even have the arm strength to loosen the nuts? The common sense to keep the car from rolling off of the jack. The brains to use your foot on the wrench if their arms aren't strong enough.

Some bonehead mechanic might have torqued them with an air wrench to 100 foot pounds.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 12:39am
The kid who answers the lug wrench kid when he asks if the thing he holding is a lug wrench sounds like Keanu Reeves!
One man gathers what another man spills
bjoh249 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjoh249 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 5:01am
OMG don't insult Keanu like that!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

The kid who answers the lug wrench kid when he asks if the thing he holding is a lug wrench sounds like Keanu Reeves!

Definitely a stoner.

"Stoner".  Is that word even used anymore? 

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

"Is this a lug wrench?"  No, drop your pants and look down.... there's your lug wrench. Now twist the nuts off and curse your parents for reproducing

I literally just busted out laughing! LOL

I see this commercial and I really do thank my dad for teaching me basic sh*t like tire changing, checking oil and other things when I first got my drivers license.

The kid is a total moron also, maybe...just maybe Google "lug wrench" on your smarter than you phone, a photo of a lug wrench will appear! 

!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 1:54am
^Agreed, then again I've noticed that people who are tried and true smartphoners seem to have warped brains that can't figure stuff out like that. I never had a dad to teach me all this stuff and I still know what a lug wrench is...or how to change my oil. Sheesh...these kids today would expect you to breathe for them if you could.
smodeski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smodeski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 4:48pm
The new cars aren't exactly mechanic friendly. Has anyone tried to change the oil by yourself, or jump start a battery. All the parts are covered up with shrouds, so that you have to remove eight bolts to get to the part. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 5:43pm
I/we have an 07 Ford Edge and a 07 Chevy Silverado P-U and yes, I change the oil myself.
Diagnosing engine problems is another story, if you don't have the training and special equipment, it's a no win situation.
bjoh249 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjoh249 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 6:38pm
It doesn’t take much genius to figure out what lug wrench is.
ILUVTOMH77 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILUVTOMH77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 3:17pm
Every, single Liberty Mutual commercial is dumb.
Chevy commercials that feature annoying hipsters make me NOT want to ever buy a Chevy......
bjoh249 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjoh249 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 9:22pm
Yep, and that “Brad” one with the Asian girl is only just slightly less annoying than this one
rickdees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickdees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 12:22am
I soooo hate this commercial that I actually signed up to this site to post.  If I were a young person, I would be very very insulted that my generation was portrayed as so brain dead that I did not know what a lug wrench is.  This is the most basic tool that you should have with ALL autos.  However, people now are soooo ignorant, that manufacturers now can sell them new cars WITHOUT A SPARE TIRE.  When I first found this out, I was speechless.  It is sadness that our Society has regressed to become a gathering, a herd, of cows, ignorant of everything, simply eating, giving milk/taxes, and eventually being eaten, without ever knowing that this is their fate.  Then again, the theory in advertising is that a successful commercial can be either hated or liked.  But.....an unsuccessful commercial is one that is ignored.  Thus, the level of dislike for Liberty Mutual commercials, yes, they are inane, indicates that the advertising agency has done a very good job.
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 1:05am
It all started when most High Schools dropped auto shop class.  One of the biggest mistakes of these schools made was graduating kids without any ideas of how every day items work.
There's a sucker born every minute.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 3:36am

Seems our youngest generation has gotten both 'tough' when they realized they were 'stupid' and have nothing to lean on...and I do agree school curriculum modifications are partially to blame while owners/creators of those walking food stamps should be held accountable for their own failures in regard to preparing their offspring for this world. 

It's easy to hate these commercials when one finds the irony in the commercial is almost insulting but, when truth be told, understands it or know it is, well...valid.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 4:51am
Originally posted by rickdees rickdees wrote:

I soooo hate this commercial that I actually signed up to this site to post.  If I were a young person, I would be very very insulted that my generation was portrayed as so brain dead that I did not know what a lug wrench is.  This is the most basic tool that you should have with ALL autos.  However, people now are soooo ignorant, that manufacturers now can sell them new cars WITHOUT A SPARE TIRE.  When I first found this out, I was speechless.  It is sadness that our Society has regressed to become a gathering, a herd, of cows, ignorant of everything, simply eating, giving milk/taxes, and eventually being eaten, without ever knowing that this is their fate.  Then again, the theory in advertising is that a successful commercial can be either hated or liked.  But.....an unsuccessful commercial is one that is ignored.  Thus, the level of dislike for Liberty Mutual commercials, yes, they are inane, indicates that the advertising agency has done a very good job.

We've talked about that very same thing here before, but it was several years ago.

Some of us have been posting here for over ten years.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic