Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I've got genital herpes.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stopit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I've got genital herpes.
    Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 12:32am
Are we ever going to be rid of these horrendous commercials? They've been around faaaaaar too long in my opinion.

They always have a young, good-looking couple sitting outside in nature discussing their herpes with the camera. Now they're toting that 1 in 5 Americans has herpes. That HAS to be skewed. They may have the mouth cold sore herpes, but not GENITAL herpes. Big difference.

If I was directing the commercial, this is how it would go:

Woman: "I have genital herpes."
Man: "And I gave it to her."

Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 1:12am
...heeeeeeeeyyyy! I've been WAITING for this one!!!!!!!
*I* just want to see one of them announce they have genital herpes only to see the other give a really cock-eyed look, and simply walk out of camera view.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 1:59am
Is this the same commercial where at the end, we see Mr & Mrs cootying  cooing over each other in a hammock?Shocked
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 2:02am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Is this the same commercial where at the end, we see Mr & Mrs cootying  cooing over each other in a hammock?Shocked

I dunno, but I DO know it ain't me an' you if you got genital herpes ('sides the fact I like the MissyD and I don't wanna get that stuff from sharin' a beer, dammit! - so ya better be clean, or I'ma comin to Richmond, for ya', Tiz, ol'buddy, ol'pal!)...LOL

(watch for PM's, Bubba! I may be in yer neck o'de'woods VERY SOON - I need yer money!Wink)
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 2:57am
Just so you know Pa, I don't share me beer nor me money. And, I won't give ya 'bad' directions either.
No, really.Tongue
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 3:02am
LOLLOLLOLLOL
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Tongue

You're mean.

That tastes like SAND!

Everybody is seeing what you did to me - OVER AND OVER!!![/COLOR">

HERE I COME.

(advise: Hide)

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 7:00am
Her: I have genital herpes.
Him: And so do I.
Her: We can't stop doing it.
Him: Our genitalia controls our minds.
Her: Besides, I kind of like to scratch that itch.
Him: Me too.
Her: DO me!
Him: OK.
Music-Bow-chicka-BOW-boooowwww...
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 7:42am
Originally posted by BrianO BrianO wrote:

Her: I have genital herpes.
Him: And so do I.
Her: We can't stop doing it.
Him: Our genitalia controls our minds.
Her: Besides, I kind of like to scratch that itch.
Him: Me too.
Her: DO me!
Him: OK.
Music-Bow-chicka-BOW-boooowwww...

Hahaha.  If I'd been drinking anything, I would have spit it all over the keyboard.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 11:56am
You have to be pretty damn desperate for dough to tell the world you have crotch rot!!!!Dead
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 5:18pm

Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

You have to be pretty damn desperate for dough to tell the world you have crotch rot!!!!Dead
LOLLOLLOLLOL That was too funny!All I have to say about this is that if you have genital herpes, stay the hell away from me!
suenewtotx View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suenewtotx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by stopit stopit wrote:

They always have a young, good-looking couple sitting outside in nature discussing their herpes with the camera. Now they're toting that 1 in 5 Americans has herpes. That HAS to be skewed. They may have the mouth cold sore herpes, but not GENITAL herpes. Big difference.

And not only are these couples young & good-looking, but they're very healthy & athletic!  They're always shown surfing, hiking, mountain climbing, biking, etc.  They might as well say "My crotch is rotten, but I'm not going to let that slow me down!"Dead  Now, I think there may have been one exception -- wasn't there some herpes-infested woman sitting on swing in an older commercial?    
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 6:10pm

Originally posted by suenewtotx suenewtotx wrote:

And not only are these couples young & good-looking, but they're very healthy & athletic!  They're always shown surfing, hiking, mountain climbing, biking, etc.  They might as well say "My crotch is rotten, but I'm not going to let that slow me down!"Dead  Now, I think there may have been one exception -- wasn't there some herpes-infested woman sitting on swing in an older commercial?    
I hope they took the seat of that swing and burned it after she got up!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suenewtotx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Originally posted by suenewtotx suenewtotx wrote:

I hope they took the seat of that swing and burned it after she got up!

Yeah, I hope so, too.  I guess you really have to be careful where you swing (no pun intended!LOL). 

Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 8:51pm
I'm waiting for the one with a man sitting in a car with his head back as if he's asleep, then this toothless crack HO hooker pops up from his lap and says out the window, "I have genital herpes, and now this fool does too!!"

How do these folks find a significant other anyway. Some chick tells me she's got a tainted tail and I'm gonna bail!!! I mean what am I gonna say, "Thank God it ain AIDS!! We might have a few sores and some puss from time to time, but we can scrog for decades!!"

I have genital Herpes! And I don't!!
And I don't GIVE A PHUCK ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!! Now get the PHUCK OFF MY SCREEN!!!!!!!!! 
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 9:00pm

I have genital herpes. That's why I take 'Crotch Don't Smell'.

But your crotch doesn't smell!

ExACTly!Wink
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 10:07pm

Originally posted by Wild Starchild Wild Starchild wrote:

I'm waiting for the one with a man sitting in a car with his head back as if he's asleep, then this toothless crack HO hooker pops up from his lap and says out the window, "I have genital herpes, and now this fool does too!!"
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 1:53am
Them herpes get too frisky hit `em with the shampoo.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 2:11am
*I* think the 'message must be spread far and wide (NOT in the 'goatse' frame of reference, Thor) - *I* think we need a 'loving couple' commercial in the line of....
"...I've got genital herpes"
"...and I've got multiple partners!"
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 5:40pm
I hate it when they show up when I'm trying to eat lunch!
Banquo View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banquo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 5:49pm
Smug Woman: I have genital herpes...
Smug Boyfriend: ...and I don't!

Seriously, would you keep sleeping with someone if you knew they had an incurable disease and could give it to you? Ok to be fair they might be married, but they appear to be a young dating couple. I think in real life the commercial would go more like this:

Smug Woman: I have genital herpes...
Shocked Man: WTF?! Get away from me!
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 4:10am
Good one, Banquo! LOL
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suenewtotx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by 70s80s 70s80s wrote:

I hate it when they show up when I'm trying to eat lunch!

LOLLOLLOL

That's funny -- it sounds more like the herpes-infected couples actually show up at your front door, instead of in TV commercials.Dead
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 11:38pm

Haha, the first thing I thought when I saw your topic title was "And I don't!"

That commercial is terrible. They act like having genital herpes is a GREAT thing!

Basically the ad is played out as if, instead of genital herpes, the girlfriend was black for Jewish. Like "I love her so I don't care that she's genitally different!"
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 1:22am
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 1:26am
Next thing you know they'll haul out the "scab cam" to monitor outbreaks!!Dead
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic