Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Name a commercial fad you hate immensely.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

Agree! Im thinking of that truck commercial where the white lady saved money on her Christmas lawn display and the black lady saves money on her brand new truck - but rubs it in the other lady’s face - but you saved foo! (insert fake scream if joy) btw - I have many friends both at work and outside of work who are asian and induan (India) and they think the whole push for blended families is out of control. My asian friend is married to a white guy but still thinks the amount of politically correctness devoted to turning Canada into one bland blend of mocha-colored people with no identity or roots is ridiculous. I personally hate this agenda too.
Thumbs Up
It's so obvious! Mixed couples, zebra kids?  George Jefferson said it! Not me!

Sponsored Links

BadAd View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BadAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 2:29am
Can I stick in a vote here against all the annoying children selling cars lately? You can't understand a word they're saying. And even i you could, would be persuaded by this t purchase an automobile.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 6:13am
Once talkies were invented, people have hated commercials more intensely than ever...

LOL
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 10:04pm
Some of mine:
1. Vocal Fry chicks
2. Broadway show tune adaptions
3. Talking phone/computer (like google directions etc.)
4. White trash surfer dude speak.
5. Rap/Hip Hop
6. Any commercial using Simply the Best
More to come.
I approve this message.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by BadAd BadAd wrote:

Can I stick in a vote here against all the annoying children selling cars lately? You can't understand a word they're saying. And even i you could, would be persuaded by this t purchase an automobile.

I absolutely HATE this trend. The so called "cute" kids like the Kia commercial, this insipid Xfinity ad - which went away for a few months...but now it's back. And IKEA.

It's old, played out...just f'ing stop!

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 10:56pm
REAL kids can be cute and funny. These kids are FAKE and CONTRIVED!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
msubulldog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msubulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 5:25pm
1) All the KFC "Colonels"
2) Mayhem
3) The old guy who looks like Leslie Nielsen (Geico)
4) The Verizon commercials featuring the guy who looks like Howard from The Big Bang Theory
5) Any commercial for Medicare Advantage/Medigap that makes reference to AARP
6) All the "Eat mor chickn" commercials from Chic-Fil-A
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Originally posted by BadAd BadAd wrote:

I absolutely HATE this trend. The so called "cute" kids like the Kia commercial, this insipid Xfinity ad - which went away for a few months...but now it's back. And IKEA.

It's old, played out...just f'ing stop!

The IKEA brat reminds me of my Grandson. He learned how to open a door at age 2. He still hasn't learned how to close one at age 9!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by msubulldog msubulldog wrote:

2) Mayhem
4) The Verizon commercials featuring the guy who looks like Howard from The Big Bang Theory
6) All the "Eat more chicken" commercials from Chic-Fil-A

I can't believe I left out the lisping effeminate nerd from the Verizon Fios commercials. I understand he has some kind of disease/handicap and feel for him but can he just stay in New Jersey and do commercials in the Garden State.

And, the hipster warbling vocal fry singing chicks...
I approve this message.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 1:24am
Whiny squeaky loud sounding voices either talking or singing I'm looking at you Lucky Charms unicorn Commercial and Coppertone's "Feel It Still" by Portugal The Man.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 2:01am
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

Originally posted by msubulldog msubulldog wrote:

2) Mayhem
6) All the "Eat more chicken" commercials from Chic-Fil-A

I can't believe I left out the lisping effeminate nerd from the Verizon Fios commercials. I understand he has some kind of disease/handicap and feel for him but can he just stay in New Jersey and do commercials in the Garden State.

And, the hipster warbling vocal fry singing chicks...

These freggin Fios ads, this one just gets under my skin. Not only the Stranger Things kid, but the mom comes off like a total air head! The way she says "Here's money for - piz-ZaahHH! , uh...Noo!!?!"
I dont know, it bugs the hell out of me. The husband and kids seems like real d*cks also.

And the "Todays The Daisy.." jingle. That is an instant mute!

purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 6:46am
1. Hipsters singing off-key.  Extra hate if accompanied by a ukelele.
2. Anthimeria (spread the happy, celebrate your extraordinary, rethink possible)
3. Kids who are smarter than their parents.
4. A car full of people singing, especially off-key.  And they're always off-key. 
5. People talking with food in their mouths (or otherwise displaying disgusting eating habits).  I don't care if the food is clean, sustainable or whatever, just use some basic table manners.
6. People scratching their eczema, plaque psoriasis, or whatever else is making them itch.

On another note, I couldn't help but notice that a lot of y'all don't like to see interracial families, and I don't understand why.  Out of the thousands of commercials that come out every year, maybe a handful of them have interracial couples/ families.  I don't think they are trying to push an agenda at all, and frankly it's kind of nice to see an acknowledgement that we exist and we're really not any different than other families.  I'm white and happened to fall in love with an Asian man, could have been a white man (or black for that matter).  We're just people, so please stop acting as if our very existence is some sort of statement. 
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 1:17am
Originally posted by purple rose purple rose wrote:

On another note, I couldn't help but notice that a lot of y'all don't like to see interracial families, and I don't understand why.  Out of the thousands of commercials that come out every year, maybe a handful of them have interracial couples/ families.  I don't think they are trying to push an agenda at all, and frankly it's kind of nice to see an acknowledgement that we exist and we're really not any different than other families.  I'm white and happened to fall in love with an Asian man, could have been a white man (or black for that matter).  We're just people, so please stop acting as if our very existence is some sort of statement. 

FINALLY! Somebody with some sense! They don't bother me either!
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 1:30am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Its not the PEOPLE themselves that bother..its the FACT that there ALWAYS is a REQUIRED mixed race ANYTHING on EVERY ad as it seems that just showing pairs of matched ethnics of any sort is PASSE'.

All retailers are smart enough to know that the more inclusive they can be, the more $$$ rolls into their filthy pockets--the fact that the bigger brands USED to do racially profiled SEPARATE ads has been swept under the mat--and its CHEAPER for these goons to hit all the 'bases'. Its not that anyone here is racist, we just smell a faux trend when we see it. Pretty sure Walmart gives no craps about WHO or WHAT shops in that fecal heap of a retailer.
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 1:38am

They don't bother me either. Big smile

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 6:05am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

Its not the PEOPLE themselves that bother..its the FACT that there ALWAYS is a REQUIRED mixed race ANYTHING on EVERY ad as it seems that just showing pairs of matched ethnics of any sort is PASSE'.

All retailers are smart enough to know that the more inclusive they can be, the more $$$ rolls into their filthy pockets--the fact that the bigger brands USED to do racially profiled SEPARATE ads has been swept under the mat--and its CHEAPER for these goons to hit all the 'bases'. Its not that anyone here is racist, we just smell a faux trend when we see it. Pretty sure Walmart gives no craps about WHO or WHAT shops in that fecal heap of a retailer.

Really, every commercial you see has a mixed race couple?  Come on, there are maybe a handful for every hundred ads for what you consider normal (i.e. same race) couples.  It's just that when one comes on you notice it because you think there's something odd about it. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 9:05am

It's clear they made a conscious decision to portray these interracial couples.  Probably sat around discussing it.  Yet, we're supposed to be color-blind about it; we're not even supposed to notice.  It just seems like a manipulation to me.

It's no big deal.  However, people are going to notice it.

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

It's clear they made a conscious decision to portray these interracial couples.  Cry Probably sat around discussing it.  Yet, we're supposed to be color-blind about it; we're not even supposed to notice.  It just seems like a manipulation to me.

It's no big deal. Thumbs Up However, people are going to notice it.Shocked
EXACTLY--once seen it cannot be unseen...and for NEW fad?
The fact that when Ma and Pa's Day comes around, you see a SLEW of awful, pretentious fragrance ads per gender..man i am SICK of Jhannee' Depp and Sauvage!! His francois accent is the WURST

...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 5:55pm

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

[
The fact that when Ma and Pa's Day comes around, you see a SLEW of awful, pretentious fragrance ads per gender..man i am SICK of Jhannee' Depp and Sauvage!! His francois accent is the WURST

[/QUOTE]

On that, we can totally agree Wink
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 1:44am
Oh god that stupid Sauvage ad! If it weren't for that black 1970 Challenger I wouldn't be interested in it! BTW what's the deal with not showing the front of the vehicle!? That's the best part of the car! While we're complaining about fragrance ads anybody else sick of the Invictus ads? Stupid Roman garbage where the guy blasts the statue people into smithereens while that crappy Kanye West song "Power" Song plays. I HATE that ad!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 5:15am

Thank you!
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 1:20pm

Yep, they don't bother me, but I often consider ad teams ala Mad Men sitting around creating and tweaking and focus testing these things, and I also smile at the heads exploding in parts of the country and wonder if they are not aired there.

USAA does this. About 40% of military spouses are minorities, and many of those are interracial marriages. 
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 3:18pm
So what? I think you're just finding excuses to hate the ad!
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 3:30pm

So what? I think you're just finding excuses to hate the ad!

Say, what?

You talkin to me?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic