Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Toys R Us- Naughty List Gift Card (vid)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toys R Us- Naughty List Gift Card (vid)
    Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 4:49pm
Just what I need to hear, screaming children! Naughty, has a slightly different meaning here at the aka senior citizen romper room.  Tongue

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 5:18pm
Because children are little con artists, aren't they?
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 8:18pm
Today we play is Toys R Us' tagline?  I thought they were going out of business.  They filed for bankruptcy.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/09/19/toys-r-us-files-bankruptcy/678069001/
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Today we play is Toys R Us' tagline?  I thought they were going out of business.  They filed for bankruptcy.

They cut the commercial off before it was completely finished....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 10:22pm
I thought they croaked and filed for bankruptcy! And put us out of our misery.
I approve this message.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 1:58am
JUST saw this one. So damn obnoxious.AngryAngry
P*ssing away whatever money they have left in crap advertising.

"Today we play" Yeah, it's stupid.
BUT if they got rid of that guy yelling "AWWWE-SOME," it's actually a slight improvement. Damn, I hated that!

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 3:14pm
"Today we play"? Whatever happened to "I don't want grow up, I'm a Toys R Us Kid"?

Also since 1997 Toys R Us has become a cold sterile toy warehouse! Gone are the days of mansard roofs, rainbow colored planks on vestibules and covered ceilings!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

"Today we play"? Whatever happened to "I don't want grow up, I'm a Toys R Us Kid"?

Also since 1997 Toys R Us has become a cold sterile toy warehouse! Gone are the days of mansard roofs, rainbow vestibules and covered ceilings!

I never saw that!?! Mine always looked like a Kids Kostco. No rainbows! Just aisle after long, long aisle of toys. And some baby clothes. Maybe baby furntiture. And that was back in the 80s, early 90s!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 8:14pm
I was describing the exterior just search "1980s Toys R Us store" you'll see what I mean. Look for the storefront with dark brown or black trapazoid humps up top, Geoffrey head to the right, and rainbow stripes at the bottom. I call it "The Castle Look"
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

JUST saw this one. So damn obnoxious.AngryAngry
P*ssing away whatever money they have left in crap advertising.

"Today we play" Yeah, it's stupid.
BUT if they got rid of that guy yelling "AWWWE-SOME," it's actually a slight improvement. Damn, I hated that!

That baffles me. It seems the faster these failing retailers circle the drain the more money they throw away on useless advertising. Radio Shack is a classic example.Confused
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
HalandBubbles View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HalandBubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 3:57pm
MEMEMEMEMEMEMMEMEMEMEMEcalmdownyoudangbratsMEMEMMEMEMEMEMMEMEME!!!!
you wanna see my pencil?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 4:32pm
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 4:40pm
I hate the name "Hasbro Games" it sounds cheap. Makes me miss Milton Bradley and Parker Brothers. Names which have been well known famous companies in board games for DECADES!!!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 5:03pm

I hate the name "Hasbro Games" it sounds cheap. Makes me miss Milton Bradley and Parker Brothers. Names which have staples in board games for DECADES!!!!

Yeah, I always wondered why they put all those staples in their board games. Never saw the point of that.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 5:24pm
LOL

I'd be lost without my Arrow T50 staple gun.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 7:13pm

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 7:54pm
LOL  You are a crazy old f*ck!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 8:26pm
Very annoying voiceover on this one.  Stupid commercial too.  Doesn't the big spender get an allowance?  He thinks it's OK to pretend pay for dinner with Monopoly money?  What a dickhead.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 10:29pm

Very annoying voiceover on this one.  Stupid commercial too.  Doesn't the big spender get an allowance?  He thinks it's OK to pretend pay for dinner with Monopoly money?  What a dickhead.

Somehow, that statement cracked me up for some reason!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 10:32pm

Yes, he does get an allowance. Unfortunately, the Monopoly money is what the kid's poor-ass parents give him.

What the commercial doesn't show is them all hauling ass out of the place without paying the bill anyway.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 2:22am

Somehow, that statement cracked me up for some reason!
I'm happy to contribute my keen sense of humor around here anytime.  Tongue Wink  Thanks!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Narration by Ringo Starr! I love The Point!
One man gathers what another man spills
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 11:21pm

I was describing the exterior just search "1980s Toys R Us store" you'll see what I mean. Look for the storefront with dark brown or black trapazoid humps up top, Geoffrey head to the right, and rainbow stripes at the bottom. I call it "The Castle Look"

HugOhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I long for those days again!!!
I'd have the clan (minus MissyD) in the FamblyVan or the Merc and roll up on TRU and we would go NUTS! Usually out and sufficiently broke...we always had fun if we bought stuff or not, but we usually did. *I* am proud to admit *I* have been kicked out of TRU (with all pups in tow) more than once.Big smile If I could ride it, climb it, toss it, or whatever...I'd do it.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

HugOhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I long for those days again!!!
I'd have the clan (minus MissyD) in the FamblyVan or the Merc and roll up on TRU and we would go NUTS! Usually out and sufficiently broke...we always had fun if we bought stuff or not, but we usually did. *I* am proud to admit *I* have been kicked out of TRU (with all pups in tow) more than once.Big smile If I could ride it, climb it, toss it, or whatever...I'd do it.

And then from there, it was on to Chuck E. Cheese Pizza for a dine-n-dash!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 7:03pm
They did bring back the old Jingle...A final farewell?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic