Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Balsam Hill!? Christmas in October!? Really?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Balsam Hill!? Christmas in October!? Really?
    Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 9:33pm
I saw several times an ad for Balsam Hill Artificial Christmas Trees. For @#$&'s sake Holloween hasn't happened yet. IT'S NOT EVEN COLUMBUS DAY YET!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:17am
Christmas in October??  I don't even care about it in December.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:37am
They were doing Christmas stuff on the home shopping channels in September.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 5:42am
It's the perfect way to cover two holidays at once:  Dress your brats up as Christmas trees & send'em out on Halloween...  LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 2:31pm
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 1:54am
Their "real free" trees look like hard plastic. For over $600, it better look real, smell real, and set itself up!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 10:44am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

It's the perfect way to cover two holidays at once:  Dress your brats up as Christmas trees & send'em out on Halloween...  LOL

That got me wondering---how come you never see kids dressed up as Santa or the baby Jesus on Halloween?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

That got me wondering---how come you never see kids dressed up as Santa or the baby Jesus on Halloween?

I would say that it's because those two figures are antithetical to what Halloween is all about. Halloween is all about scary, spooky evil demons and stuff. Santa and Jesus are all about warmth and goodness.

Plus, those two are both male figures, so only boys and nowadays, men would usually be candidates for dressing as either of them. And you know that no American male human of any age group is going to dress up as anything less scary that a ghost or maybe a pirate, etc.

If either of them were female figures, you'd probably see girls dressing up as them. Girls have always dressed up as things like fairies and angels and stuff.

Guy thing vs girl thing.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 9:25pm
I can't remember all my Halloween costumes as a kid, but they included less than scary stuff---bums, hippies, football players and George Harrison are a few I remember.

For our high school Halloween dance, my friends and I dressed up as the KKK.  It was a last minute decision, as our original plans fell through.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 4:57am
Quote That got me wondering---how come you never see kids dressed up as Santa or the baby Jesus on Halloween? 

Blood spatters don't exactly show up too well on a red Santa suit, even if carrying a dripping axe suggests it. And there is probably a Satan Claus costume out there...  Wink

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:00am
They are already bombarding us with a radio ad for some XMAS concert in Baltimore. And this started during a spell of summerlike heat and humidity.
I approve this message.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:23am
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

They are already bombarding us with a radio ad for some XMAS concert in Baltimore. And this started during a spell of summerlike heat and humidity.
Commercials! Commercials! Commercials! Commercials! Commercials! Commercials! Commercials! Eventually (soon) the Christmas commercials will start January 2nd! Or even December 26th! They want our money now!!!     
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 12:34am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Commercials! Commercials! Commercials! Commercials! Commercials! Commercials! Commercials! Eventually (soon) the Christmas commercials will start January 2nd! Or even December 26th! They want our money now!!!     

Sadly you are correct. It will all be reality TV, of course with vocal fry girls. Christmas, Haloween, all the Government worker free for all give away holidays like Columbus Day for Mattress Sales/ POTUS day bla bla bla sort of diversions from the latest catastrophic weather disaster like a category 13 hurricane, the mass shooting of the week, attack of the killer goats and the deernados. Fun Fun Fun and the beat goes on.
I approve this message.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 10:58am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

They won't get a single penny from me. Angry I have at least 15 events I plan to attend from the period between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day including parades, concerts, pageants and even a fireworks display, all of which are Big smile FREE!!! Big smile
The only events I will be spending money on will be my Sunday School Group's Christmas Party (I'm donating a Turkey that a Soup Kitchen will be giving me next month), and I have some movies on DVD I'll donate for the party's "Chinese Auction". I will also purchase some HESS Trucks and a number of Hot Wheels cars and Barbie dolls for a quartet of Christmas Children's Charities, NONE of which bombard me with commercials. Wink
Poiuyt Power!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic