Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Walmart   'Rollbacks that Rock the Show'  (videos)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Walmart 'Rollbacks that Rock the Show' (videos)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Walmart 'Rollbacks that Rock the Show' (videos)
    Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 7:05pm
OuchI'm already feeling all broke & sh*t...and Walmart just HAS to remind me it is time once again to go buy expensive gifts for other people's spermmistakes..."...whooomp! 'der it be...."
Apologies if anyone else already posted these POS's.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 7:37pm
Great, let's celebrate Christmas with songs from the two of the worst decades of music!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 8:35pm
Walmart doesn't even "rock" the rock.  Their rock and roll CD selection is abysmal.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 9:05pm
^^^ShockedSsshhhhhh! Don't tell the children!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 6:28pm
I hope this is not one that PaW has already posted...Redbone?   Really?

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Walmart doesn't even "rock" the rock.  Their rock and roll CD selection is abysmal.

Do the Millennials still listen to Rock music? All I ever hear from the vehicles cruising around is that hiphop trash.....thumping bass and electronic, computerised noise.
As The Who once said, "Rock is dead, long live rock!"....
One man gathers what another man spills
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Do the Millennials still listen to Rock music? All I ever hear from the vehicles cruising around is that hiphop trash.....thumping bass and electronic, computerised noise.

*Raises hand* me me ME! I do! I do! It's better than crap that's been around since the late 1990s up to today!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 8:05pm
Rock music has gone underground.  It's still being made and listened to, but you have to look for it.  This ain't the 70s.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 8:30pm

Do the g still listen to Rock music? All I ever hear from the vehicles cruising around is that hiphop trash.....thumping bass and electronic, computerised noise.

Rock music has gone underground.  It's still being made and listened to, but you have to look for it.  This ain't the 70s.

I heard this song at Barnes & Noble yesterday and was impressed enough to ask the clerk in the music dept who it was.

The first :53 seconds sucks, but then it starts to rock.

Sounds kinda early 70's...

I can't get over that name though... "Harry Styles"???

Really???
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 9:06pm
^ cool! Sounds like something 89.9 WAPJ would play! WAPJ is an independent radio station that plays today's lesser known artists and other non-top 40 pop music.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 9:26pm
I think that's one of the kids from boy band One Direction.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 9:45pm

Not surprising that you know that.

Bet you've got their posters up all over your walls, too....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 12:13am
When only the best studio musicians will do.  Not too bad of a jam.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 12:20am
Today's pop music is not rock. The music is in the background, not out front. The most important thing for today's pop music is the vocals, that is the loudest thing I ever hear when the new music is played. Guitar players like Eric Clapton don't seem to exist any more. The focus is always on the bloody lead singer, never on the music being played behind them.
I miss hearing bands with outstanding musicians. The one exception I've heard recently was when I heard the Tedeschi-Trucks Band. Susan Tedeschi can sing like an angel and play some damn good blues guitar, and her hubby Derek Trucks is one of the best guitarists of his generation! Bands like them are few and far between.
One man gathers what another man spills
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Nonsense.  That wouldn't leave room for my Jonas Bros and Justin Bieber posters.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 12:27am

Today's pop music is not rock. The music is in the background, not out front. The most important thing for today's pop music is the vocals, that is the loudest thing I ever hear when the new music is played. Guitar players like Eric Clapton don't seem to exist any more. The focus is always on the bloody lead singer, never on the music being played behind them.
I miss hearing bands with outstanding musicians. The one exception I've heard recently was when I heard the Tedeschi-Trucks Band. Susan Tedeschi can sing like an angel and play some damn good blues guitar, and her hubby Derek Trucks is one of the best guitarists of his generation! Bands like them are few and far between.

When your dad is one of the founding members of The Allman Brothers Band and you've grown up under the tutelage of guitar players of the caliber of Gregg Allman, Dickie Betts and Warren Haynes, you're bound to learn some chops.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 12:27am
Originally posted by Dejoh Dejoh wrote:

LOL  Yes, they're incredibly adequate.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 12:29am

Nonsense.  That wouldn't leave room for my Jonas Bros and Justin Bieber posters.

Yeah, but which ones went on the ceiling above your bed???

That had to leave some extra room....

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 12:31am

Originally posted by Dejoh Dejoh wrote:

LOL  Yes, they're incredibly adequate.

I can imagine Robert Palmer doing that song.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 12:32am

Yeah, but which ones went on the ceiling above your bed???
That space is reserved for my god Michael Jackson.

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 12:40am

Today's pop music is not rock. ...

Today's "music" isn't even music.
No instruments, no human musicians, no song structure, and no effort.

Today's "music" is perhaps best described as a kazoo sampled through a jock strap, with "vocals"  courtesy of AutoTune.

In other words, the Millenials' ultimate playlist.  DeadDeadDead

Do you think when today's "musicians" are recording their masterpieces they give any thought to the final product?  "Let's take it again from the top."  The top of WHAT?!  Dead

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 3:37pm

Susan Tedeschi is amazing. My favorite playing the music you describe is still Robin Trower.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 6:47pm
Another steaming pile of bullsh!t song from the magic butthole!  Angry

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 7:17pm
The Black Eyed Sneeze, no thank you. Pure garbage! Can't believe I actually liked that song! Ech! I was younger and stupider back then!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic