Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Della Reese

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP Della Reese
    Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 9:27pm
Yet another famous person gone. They're dropping like flies.
Della Reese, well known for Harlem Nights with Eddie Murphy, her singing career and most well-known for her long-time role on Touched By An Angel, has died. She was 86. What a great show, family-friendly and full of star power. For a time it used to be one of the highest-ranking shows on television. RIP! CryCry
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/della-reese-touched-by-an-angel-star-dead-at-86/
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 9:42pm
RIP Della.  I enjoyed her so much on Touched By An Angel.  She was a nice lady.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 3:03am
Everybody dies, like the Hank Williams song goes "I Ain't Gettin' Out This World Alive" she did live a long life it sucks that she died though. Aw I'm gonna miss her.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 3:06am
I was more familiar with her name than I was with her work.

Had no idea she was on a TV show, never watched TBAA, couldn't tell you one song she did.

RIP to her, though.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 6:50am
I know that Touched By An Angel was a favorite of ours in the 1990s! Della Reese sung the opening song of the opening credits. This is back when we had full songs not just a couple of minutes for the opening. If she was nice as she was on that show she will be dearly missed!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 9:06am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I was more familiar with her name than I was with her work.

Had no idea she was on a TV show, never watched TBAA, couldn't tell you one song she did.

RIP to her, though.

Same here.  She was more a name and personality to me than anything else---one I always seem to have known.  I knew none of her songs, nor what her singing voice was like.  I have seen Touched by an Angel, though.

Seemed nice, though.

RIP to her.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 10:26am
Wow all these celebrities dropping dead seem reminiscent of 2016. 2016 takes the cake on celebrity deaths however I think 2016 was unpresented in celebrity deaths. I was wrong, 2016 didn't take the cake on celebrity deaths, it took the whole bakery. RIP to Della Reese. She seemed sweet and full of life. :(
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic